shape
carat
color
clarity

Excited! Tried on a 19 ct. cushion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I don''t have any pictures, but I went to a private showing of David Morris jewelry here in DC today. They''re a London-based jeweler and have one store in Palm Beach, FL. They''re looking to break into the US market. Anyway, they had the most amazing pieces there. My favorite was a 19 ct. D, SI1 cushion with three-sided pave at a cool $1.1 million. Totally eye clean too! I still can''t believe I got to try it on! The thing was enormous- it was like a small doorknob on my finger.

We saw quite a few pink, yellow, and brown diamonds too. There were three older ladies there when we arrived; one really wanted her husband to buy her a gorgeous ruby ring with a diamond halo. It was amazing, and amazingly priced at $300,000. But you know what? Someone here has a ring (Ms. Flutter?) that looks just as good as the $300,000 one!

The woman who opened the FL store is friends with my friend''s husband, so that was our connection. She used to work for Fred Leighton in Vegas, and lent my friend a diamond necklace that J. Lo borrowed (and lost a center stone from). Anyway, she and the other woman there (the daughter-in-law of the David Morris people and also former Fred Leighton employees) made some very interesting remarks about the Fred Leighton collection...

Anyway, I wished I had pictures, and it was a very exciting day!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like my kind of day...add some good food and a nap and what more could you want?

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
sooooooooooo jealous! sounds like you had quite a day
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fun!!! Good for you!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you had a great time. Would have loved to have seen all those gorgeous pieces.

Linda

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 10:13:02 PM
Author: diamondfan
Sounds like my kind of day...add some good food and a nap and what more could you want?

They had wine and all sort of tea sandwiches and desserts, but I refrained.
9.gif

I think I can say definitively that a 19 ct. is too big for me.
2.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a dream day. Did the cushion look real?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 10:24:30 PM
Author: tawn
Sounds like a dream day. Did the cushion look real?

Yes and no. In a way, it was so big it almost didn''t look real. It had pear side stones too.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow.....how much fun!!!
3.gif

... the other woman there....made some very interesting remarks about the Fred Leighton collection...
You''re such a tease!
2.gif
I wish wish wish I could hear some "inside scoop" on FL. Can I assume what was said was uncomplimentary?

Inquiring minds want to know....
31.gif

widget

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 10:41:24 PM
Author: widget
Wow.....how much fun!!!
3.gif

... the other woman there....made some very interesting remarks about the Fred Leighton collection...

You''re such a tease!
2.gif
I wish wish wish I could hear some ''inside scoop'' on FL. Can I assume what was said was uncomplimentary?

Inquiring minds want to know....
31.gif

widget

Totally uncomplimentary! They made a few comments that definitely caught our attention- basically about the quality of FL and how you get what you pay for.
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like a blast..

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh how fun!
36.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
ooooh..

I wonder if when I finally go to the Smithsonian they would let me try on the Hope...

Really, though, I''m such a dwarf. I like wearing jewelry, but left to my own devices I would collect rare stone, put them in a box, and then take them out to play with and call "My preciousssss"
I also like spelunking and small enclosed spaces, hence the dwarf comment.

RE: FL--I thought they were awfully expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results