shape
carat
color
clarity

ELVIS LIVES on IDOL, 5/9/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,
What I said was not directed at you or anyone specifically...it was just an opinion...stated. Of course I know this thread is intended for people to vent, to snark or say whatever...I was stating that I would love for the winner to win based on his or her own merit--not sympathy votes or votes given because he or she needs them to pursue their career.

Goodness...my comments were MINE and I simply shared them. I have that right, just like you and I would appreciate it if you''d not seem to think I was stating them to you. No offense, but it was a view, shared, not meant for you or anyone to take too personally to respond in the manner you did. Chill...ok?

This can be playful banter...if you want it to be. All I did was contribute...and not often do I...and I am critiqued for that? Isn''t what you responded to and the way you did it, pretty close to what you are accusing ME of?

All I am asking is to be like anyone else here and contribute when I want, how I want...that was all...no need to debate it.

So silly...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
**** ATTENTION MOURNING EAGLE-LUVRS ******

Your boy''s gonna be okay.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!
36.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 1:17:25 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 5/11/2006 12:15:27 PM
Author: Mara

a) wahhh wahhh ... someone''s always crying ''unfair''. If their guy is out.

c) Elliott doesn''t want people''s pity votes. He doesn''t want to be the ''Telathon Boy'' for whatever ailments he''s endured/is enduring. He doesn''t exploit it because he HAS CLASS and because he doesn''t need to. He wants to win on his TALENT. Trotting out the ''poor Elliott'' sob stories does him a disservice IMHO.

Now back to the previously scheduled pity party.
9.gif
I want to address the Elliott point. I''m sure he doesn''t want the pity vote. But, my opinion is that he is the least likely to succeed w/o the top two. His only professional exposure was that as a DJ on a local radio show for a bit. His only training is school Choir. To me, that''s a guy that has come up from all odds against him - he''s no pretty boy. He''s talent, humility, hard work, impish ways has made him sexy in my eyes. He DESERVES it. And, my point about his hearing loss & health troubles was BECAUSE he doesn''t trot it out & parade it around. I think it''s pretty damn amazing what he''s accomplished against all odds. That''s earned him my RESPECT.

Regarding the wah wah - I honestly did break down and cry in my car today. They played "Had a bad day" w/ Chris''s bio & tributes from the locals. I am sad & mad that he''s gone. I think it shows less about his talent and more about the demise of good old fashion ROCK. Rock doesn''t seem to have the fan base anymore. How many dopey Rap CD''s sell? Country - alive and well.

I probably was too harsh in my criticism because I''m plain mad that Chris is gone. Well, maybe I''m not sorry about drawing horns on Kat.
2.gif
11.gif

And, since it''s all about ME - I really was looking forward to seeing Chris and his band (Absent Element) perform at our Grasshopper stadium.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 4:50:52 PM
Author: fire&ice
I really was looking forward to seeing Chris and his band (Absent Element) perform at our Grasshopper stadium.

Sounds like you''re gonna have a chance to see him fronting a different band pretty soon! At least according to EXTRA and the Atlanta Jounal Constitution and multiple online sources.

p.s. - sorry to hear you were so upset today F&I. I didn''t mean to throw salt in a wound ... just stand up for my SPAZ.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 4:57:24 PM

Date: 5/11/2006 4:50:52 PM
I really was looking forward to seeing Chris and his band (Absent Element) perform at our Grasshopper stadium.

Sounds like you''re gonna have a chance to see him fronting a different band pretty soon! At least according to EXTRA and the Atlanta Jounal Constitution and multiple online sources.

p.s. - sorry to hear you were so upset today F&I. I didn''t mean to throw salt in a wound ... just stand up for my SPAZ.
Yeah, I saw that - thanks. Also, our paper has stated that he has received recording opportunities from other record labels. Curious, I wonder what he will do? I''m sure we aren''t hearing the end of him. But, I''d like to see a solo album.

I think I am so emotionally tied to this idol b/c - audtions were held here in our NC town, & how often does the final four include 1 contestant from our VA hometown - Elliott (Richmond) & a second from our NC hometown - Chris (Greensboro - well nearby McLeansville - but he works - or at least *used* to work
2.gif
in Greensboro).

