color
clarity

Excuse me, a WHAT festival? ... uhm ... NSFW

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:o :o :o

Partial SNIP:

"It was meant to be a culinary festival celebrating grelo, the leafy green vegetable that is a staple in the Galician town of As Pontes in north-west Spain.

But for the past few months, the small town was marketing a very different kind of festival after it used Google Translate to put the Galician word grelo into Castilian Spanish, ending up with it inviting people to take part in a “clitoris festival”.

“It was quite a surprise,” Montserrat García, the town’s spokeswoman, told the Guardian.
“At first, we didn’t believe what we were seeing.”

Local officials in As Pontes – population 11,000 – had written the announcement for the annual festival in Galician, one of the official languages of the northern Spanish region.
They used Google Translate for the Spanish-language version of the text.

It meant the town’s “Feria do grelo” or rapini festival – held every February with tastings and awards for the best grelos – became “Feria clítoris” in Spanish.

The translated announcement read: “The clitoris is one of the typical products of Galician cuisine.
Since 1981 ... the festival has made the clitoris one of the star products of its local gastronomy.”

García said the translation error was likely on the town’s official website for months before it was noticed late last week."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/03/google-translate-error-as-pontes-spain-clitoris-food-festival-grelo-galicia

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Excuse me, a WHAT festival?

This is just too good. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1446598637|3945391 said:

I search far and wide ... ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1446599762|3945398 said:
monarch64|1446598637|3945391 said:

I search far and wide ... ;-)

On the 2nd page of comments, there's one from a guy who (jokingly) wants to sue Google Maps. Pretty funny stuff.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People, even here on PS, get their knickers in a twist over the silliest little things. :roll:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results