clarity

Enable me!!! ;-)

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Well,

it is nearly my favourite time of year, Christmas!! :love:

Then five days later it'll be birthday time for me, too!! :bigsmile:

However, I have absolutely NO idea what I want. :oops: Shameful huh? :o

I have had quite a lot of bling this year. I got my Victor Canera Emilya Halo reset and matching eternity for our 15th wedding anniversary, two DBTY bracelets, an antique cushion from OWD for everyday wear, a Tiffany DBTY pendant and lots of silver Tiffany too.

I was going to get a platinum stacker to wear with my 7 stone eternity, but as I pretty much wear this as a RHR I do not ***really*** need one, so not sold on that.

So what do I need/want/desire that I have momentarily forgotten about :tongue: ?

I have diamond studs and huggies, all pre PS so non upgradeable, lots of eternities/stackers with both diamonds and coloured stones.

So what would you add to the collection if you were me. My budget is from $1000 to $2000, as I have to take into account taxes if I order from the USA. Also completely open to Preloved and ebay purchases as long as it is through a reputable seller.

I could bank it, so to speak, as I may reset my cushion into a bezel, or even grow her into a larger solitaire ( ;)) ) or even a 3 stone ring. If I am being honest, I think I would rather do that myself later, with my own funds and use my Christmas/birthday funds for something different, as the cushion project will be a while in the making and I want something now. :Up_to_something:

Oh and if I do not come up with something soon, I may grow my bag collection (purses to you state side :bigsmile: ) which surely is PS blasphemy!! :rodent:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
What about a coloured stone pendant? I'm thinking a light sapphire or a tourmaline....

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Well merry christmas and happy birthday to you! :wavey:
How about a fancy coloured diamond? Some yellow studs or a pendant, or even a small 1/2 eternity?
Do you wear hair clips? Splash out on an antique diamond one.
Diamond handbag charm?
Diamond toe ring?

I love bags too, so I wouldn't talk you out of that. :D

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Uh, don't be too sure about us talking you out of a new bag.
I think the virus runs deeper than we think on PS. :naughty:

Do you wear watches?
And Happy Birthday in advance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Save it until you see something you love! I sometimes skip getting a gift for occasions like that, because invariably I come across some amazing deal that I want at another time!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Jackets for your studs?
A DBTY necklace (not pendant) to match your bracelet?

I think if you aren't really after something maybe you should save it for when you do want something?

Edit: oh but then an opportunity to buy some bling should never be passed up! :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
"ENABLE" ??? are you looking for enabling help??? I'm your man!!! ;))

I think your life would be FAR better if you were the owner of an OEC/OMC 5 stone band to wear with your new AVC... you would be the best most perfect person you could be! I'm sure you DH would agree! "Nothing but bling for my lady" 8-) or a pendant to match the AVC? I hate it when I've forgotten what I need! ;)) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or --- maybe a new designer bag wouldn't be such a bag thing... how about shoes? Manolo Blahniks? Do you like RED??? Christian Louboutin??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is to take that 2K and save it until you see something you really "must" have!! By that time your 2K might be up to 3K or more!! So you can really splurge on what your heart desires without guilt! I usually prefer one big gift (given for a few occasions) than a few smaller gifts for each occasion. The only requirement is that you must love it!!

ETA: I see I agree with DiamondSeeker...great minds... :cheeky:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone!!

I appreciate all your very helpful suggestions! :appl: A few things tempt me but my fear is my budget would not allow me the size my heart desires! :bigsmile:

I know I should wait, but I am not good at that!! :tongue:

Plus I want to wake up on Christmas morning to a lovely thing!!! I am going to search some more but I am probably pushing it now as far as ordering something and having it delivered to Oz on time, so perhaps that will calm me down. :twirl:

I suppose I could choose a little silver something from Tiffany's to tide me over until I identify something fabulous!!