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow ... it''s interviews like this that kinda confirm my suspicions about "The Bald EGO".

Chris on being voted off .. "It doesn''t make sense logically."

Chris on winning ... "I''ve been the pick to win. I''m not trying to sound overconfident. But everyone had been telling me..."

Chris on his people letting him down ... "People thought, ''''This guy is definitely going to win, I don''t need to vote for him tonight.

Chris on his Elvis night perf ... "Honestly, it was one of my weeks I was happiest with. I was like, That was good, and I''m really happy with that"

Chris on Simon''s reaction ..."I honestly feel in my heart Simon just didn''t like the second song. I don''t think it was me. It was the song."

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I am still very bitter with rage and sadness. Not sure if I can continue on watching or not, as I can guarantee that everything I write will be filled with hate and unrequited Chris love. :)

ANYWAY, I do have to share this...Is anyone familiar with the Simpsons? There is one episode where Ralph falls in love with Lisa and gives her a valentine (I choo choo choose you) and then they go the Krusty show and Lisa tell Ralph she doesn''t like him on tv...Bart tapes the show and replays the part right after she tells him and you can actually see his heart break. That totally reminded me of Chris. I even showed it to Mr.Littlelysser..who totally agreed.

Awww, my poor little Chrissy poo. I choo choo choose you!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Awwww - I saw that episode
face16.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 6:03:40 PM
Author: littlelysser
ANYWAY, I do have to share this...Is anyone familiar with the Simpsons? There is one episode where Ralph falls in love with Lisa and gives her a valentine (I choo choo choose you) and then they go the Krusty show and Lisa tell Ralph she doesn''t like him on tv...Bart tapes the show and replays the part right after she tells him and you can actually see his heart break.

Ah, one of my favorite quotes. Not to mention my other Homer favorite:

"Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life''s problems."

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 1:20:03 PM
Author: Mara

i know deco is a soul-sucking kiwi lover who is the secret president of the soulpatrol

HEE HEE ... if you guys think I'm bad? Check out this extremely dedicated Soul Patroller. I think you'll have quite a better idea what hip/casual/"cool" Chris fans were up against!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I know the bald eagle maybe it''s not everyone''s favorite....specially after some of the answers he gave in that interview!...but I still don''t care!!! I love me some Chris!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I won''t stop watching...and my votes will go to Taylor, if I do vote.

Kat has got to go. Elliot is nice, just never really got why people love him so much...but I think maybe is because from the beginning I just couldn''t listen to him without concentrating in how big his teeth are....sorry
12.gif

In all honestly...yes, Chris might be not the must humble guy...but it would be the only CD I would buy and enjoy listening to...out of all AI contestants (in this or any other season).

I guess in a way it is a popularity contest for some (I know it is for me) because even with missing two weeks of singing...I still voted blindly for Chris! (and a few votes here and there for T & E). Even if Chris messed up, that wasn''t going to change how I was voting.

Ok...someone bring me a margarita! My A/C is not working and I swear I''m about to just have a pool party in my living room.
29.gif

M~

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...I was just pondering and realized that Taylor has never been in the bottom 2/3! Forgive me if someone has already pointed that out, or if I missed it!

Is it true? Cuz if it is, I''d say it''s bad news for E & K as they''ve both been in the bottom a couple of times!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 8:53:54 PM
Author: tawn
Hmmm...I was just pondering and realized that Taylor has never been in the bottom 2/3! Forgive me if someone has already pointed that out, or if I missed it!

