shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Wedding Bands/Ring Wearers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I
emlove.gif
Eternity bands, always have wanted one. Here is my question, I''m Italian, I talk with my hands A LOT and am constantly slamming my hand down on a desk or something when I talk (even if it''s on accident) Don''t ask! What happens to those poor diamonds when someone like me has a ring like that? It has always stopped me from looking at them because I fear that they will just get destroyed in everyday life. I notice all my other rings get scratched and just look worn on the bottom so I am concerned as to how the diamonds would hold up.
33.gif

Thanks!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s a good question. I''m interested to know also.
4.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm. . .I''m not sure but most of us bang our hands around a bit on things and our diamonds have survived. Maybe just buy a beautiful ring, get it insured and enjoy it. If you have a problem with one or more of the diamonds, just replace them.

One thought would be to purchase a small band, like less than 1 CTW and see how well it holds up. You didn''t mention how big you would like the diamonds to be, but if you''re thinking HUGE diamonds (lol) then this may be a bigger concern than smaller diamonds. Just think how much money gets wasted on clothes that become outdated and/or stained and then subsequently get tossed, so replacing a few stones here and there is just part of owning any nice item you buy during your lifetime.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it also depends on the type of setting you have. For example I have eternity rings but my stones are small (.03 in one ring and .02 in another), and they are 4 prong set, meaning each small stone has 4 prongs holding it. The prongs come up a very tiny amount over the stones, so even if I slam my hand on a desk (which I do sometimes), it hits the metal and not the stones. However, the metallic sound it makes freaks me out so I try not to do it very often!
9.gif

As with any ring, you should have yours checked every 6 months for prong tightening and that is a good time to get all your small stones checked too.

My bottom line was I wanted a ring that I loved to look at on a daily basis, durability was not a huge factor, it just lucked out that this tiny bit of metal protects the diamonds..but hovering over them just slightly. I'm also very hard on my hands, my large stone has loosened twice in the last year, so my rings definitely get a good bit of wear.

I will say also that because I have eternity rings, my rings have very little 'visible' metal, the prongs are really all you see and they are extremely tiny, so I don't have any of that scratched platinum look you would get on the bottom of a ring that only has halfway diamonds down the shank...because there isn't metal to scratch up from everyday wear. The diamonds can take everyday wear.... they are diamonds and as long as I am not banging them against a desk or window daily, they are fine.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talking with your hands with a diamond band on sounds like waving a small diamond flag !
9.gif
Can't be that bad
2.gif

'Guess most types would suffer abuse in silence if decently done. I would probably not get a paved band, or bar-set rounds but, really, it must be more a matter of having the band done right than anything.

What kind do you have in mind ?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Val is right--on the plus side, people notice the eternity style much more. I am a hand talker too, and many have said to me "oh, do those diamonds go all away around???''
9.gif
2.gif

Honestly, I have two eternity bands (10 and 20 pointers in shared prong, platinum) and while I don''t live in a bubble, I am a little more careful about gripping things, etc. because of the eternity band... But I don''t mind. I really love the eternity style so it''s no sacrifice for me.
1.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. Those are all good points. To be honest, I''m not sure of the type yet. I just know I LOVE THEM! I just think they are gorgeous!! I would love to see some eternity bands if people could post some that would be great!
Valeria- U say no pave huh? I have really started to become interested in pave. Not good on the wear and tear aspect? I''m going to have to go do some shopping and try on and see what I like and feel comfortable with. There are just so man beautiful rings!! So hard to choose!

Thanks all!

emrainbow.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2005 10:39:54 AM
Author: Angel7
Thanks. Those are all good points. To be honest, I''m not sure of the type yet. I just know I LOVE THEM! I just think they are gorgeous!! I would love to see some eternity bands if people could post some that would be great!
Valeria- U say no pave huh? I have really started to become interested in pave. Not good on the wear and tear aspect? I''m going to have to go do some shopping and try on and see what I like and feel comfortable with. There are just so man beautiful rings!! So hard to choose!

Thanks all!

emrainbow.gif
You asked for it, YOU got IT!
9.gif

Here''s Jennifer''s 3.12 F SI1

Princess

5princesshand1.jpg
all7stackedpscope%20pic.jpg

and here are some more of her bands
30.gif
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Mrs. Noobie''s 1.09 tcw
eternity from Signed Pieces.

DSC00163.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Libster''s 1.40 tcw (also from signed pieces)
next to her stunning three stone

lbr14.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here are some of Didiamond''s eternity rings:

5.64 ctw emerald cut
Asscherband.jpg

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Okay ladies, I am going to try and enlist your brain and reasarch power here to help me find a pic that will show my new eternity band so that I don''t have to live with out it for the 10 weeks until it is ready.

I just ordered from our jeweler last week it''s a ~ 1.07 carat eternity band, but it''s set like nothing I''ve ever seen before which is why I fell in love with it. The jewler called it a "Y" prong. The major difference between it an most other eternity bands I have seen is that while it''s shared prong, the majority of the stone is not covered by the mounting on the side.

I''ve included a pic below, marking up how it looks compared to the Signed Pieces band I nearly purchased until I saw this one. So, anyone seen anything like this? Have pics to share? I''d love any help I can get finding its likeness.

newringy.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s more from Didiamond:

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Didiamond''s 2.27 each

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2005 11:29:31 AM
Author: lindsal
Okay ladies, I am going to try and enlist your brain and reasarch power here to help me find a pic that will show my new eternity band so that I don't have to live with out it for the 10 weeks until it is ready.

I just ordered from our jeweler last week it's a ~ 1.07 carat eternity band, but it's set like nothing I've ever seen before which is why I fell in love with it. The jewler called it a 'Y' prong. The major difference between it an most other eternity bands I have seen is that while it's shared prong, the majority of the stone is not covered by the mounting on the side.

I've included a pic below, marking up how it looks compared to the Signed Pieces band I nearly purchased until I saw this one. So, anyone seen anything like this? Have pics to share? I'd love any help I can get finding its likeness.
From Dimend Scaasi - right? My gal and I saw one of these Y prong rings last week. We really liked it - he only offers it to his local customers, so it is not on his web site. Isaac is a classy guy with excellent stuff. However, I think his prices are a bit high.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Almagh''s 1.1 ctw eternity bands:

set2.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
They''re all so beautiful. Thank You!!! Love them all

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Bertrand... yeah, that''s where we saw it, and yes he is GREAT to work with... I JUST LOVE THAT BAND... and before the price jump it was (almost) in the budget so we snapped it up. Dying to find something similar to show the girls here at work.

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Strech, that''s closer then anything else I''ve seen. Thanks for posting it!!!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This is the "new" Raphael Setting from signed Pieces

8740.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Woops- that''s the same picture - Sorry

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t want to hijack this thread, but there seems to be alot of PS with eternity bands reading this thread. Anyway, I have a question:

Would the new eternity band setting from Signed Pieces "Raphael" be a bad choice to wear up against another band? Would the diamonds that are exposed scratch the metal in my band?

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
I would email/call/visit SignedPieces and ask them. They would know best, especially since this is a new type of eternity band from them.

I am told by them that the regular eternity rings will not harm MY ring, but I suppose this may differ due to different e-ring designs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results