I'll keep you posted. Feel free to add anything you think I need onto my Santa list!! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well then, I notice you have 2 DBTY bracelets...how bout a DBTY necklace to complete your lovely DBTY collection perhaps? :love:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Missy I LOVE this idea. HOT enabled that idea to me too!! :bigsmile:

However, I want a BIG one of those, just like yours!! :lol: I adore yours, especially the length. It is sooooooooo versatile.

Budget won't do it just now and I really should decide to either bezel or three stone my antique cushion first.

Hmmmmm..................... bezels....................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:Up_to_something: Perhaps I will give Luann an email and just ballpark it? :saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
susimoo|1354240011|3318869 said:

However, I want a BIG one of those, just like yours!! :lol: I adore yours, especially the length. It is sooooooooo versatile.

Budget won't do it just now and I really should decide to either bezel or three stone my antique cushion first.

Hmmmmm..................... bezels....................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:Up_to_something: Perhaps I will give Luann an email and just ballpark it? :saint:

Thank you susimoo! Yes, call Luann and see if she cannot do a superduper PS special for you and HOT while you're at it!!! Maybe she can give the 2 of you an extra discount if you both decide to purchase from them? :cheeky: Good luck!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
missy|1354240198|3318872 said:

Thank you susimoo! Yes, call Luann and see if she cannot do a superduper PS special for you and HOT while you're at it!!! Maybe she can give the 2 of you an extra discount if you both decide to purchase from them? :cheeky: Good luck!!

Ha ha yes I like this idea! Susie, we should talk :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1354241481|3318900 said:
missy|1354240198|3318872 said:

Ha ha yes I like this idea! Susie, we should talk :Up_to_something:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for being MIA yesterday. I was babysitting for a friend all day and then it was my husbands works do at night.

I am a wee bit tired this morning! :wink2:

I am very, very tempted but fear my budget will not stretch to the size of diamond and length I would like. HOT, have you ordered yet? :Up_to_something:

Let me know your plans? :saint:

:wavey:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I am in the same boat as you Susie. The length and size I want really isn't in the budget right now, but I am working on it. :Up_to_something: otherwise it's to plan B (which was really plan A?) :cheeky: and just spend the gift voucher on a DBTY bracelet.

Oh but I really really really want the necklace.

As you can see, I'm still undecided. :cheeky:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1354166354|3318039 said:
Save it until you see something you love! I sometimes skip getting a gift for occasions like that, because invariably I come across some amazing deal that I want at another time!

This is what I keep trying to convince my fiance of! But he says us PSers can find deals all the time.

What about an antique cocktail ring with diamonds and colored stones?

Or if you want the DBTY necklace, how about seeing if you can get a short/regular length now and if they could add to the length later when you save up again? It's not all that hard to unsolder and resolder chains, after all.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about a lovely vintage watch with diamonds, in platinum or white gold?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'd get pearls! An awesome baroque Tahitian strand or a golden South Sea tin cup or a classic handama strand. Pearlparadise.com seems to be the preferred vendor (but I'm a newbie to the pearl world so venture over to the pearl section if you happen to be interested in this route for some advice from the pros).

Also I have the 17 inch version of Missy's awesome IDJ DBTY necklace and it fits in your budget. So you could do that for now and convert/upgrade to the full length later when you wanted to!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1354419897|3320265 said:
I'd get pearls! An awesome baroque Tahitian strand or a golden South Sea tin cup or a classic handama strand. Pearlparadise.com seems to be the preferred vendor (but I'm a newbie to the pearl world so venture over to the pearl section if you happen to be interested in this route for some advice from the pros).

Also I have the 17 inch version of Missy's awesome IDJ DBTY necklace and it fits in your budget. So you could do that for now and convert/upgrade to the full length later when you wanted to!

