shape
carat
color
clarity

Estate Jewelry Rings..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been meaning to do this for a while...one of the stores I love around here is in Carmel and it's called Fourtane Estate Jewelers. They have amazing beautiful reproductions and also some real vintage pieces. Their buyers travel all around buying vintage pieces and they also do their own reproductions of some classic styles but using authentic old stones such as OMC and OEC. They carry colored stones, diamonds, watches, beautiful necklaces, you name it!

Anyway, WAYY back when, before we were talking about engagement, we visited the store on a trip to Carmel. I fell in love then and about 3 months before we started talking about engagement seriously, we visited again on another trip and I picked up this placard brochure. To this day I still have that brochure, it was over 2 years ago. The rings featured on it were beautiful..and I was absolutely IN LOVE with one of them. This is what I wanted my ring to look like. Of course at the time, it seemed so out of reach, it was a 2c featured in platinum on a skinny bead-set band, a reproduction of an older setting in a beautiful filigreed head. Simple but the stone looked magnificent.

There was another one, a 1.5c featured on a similar style band, looked to be old Euro cut (culet visible) on a same width band, with more of an Edwardian looking crown style basket head. This one I tried on in the store. The other one they never had when we visited.

Anyway, here is some eye candy from the brochure, the pix aren't that great since I took pictures with my digital camera OF the brochure. But the first design, this one attached is still my absolute favorite. I love it more than my own ring! Sacrilege!
1.gif
Even the cut on the diamond looks beautiful for being an older stone.

So this first one is the 2c on the beautiful thin (about 1.5mm) bead-set band that tapers at the top with a stunning basket head. There are 2 tiny surprise stones on each side of the head as well. I love how you can't even see the prongs on this thing! It's all diamond!
1.gif

Oh and if anyone wants Fourtane's info...Ocean Avenue @ Lincoln Street, Carmel, CA: 831.624.4684: [email protected]: www.fourtane.com I highly recommend a visit for some trying on sessions!
1.gif
They are very friendly and I can spend many long minutes there before Greg drags me away.
9.gif

fortuane2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the 1.5c stone with the more formal looking higher set head. There are diamonds set into the filigree of the head all the way around. I tried this one on...it was beautiful but I still thought I would like the 2c setting (and stone..hhaaaa!) better. This stone has a dark center, culet maybe? OEC?

fortuane1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and these two are a set which always intrigued me...in yellow gold, of bezel set eternity diamonds. The center on this one looks huge, maybe 3c? This would be alot of bling bling!! The bezel set stones look larger because of the bezels. This looks like possibly a more modern cut in a repro setting?

fortuane3.jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Mara...

I adore that first ring!!

*sigh*...

Funny, somethings just appeal more than others, I've always loved the old cuts, and in combination with that setting, which is antique, but has strangely modern ideas incorporated...

Well the effect is definitely drool-worthy!

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results