Is it true? Cuz if it is, I''d say it''s bad news for E & K as they''ve both been in the bottom a couple of times!

i think you are right. I was just telling that my sister.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
deanna, i agree, it IS silly, and actually i didn't care if you were directing your comments to me or not...my point was just that i really don't feel like terms like rude, arrogantly, and insulting really have a place in our FUN FILLED HAPPY SNARK FEST threads on AI. it would totally ruin it for me if someone was trying to make us be nice or PC or whatever all the time about the contestants or each other. anyway, that's just what i got from your post...if that's not what you intended, then fabulous. i'm over it, it doesn't really even matter! i said my piece and i'm done.

now onto more interesting news. SO happy to see that chris is moving on and DECO you kiwi-whore...i totally don't take chris's comments the same way you do..i don't really see that ego. so he said simon didn't like the song! big deal, he probably didn't. so he said he thought he had a great performance last nite. he's happy with it. is that REALLY egotistical? c'mon girl..back down from the eagle hate *just a tiny bit* and admit that you thought he was REALLY HOT. i know it's in there. say it.

here's a margarita, mandarine, with EXTRA ICE. hope it keeps ya cool.

F&I..i feel your pain girl. alot of the gals in my office were so bummed chris was gone. i do think that people didn't think they HAD to vote for him, i spent 70% of my time voting for Elliott, not like that really did much good anyway. seriously i do think it's wacked when you try to vote for someone for 2 hours and you can get through ONCE for someone and FIVE times for the other. and then one gets voted off. makes ya wonder what's the point almost????

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 8:53:54 PM
Author: tawn
Hmmm...I was just pondering and realized that Taylor has never been in the bottom 2/3!

Totally TRUE! And Dial Idol has had him in the top spot (or tied for top spot) EVERY WEEK. The SOUL PATROL is full of some dedicated spaz-hounds!

NO VOTE-SPLITTING. That''s where folks go wrong. Trying to manipulate WHO ELSE will be in the top whatever #. FOCUS. FOCUS. FOCUS. That''s what it takes to WIN.

I could CARE LESS who else makes it wherever. Or who "deserves" what. I like TAYLOR and want him to win. Period. Full Stop.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If Elliot and Taylor are the final 2 I think both will do fine. Both will recieve recording contracts and all the AI stuff. How successful you are after the show has a lot to do with the performers themselves. Clay was #2 but outsold ruben in record sales. Haven''t heard much about Fantasia but Diana DeGarmo (#2) has been on broadway, is getting ready for a music tour and then another Broadway show tour after that. She''s just working her tail off at like 19 years old. Other idols are doing well too. they both will have a huge platform to stand on and it will be up to them along with the AI producers to make the most of it. I love both Elliot and Taylor and would be happy with either of them winning. I''d buy both their records, but would probably only go to a Taylor concert.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I feel rather confident that it will be a Taylor/Elliott finale....at least I hope so!!! They are absolutely my two faves, hands down. Deco, I noticed that too, on dialidol....ever since there were 12 contestants, Taylor has been #1 EVERY WEEK! Wonder if he''s gonna pull it off and win?? I''ll be voting for him, that''s for sure.
9.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Who''da thunk it''d come down to Elliott?
face20.gif
Woo-Hoo!!!

I
emlove.gif
Elliott!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I think you can interpret Chris''s interview the way you want. I saw it as someone who was brutally honest. It''s a sad world when everyone has to make nice. Stepford thread. Stepford Idol.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess this is the update on what happened last nite with Chris and the band:

Update: Fuel offered him the job on Extra, although lamely, Chris wasn’t on the show, so we don’t know what his answer is. Fuel’s bass player Jeff Abercrombie said, “Chris, if you are watching, we’ve talked about this before, and if you want to entertain it again we’ll take it and go.”

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely buy a Fuel CD with Chris on it (even though I love tay-tay). I wonder if he''s going to hold out and try to do a solo thing or with the band he was with prior to AI? Gee, it must suck to have all those options, lol!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
He can''t accept anything for 90 days - until after the summer tour.

I''m sure it''s a regional thing - but - there is some kind of backlash regarding the booting of Chris. From how it was done to calling foul. Evidently, Simon was that pissed. Rumor is that he has called for a recount to bring Chris back. Don''t know how much of that is true.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 12:54:18 PM
there is some kind of backlash regarding the booting of Chris. From how it was done to calling foul.

In the interest of staying Stepford-free: BEYOND RIDICULOUS! Puh-leeze. It doesn't even make SENSE that

a) if CHRIS was so, so popular and the "pick to win"
b) IDOL would "Fix it" to BOOT HIM???
c) peeving legions of fans who are so bummed they'll probably stop WATCHING
d) and ratings will GO DOWN

WHY on EARTH? Would they? A little cheap controversy? Awfully short-sighted of a show on it's FIFTH CLEAN YEAR and re-upped the judges for three - five more.

