shape
carat
color
clarity

ELVIS LIVES on IDOL, 5/9/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 11:41:17 PM
Author: kaleigh
Ok, sway me. Now I''m at a loss cause I loved Chris. I like Taylor more than Elliott, BUT just by a hair. So tell me why I should vote for one over the other.

Awwww - I feel for ya, Kay Kay. I can give Chris "cool" & "sexy-ish". Also - he''ll be FINE. It wouldn''t serve him well to win probably. He keeps his "rep" this way & might even sell more than the winner (like Clay did). IF, and its a BIG "if", IF he learned a little humility from this experience & can tilt his head just a touch from looking down his nose at the ENTIRE world. Comforting-turned-into-further-rant OVER.

As to you TAYLOR or ELLIOTT choice -- I really do see positives to both. I also think ELLIOTT would benefit MORE from winning than Taylor. It would be the biggest upset in IDOL history!

Personally, I just prefer TAYLOR. Like Tawn, I''ve just loved him since the first glimpse at the auditions. (My Sweetie will vouch for me - I think he''s amazed my little crush done good & lasted this long.) He asked if I wanted to see the IDOLS in concert this year (tix on sale May 19/20) -- but I was kind of "meh" about it. I said "I''ll wait til Taylor goes on tour solo".
9.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sad! I love Chris...almost as much as I dislike Kat!

If Taylor goes next week...I''m not watching anymore!

If Kat wins the whole deal...I''ll boycott the show forever!

Elliott is the only neutral party for me!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG if Kat wins the whole deal, I''ll never watch again either. Yuck!!!
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww my poor little bald eagle!! he looked sooooo shocked. i honestly don''t think it was EGO...he just plain knew he was BETTER THAN KAT. and he was. america got it wrong for sure.

honestly i do believe in the conspiracy theory. why? because i could only get through last nite to vote ONCE for chris. his line was busy for 30 straight minutes. so if that is the case then ?!?!?! i mean if you can''t get to vote for the person you want to and they go, how does AI even work!

i could see dialidol''s results last nite...chris was last for the last hour or so. but again, i couldn''t get through.

just WHO is kat''s fan base? that is what i wanna know!!! it''s not teenage boys, they don''t dial fanatically like teenage girls do; it''s not teenage girls cuz they woulda been voting for chris ... ?!

and YEEEHAWWWWWWW ELLIOTT IS SAFE SAFE SAFE!!!! i was so happy to see that, even if he was with taytaypoopoo in the top two.

but now KAT *has* to go. nuff said.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Anyone who thinks Taylor is a spaz-dancer ....

This guy is the poster child for spaz dancing:

six minutes of spaz dancing (video)

It''s like a montage of the worst weddings you''ve ever been to.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 12:05:08 AM
Author: wallermama

Mrssalvo...I mentioned this elsewhere, but today I tried on the closest copy of the Daniel K split shank you love that I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I didn''t have a camera and the jeweler doesn''t have the ring on their website. It was really really really close to your lovely! I thought of you. I didn''t think to ask the price, but could it possibly it have been more?
2.gif

hehe, thanks for for thinking of me
1.gif
, I really do LOVE, LOVE that setting....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 1:32:44 AM
Author: Mara

honestly i do believe in the conspiracy theory. why? because i could only get through last nite to vote ONCE for chris. his line was busy for 30 straight minutes. so if that is the case then ?!?!?! i mean if you can''t get to vote for the person you want to and they go, how does AI even work!

I can never get through either. That''s why we should start a petition for a different voting system
36.gif

My sister. married, 27 years old, is a huge Kat fan, she likes Elliot and Taylor more but wanted kat to stay and Chris to go so she voted for the tay tay- Elloit and Kat repeatedly.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
With Kat being the lone female - she''s acquired all those ''female'' preference votes. Taylor fans typically have been pro-Taylor from the beginning. Elliot fans have witnessed the physically and likeability factors improve over the course of the competition and like the idea of voting for the dark horse underdog. Chris has been the accepted favorite with no real scares of elimination so people are saying I like Chris & _________. Assuming Chris is safe, they vote for their favorite __________.

