color
clarity

Ever buy stuff you don't use … or … more money than brains

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Ever buy stuff you don't use … or … more money than bra

Laila619|1399799506|3670225 said:
So much make up, perfume, nail polishes, and other beauty products over the years. What a waste of money!

I'm guilty of this as well... and I always end up going back to the same stuff I've been using forever. ::)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

No, I'm pretty resilient to impulse buys. I think long and hard over every item that I purchase, even if it is on sale for a great deal. When I do buy something, it is usually for the long haul and I love it for a long time.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Earrings and clothes. I love earrings and have lots of pairs, but I usually stick to the same small hoops or studs. I have a ton of clothes and I need to go through my closet soon and box up a few things to donate.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

kitchen gadgets and vases. Lordy!

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dining room light fixture. We've lived here ? 12 years and changed it 5 times. I just picked out #6 today. I swear I got it wrong 5 times in a row, and this time it'll be right. :rolleyes: There really is no secondary market for any of the things I get "wrong". I donate a lot of stuff.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I used to. I've gotten better about it.

DH adores kitchen gadgets. My kitchen is like Sur la Table when it comes to gadgets. If they make I probably have it. Seriously, it's ridiculous. I TELL HIM HE WON'T USE IT ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY IT. He disagrees. We wait. Then I cave.

For example. Kitchen Aid Mixer. High end version so it cost the earth. Used? 4 times.

REALLY!!!! I've gotten better about requiring that we do not buy uni-taskers and buy only multi-taskers but he manages to sneak stuff in.

And if I am to be honest. I have a platter problem. I love platters. Neatfreak has put me on a "no platters" restriction.

I USE THEM THOUGH. Mostly. I do have a lot of platters. I'm pretty sure there are caterers with less platters than I have. I adore vases too, but I've gone cold turkey with those for now, voluntarily. But they are hard to resist. And I do have a huge number of them to break before I can justify more.

Whenever we move the kitchen boxes take up 40% of the truck. It's a problem.

charleston1

Shiny_Rock

I am a lot better than I used to be about buying stuff that I rarely or never use.

After cleaning out my parent's house when they moved to a Retirement home I try to think before purchasing. Thirty five years of stuff in a 4 bedroom house, full basement, two car garage - oh my!!! My parents grew up in the Depression so they save stuff "just in case". Now I try to think before I make a purchase.

I still have my weaknesses - shoes, clutches, evening gowns, dressy shoes. All the clutches fit in one box and I told myself when the box is full NO more! The box is now full :saint: Oh and home décor stuff like pillows, vases. I have greatly improved on clothes and purses (except clutches LOL). I actually have used everything except one evening gown (still has the tags on it but I love it).

I don't know the name of the opposite of a hoarder but I think that what I am as I constantly take stuff to Goodwill.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Reading replies here has reminded me I have a gadget problem as well LOL.
Can anyone say yonanas? Great idea and intentions on my part but as my dh predicted used a few times and then into storage lol. I have to find it and start using it again because it really does make yummy and healthy desserts. Oh and I need to get a juicer because I understand that can be very healthy and is much easier for your body to digest certain veggies that way. Any recommendations? But shhh don't tell my dh. :cheeky:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All the time. I don't use or wear 75% of what I own.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1400061168|3672434 said:
Reading replies here has reminded me I have a gadget problem as well LOL.
Can anyone say yonanas? Great idea and intentions on my part but as my dh predicted used a few times and then into storage lol. I have to find it and start using it again because it really does make yummy and healthy desserts. Oh and I need to get a juicer because I understand that can be very healthy and is much easier for your body to digest certain veggies that way. Any recommendations? But shhh don't tell my dh. :cheeky:

OK, that's one sweet little machine that I use quite a lot. So much so that my central blade thingamabob got worn out. The good people at Dole voluntarily sent me two new innerds because I post such nice things on their page. I'm allergic to dairy, so having a sweet frozen dessert for me is heaven (after not having ice cream or frozen yogurt for the last 30 yrs.)

Use it (it's pretty darned great) or sell it on eBay. It's an easy sell.

img_4597.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

charleston1|1400028321|3672172 said:
I am a lot better than I used to be about buying stuff that I rarely or never use.

I don't know the name of the opposite of a hoarder but I think that what I am as I constantly take stuff to Goodwill.

I am like this too. I hate clutter! If I don't use it, it's gone! I use to be more of an impulse purchaser but as I've gotten older I now think long and hard before I spend. When I started teaching my kids about money and delayed gratification of saving for items (not using credit for consumer stuff) it made me want to set a good example for them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results