Game shows & competitions are STRICTLY REGULATED. Why would they risk it TO P*** PEOPLE OFF and eliminate a certainly capable, future album-selling, concert touring $$-making MACHINE like CHRIS????

I heard that his MY Space page THE WEEK BEFORE had announced that his "band" had signed a record deal & included him in it. That's, uh, against the rules of the competition. Taking a dive to save face? How 'bout that for conspiracy theories?

Don't buy that EITHER. I think America voted & not enough Chris fans got off their "destined to win" high-horse to DIAL A FREAKIN PHONE. They were too busy decididing who they wanted to stand next to their BALD EGO instead of supporting their man. IMHO: Case Closed.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i do think that the chris thing was BEYOND ODD....again esp since i was trying to vote for him...and couldn't get through.

but honestly at this point i'm over it because he WILL sign with a band like fuel when the 3 months are up and he will have a better career than he ever could have if he had won AI. yes i think he was the best pick for the AI...but he's off now and he can make LEMONADE out of LEMONS! yay for lemon!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 1:05:09 PM

Date: 5/12/2006 12:54:18 PM
there is some kind of backlash regarding the booting of Chris. From how it was done to calling foul.

In the interest of staying Stepford-free: BEYOND RIDICULOUS! Puh-leeze. It doesn''t even make SENSE that

a) if CHRIS was so, so popular and the ''pick to win''
b) IDOL would ''Fix it'' to BOOT HIM???
c) peeving legions of fans who are so bummed they''ll probably stop WATCHING
d) and ratings will GO DOWN

WHY on EARTH? Would they? A little cheap controversy? Awfully short-sighted of a show on it''s FIFTH CLEAN YEAR and re-upped the judges for three - five more.

Game shows & competitions are STRICTLY REGULATED. Why would they risk it TO P*** PEOPLE OFF and eliminate a certainly capable, future album-selling, concert touring $$-making MACHINE like CHRIS????

I heard that his MY Space page THE WEEK BEFORE had announced that his ''band'' had signed a record deal & included him in it. That''s, uh, against the rules of the competition. Taking a dive to save face? How ''bout that for conspiracy theories?

Don''t buy that EITHER. I think America voted & not enough Chris fans got off their ''destined to win'' high-horse to DIAL A FREAKIN PHONE. They were too busy decididing who they wanted to stand next to their BALD EGO instead of supporting their man. IMHO: Case Closed.
I''m guilty as charged! I voted the most for Chris and Taylor, and a few for Elliot! I just wanted Kat to go and have the guys be the final three!

Now, I''m only voting for Taylor! Sorry Elliott...I love you too!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

Hey, I''m just reporting the buzz around here. In fact, one women claims to have dialed Chris''s line & Katherine was at the other end "thanking her for her vote". She had the correct number written down. While Elliott was our favorite, we still dial chris''s number - busy, busy, busy - and we were in VA.

And, I don''t buy the logic that he was the pick to win. I don''t think he is mainstream enough to sell records to a broad range of buyers. Obviously if the vote was kosher, that became evident.

Anyway, after the summer tour he is a free agent. I don''t buy that the band signed a record deal. Chris is the man - not his band. I do know that they signed on to play at a "battle of the bands" kind of deal this weekend with Chris.

The same stuff was said about Rueben/Clay. They didn''t want to have to market a gay man who was appealing to the tiny booper set. I''m not sure that these "reality TV" shows have to adhere to all the game show rules. They, the show, do not pick the outcome. But, they can funnel calls.
2.gif

In the end, I just think people are stunned.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about the rigged voting thing. We hear it every year when a true fan favorite gets the surprising boot. There is only so many phone lines/carrier/etc to get calls through. I just don''t buy the conspiracy theories. But, as I''ve said, I wish they''d change the system to something like Dancing With the Stars where you only get so many votes per phone line. they would limit the lines being tied up and more people being able to get through their 5 or 10 votes for their favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results