Chris is sexy and talented and all that - but I would have never bought a Chris album because it''s not my style of music. It didn''t bother me one way or another that he was eliminated, except for the ''shock'' factor. It was truely sad to watch his final expressions. He''s been told for months he''s the sure winner. Right before Ryan made the announcement, Kat KNEW she was leaving. Chris knew she was leaving. The way Ryan just blurted it out was sublime. Impeccable timing!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
America pass the crack pipe. Do not watch any Taylor spaz dancing as it might induce an epilectic fit.
20.gif

Can''t say I''m surprised - but ridiculously disappointed.

I think Kat being the only girl left helps.

Chris being from a Greensboro satelite town, the local news interviewed him. He handled it well. Did say he was surprised. In fact, he kept thinking Ryan was going to say Chris, you going home tonight.........."on a private jet". The Idols are going home to their hometowns. All of Chris''s "appearances/plans" have been canceled.
39.gif
Make me sad as we are in NC this week. Elliott is supposed to sing at the Braves (minor league) game in Richmond this weekend. I will miss him.
39.gif

I''m sure the G''boro paper will have more. Anything interesting - I''ll let you know.

Chris is the real deal. Sorry Deco, Taylor is quite the wedding singer. He''s the poser. Chris supporters swing your vote to Elliott. He''s sweet, real - a great singer & without the win may go into obscureity. I find it telling that he never pushes the fact that he is 80% deaf in one ear & a diabetic (probably why his teeth are bad).

Kat needs to go for sure.

I''m stunned

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2006 10:30:28 AM
Author: fire&ice
America pass the crack pipe. Do not watch any Taylor spaz dancing as it might induce an epilectic fit.
20.gif

Chris being from a Greensboro satelite town, the local news interviewed him. He handled it well. Did say he was surprised. In fact, he kept thinking Ryan was going to say Chris, you going home tonight..........''on a private jet''. The Idols are going home to their hometowns. All of Chris''s ''appearances/plans'' have been canceled.
39.gif
Make me sad as we are in NC this week. Elliott is supposed to sing at the Braves (minor league) game in Richmond this weekend. I will miss him.
39.gif

I''m sure the G''boro paper will have more. Anything interesting - I''ll let you know.

Chris is the real deal. Sorry Deco, Taylor is quite the wedding singer. He''s the poser. Chris supporters swing your vote to Elliott. He''s sweet, real - a great singer & without the win may go into obscureity. I find it telling that he never pushes the fact that he is 80% deaf in one ear & a diabetic (probably why his teeth are bad).

I''m stunned
I disagree wholeheartedly, fire & ice, with that statement. Taylor Hicks has worked with James Brown, Tom Petty, Jackson Browne, and Keb Mo. If those established and great artists thought he was a poser and just a wedding singer I seriously doubt they would''ve worked with him.
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
has anyone heard anything about chris''s band pre idol? i''ve heard rumors that it was christian rock and that maybe that was the reason the votes were thrown?! don''t know if it''s true, but wanted to know if anyone else has heard it too.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard about the christian rock thing, jcrow. I also can''t remember where I heard/read it, and I don''t know if it''s true either.
33.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 10:49:20 AM
Author: monarch64

Date: 5/11/2006 10:30:28 AM
20.gif

Chris being from a Greensboro satelite town, the local news interviewed him. He handled it well. Did say he was surprised. In fact, he kept thinking Ryan was going to say Chris, you going home tonight..........''on a private jet''. The Idols are going home to their hometowns. All of Chris''s ''appearances/plans'' have been canceled.
39.gif
39.gif

I''m stunned
I disagree wholeheartedly, fire & ice, with that statement. Taylor Hicks has worked with James Brown, Tom Petty, Jackson Browne, and Keb Mo. If those established and great artists thought he was a poser and just a wedding singer I seriously doubt they would''ve worked with him.
9.gif
Worked with as in what exactly?

I can have my opinion just like Simon. Karoke with a capital K. I find him very likeable but not believable as an idol.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F&I, of course you are entitled to your opinion! I just disagreed with it, that''s all. I got my info from an affiliate of NPR.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 11:00:04 AM
F&I, of course you are entitled to your opinion! I just disagreed with it, that''s all. I got my info from an affiliate of NPR.
And, your information would be?

I''ve worked with Dave Matthews. Doesn''t make me a singer or an idol. Just makes me someone that worked with Dave Matthews.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2006 11:03:51 AM

Date: 5/11/2006 11:00:04 AM
And, your information would be?