If you want some gorgeous pearls, you can always try Catherine Cardellini. She's got a website and responds very quickly to all enquiries. She's located in Darwin and did a lovely strand for me, plus more for my bridesmaids. I was floored by how beautiful her products were. :))

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all again!! I appreciate all your suggestions. I do like the thought of a cocktail ring, distracts. Hmmmm. I will perhaps look into that. Dreamer, I am not really a watch girl. I have a few and a Gucci one with diamonds that was bought after the birth of DD.
Again, I love the look of antique watches but don't know enough to buy one.

Anyway, all this may be a foregone conclusion. I fear (first one problem coming up) that I "may" be about to get an iPad (size yet unknown :lol: ).

At the apple store yesterday my DH waxed lyrical about them (one already in the house and DD is getting one for Christmas, so not an unknown quantity) especially about the fabulous (his word not mine) purses you could get for them. I mean, if he know that, I figure it is because he has already bought one. :wink2:

So I think my budget is considerably reduced. Oh well, that will teach me not to have asked this question at least a month ago. :lol:

I will wait and see. I was less than enthusiastic as I just received my iPhone 5, so do not feel the need for one. i also have a macbook.

If it is not the case I will put my budget into my bling fund for a rainy day!

Thank you again!!! :kiss:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are just some random cocktail rings I found in like a five minute search:

http://www.rubylane.com/item/726095-JWL306/Positively-Divine-1920x92s-Platinum-Diamond
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190762853815?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330836845296?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-Vintage/Antique-Old-Mine-Cut-Navette/22713104_NvNsmc#!i=1824508360&k=fFw4WRS

Ebay is just full of them though and some of them, especially at lower total carat weights (still blingy since they have a lot of melee) but still with beautiful filigree and milgraining, are under $1000, so you may come across one you like that still fits your potential post-iPad budget.

I have gotten an iPad for a surprise present when I asked for bling as well (Valentine's Day this year). For the first six months I had it, I had no idea what to do with it and it mainly sat around, but now I really like watching tv on it and browsing the internet in a comfy chair with a pet in my lap. And taking it to business meetings so I don't have to lug my laptop all over town.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have pearls? I'd like a pair of peacock Tahitian studs myself :)

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
distracts|1354519459|3321135 said:
Here are just some random cocktail rings I found in like a five minute search:

http://www.rubylane.com/item/726095-JWL306/Positively-Divine-1920x92s-Platinum-Diamond
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190762853815?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330836845296?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-Vintage/Antique-Old-Mine-Cut-Navette/22713104_NvNsmc#!i=1824508360&k=fFw4WRS

Ebay is just full of them though and some of them, especially at lower total carat weights (still blingy since they have a lot of melee) but still with beautiful filigree and milgraining, are under $1000, so you may come across one you like that still fits your potential post-iPad budget.

I have gotten an iPad for a surprise present when I asked for bling as well (Valentine's Day this year). For the first six months I had it, I had no idea what to do with it and it mainly sat around, but now I really like watching tv on it and browsing the internet in a comfy chair with a pet in my lap. And taking it to business meetings so I don't have to lug my laptop all over town.

Distracts

You are GOOD!!!! :appl:

I have the two emeralds on my watch list. :devil:

I will let you know if I indulge! :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
GreenBling|1354530994|3321172 said:
Do you have pearls? I'd like a pair of peacock Tahitian studs myself :)

Greenbling, I have quite a few pearls both South Sea and Tahitian, otherwise that would be tempting. :naughty:

I have officially declared Christmas and Birthday postponed :shock: . My husband is rather bemused but has confirmed that no iPad has been purchased so I am banking a fair bit for my next, as yet undecided bling projected.

At almost 43, does that mean I qualify as sensible??? :-o :Up_to_something: :tongue:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
DBTY Necklace!!! I bought mine 2 years ago thinking I would wear it occassionally and it is pretty much now a staple item. I hardly ever take it off. I just love it! Is there anyway you can combo this for Xmas/birthday/valentines and up your budget so you can get the size you really want?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results