shape
carat
color
clarity

Emory students afraid of chalk!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Someone on the Emory campus wrote in chalk "vote Trump." This so upset students that group counseling is offered to console them.
Anyone else find this beyond rediculous?
True I'm not happy about the Trump candidacy, but I can still put one foot in front of the other. Good grief!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
AnnaH|1459021802|4011400 said:
Someone on the Emory campus wrote in chalk "vote Trump." This so upset students that group counseling is offered to console them.
Anyone else find this beyond rediculous?
True I'm not happy about the Trump candidacy, but I can still put one foot in front of the other. Good grief!

We have raised a generation of whining victims who can't handle any difference of opinion and whose "feeling" should always be "validated".

Altho if Trump is elected I'm gonna drag my former shrink out of retirement to handle my homicidal rage, so maybe that makes me no better than the young'uns.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
What's worse than the coming generation of hothouse flowers and special snowflakes whose delicate nerves are frayed by some chalk? The children that they will raise....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
So someone made up a totally outlandish story and it spread like wildfire. Awesome.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1459170909|4011987 said:
So someone made up a totally outlandish story and it spread like wildfire. Awesome.

It was just a scam??! What a shame. I was getting such a good laugh out of it. :devil: :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I guess there is a history of offensive graffiti targeting minorities at Emory, another one being swastikas outside the emory jewish fraternity. I don't go to school there but I guess some interpreted the chalk writing of Trump over the entire campus, including in places where they are not supposed to be chalked (including in front ot a latin center) as being different than a neutral statement endorsing a candidate.

Here is a response from one of the protestors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/03/25/emory-student-its-not-about-chalk-its-about-the-message-trump-sends-to-people-of-color/

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Couldn't access the Washington Post article because I've read my quota of free articles until next month. I'm saving my money for more diamonds!
Of course, Emory has its own spin on the story, although journalists aren't so accurate these days, either.
It's undeniable that many major universities shut down conservative views when students protest.
I think I saw the report on CNN. It showed (not faces) of two young women sobbing and clutching one another's hands. Ha! That could have been out of context. Who knows.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
AdaBeta27|1459172637|4012000 said:
ame|1459170909|4011987 said:

It was just a scam??! What a shame. I was getting such a good laugh out of it. :devil: :lol:
I don't find it at all amusing. I don't find race baiting or racist overtones funny at all. The actual story is that the students were not pleased with the excessive chalking and what the message of chalking Trump around campus insinuated. Another news outlet took the story from their school's news and added their own sensationalist spin on it, complete with made up information, such as the students needing emergency therapy. From there it grew legs. And yes, the media is going to sensationalize it with out of context images.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find it amusing in a sad way--the fact that nowadays it is believable that people would be upset and need therapy over Trump being chalked on a sidewalk. I totally fell for it, hook line and sinker. There could be a story about people being offended by the use of Walk or Don't Walk at sidewalks b/c not everyone can read, or some people are color blind and it is offensive to have the words be either green or red, and 'd believe that too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results