• ALFREDO

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • MARINARA

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH & I are at loggerheads. Which sauce BEST goes with Proscuitto/Mushroom Tortellini .... WHITE (Alfredo) or RED (Marinara)???? HELP THX BAI!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer mushrooms with white sauce.
Either way, I'm drooling over here!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you're cooking, then it should be whatever you like best. If you're not cooking, then it should still be whatever you like best. :saint:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1295915999|2832016 said:
I prefer mushrooms with white sauce.
Either way, I'm drooling over here!
Thanks Haven! Its a dead heat. Maybe its not as obvious as I was SURE it was. :tongue: (I won't give away my pref for fear of swaying folks.)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think new shoes for you best complement whatever sauce he prefers...

I voted "red" but I'm a huge mushroom fan who doesn't eat meat. So feel free to throw out my vote!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I'm curious to see whose side I chose!
My husband would have voted marinara, by the way. We never agree on sauces or dressings.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
At first I thought you were at a gourmet grocery store or a restaurant called "Loggerheads," and then I realized that I'm just an idiot.

I chose marinara, because I'm intolerant of creamy pasta sauces (not lactose intolerant, just socially intolerant). But a quick search of the interwebs seems to suggest that most people prefer cream sauces or butter with prosciutto/mushroom pasta.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! This is a squeaker. And I'm getting HUNGRY. I keep asking if we should at least start the WATER BOILING. Gah!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emergency?
I just called 911.
They said:
High BMI? . . . Marinara
Low BMI? . . . Alfredo

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I normally prefer Marinara, but in this case, I think the white sounds like it would go better with the dish....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1295917000|2832037 said:
Emergency?
I just called 911.
They said:
High BMI? . . . Marinara
Low BMI? . . . Alfredo
My BMI requires nothing but salad for at least the next 8 months. But this isn't about me! Its about JUSTICE! What's the *rightest* sauce/pasta combination in Hooville??? Refresh, refresh, refresh ("grumble, grumble" says stomach).

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
The suspense is killing me! I cannot move on with my evening until I know which you choose!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fred's lookin to beat Mary...

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You make me smile on a pretty regular basis. Thanks deco.

BTW, in the winter, I prefer cream sauces.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think the flavor of the proscuitto would be lost in the marinera, but add to the alfredo.

If you're cooking, then whatever you prefer!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish these were the kind of emergencies I had. :cheeky: I vote white.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Red! Red! Red! (Who's chanting with me?)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Red=Cali Cab Sav.
White=Champagne.

Sorry, WOT as the question? :lickout:

cheers--Sharon

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GO ALFREDO! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
***drumroll please***

ALFREDO it was! Thanks to all that voted in my silly little "prove DH wrong" experiment. :rodent: Unfortunately I have to admit that there was a complicating factor. Turns out it was Proscuitto and CHICKEN tortellini. My bad. (And, I suppose, my wishful thinking -- darn you elusive Mushrooms.) Not sure if that would have affected anyone's votes.

Ironically, even though I thought that Alfredo was the CLEAR CHOICE from the get go, it was too creamy for me. I only ate a few of the bad boys. Now MUSHROOM tortellini would be all up & in me & my BMI right now. Oh well.

THANKS AGAIN FOR HUMORING ME FRIENDS!!!!!!!!! KISSESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I was too late to make the emergency poll, but I really should give you my number when it comes to pasta emergencies, we are a BIG pasta family, and have different sauces daily.

In the future, other sauces I submit for consideration:

Vodka Sauce
Sundried tomato Pesto
Basil Pesto
Campbells cream of mushroom (makes a great past sauce)
Marsala Cream sauce

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh--I would LOVE a pasta thread, if you're interested in sharing your recipes, Jaysonsmom.

We're having my FAVORITE pasta for dinner tonight--farfalle tossed with oil, seasoned, and then topped with artichokes (heated with some garlic and seasoned) and two poached eggs. (Over medium for DH.) And then I drizzle with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.

dballing

Rough_Rock
jaysonsmom|1295920946|2832116 said:

As Deco's other-half, I'll just say : you don't have to convince ME of the pasta-sauce value of a can of cream of mushroom soup, because I'll throw together a pot of cellentani, a can of crm/mush, and a package of tuna, and call it a lunch, but Deco is not so much a fan of that. Sad for her, more for me. :razz:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was a riot. Love it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decosbeau|1295921723|2832129 said:
jaysonsmom|1295920946|2832116 said:

As Deco's other-half, I'll just say : you don't have to convince ME of the pasta-sauce value of a can of cream of mushroom soup, because I'll throw together a pot of cellentani, a can of crm/mush, and a package of tuna, and call it a lunch, but Deco is not so much a fan of that. Sad for her, more for me. :razz:

Bahahaha! MAN FOOD.

Haven, I'm with you: PASTA THREAD! PASTA THREAD!

I made ricotta/spinach stuffed tortellini (ok, they were from a bag) with spinach/artichoke tossed with lemon and sea salt tonight. I made RED sauce using tomato sauce, onions, garlic, and seasonings, and broiled French bread with butter/garlic powder/shredded asiago. It was pretty delish.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BMI's are not applicable in the winter. That's what big knit sweaters are for.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alfredo goes so much better, glad it was the winner. Now I am hungry again.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel entirely wrapped in a big, warm fuzzy sweater of CARBS and LURVE. What would I do w/out y'all?! (Don't wanna find out!)

ETA: And, geez Haven & Monarch -- your dinners sound way better than ours! I'm going to have to hit you guys and/or Jaysonsmom up ahead of time in the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results