I''ve worked with Dave Matthews. Doesn''t make me a singer or an idol. Just makes me someone that worked with Dave Matthews.
http://www.askmen.com/men/celeb_profiles_entertainment/27_taylor_hicks.html
http://www.wbhm.org/Tapestry/bands/TaylorHicks.html

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 10:56:57 AM
I find him very likeable but not believable as an idol.

Hey F&I ... you're entitled to your opinion & I totally appreciate it. I do wonder if perhaps you've heard any of Taylor's original music (widely available on the web), and if, perhaps, your opinion would change a bit after hearning his "natural sound/lyrics/etc" - rather than the Kareoke-like AI Tunes ALL contestants must sing in order to participate in the show. I don't find his original stuff very "wedding singer"-like at all - nor are they manic, dancey "entertainmnet" spectacles. They're very blusey, heartfelt, soul music that sounds very, very fresh to me today ... as does ELLIOTT's twist on classic R&B.

What didn't seem "fresh" was CHRIS screaming at me, copying well-known "re-mixes" of Rock songs & taking credit for them, and generally seeming like he had the whole thing "WON already" without trying. Thus the sleepwalking through this week.

No consiracy folks ... why on EARTH would the show WANT to eliminate CHRIS. They PROFIT from the winner's album sales .. they WANT who the PUBLIC wants to buy. TAYLOR's been #1 from day one ... ELLIOTT's gaining & good for him. He's improving and doing a great job. He's impressed me in the last few weeks (WAY more than CHRIS or KAT).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i seriously cannot stop thinking WHY is tatas still there. i find it amazing that so many of you gals like him!! yak! and we have a secret soul patrol president in our midst i am sure. kiwi lover will you please stand up?

as a chris and elliott lover, all my votes are now going to elliott. for me he's more of a success story than someone like taylor. i also really feel that people like kat and maybe even taylor if he HAS worked with some big names in music have the unfair advantage if they do already have some sort of foot in the door with music. kat had the voice training from her mom so of course she always sounds fabulous. chris was pretty small town with no real connections to music, and christian bar rock band or whatever doesn't really count. but elliott really needs the win in order to go any further. it's kind of like carrie underwood. she was a total unknown and i thought she needed the win and help more than someone like bo bice who was already a performer and knew how to work the stage and this and that, and he has gone on as the 2nd place and done alot with his own career. so if it does come down to elliott and taylor, i hope E wins and then T can go and do his spastic whatever elsewhere without the Idol contract/terms/agreement hanging over his head. I think E would benefit more from that kind of forced structured exposure from being the winner.

anyway we will see but all my votes (if i can even get through!) next week are going for elliott. kat must go and then elliott and taylor can battle it out. but kat MUST NOT win or make it to the final two. did you see her face last nite? she KNEW she should have gone and it was jacked that CHRIS went instead.

as for buying an album from chris etc, he is probably one of the only idols in the top 12 whose album i WOULD buy, because he sounds so much like the popular alternative rock stuff like from matchbox20 etc and i can see him frontlining a popular band big time within the next year. i'd buy elliott's album too of course! but anyone else? maybe not so much.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
DecoD, no I haven''t heard his own stuff. I''m computer illerate, don''t have an ipod - so I wouldn''t know where to begin to listen to his stuff. Agreed that my opinion is formed soley on his idol perf. His voice doesn''t offend me. His dancing does. As a poster noted, he looks like Elaine - something my hubby noted weeks ago.

As far as original - come on - both are derivative. What singer isn''t? I don''t think Taylor is so original in his sound. And, it bothers me a bit that he goes outside of what should be picked (i.e. the Queen song that sounded like Elvis & Something off the oldies bill board instead of doing *something* contemporary). We are all entitled to opinion regarding what we want to hear - but I forgot who said it first - but I second that Chris can sing the ABC''s to me and I''d swoon. He has a sexy voice. At noon, they replayed his interview w/ the local Fox channel. His regular speaking voice is VERY sexy TOO!
6.gif
18.gif
. I didn''t know that.

One thing I think many can agree with is that Kat should have been the one to go.

I think all of them are quite talented. It''s the first year where I think I am going to buy the Idol "summer tour" ticket here in Greensboro.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 12:15:27 PM
chris was pretty small town
HEY - I resemble that remark.
3.gif
2.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Is voting for the next AI really to help them "get into" the business cuz they have no other way? I thought it was about choosing the person who deserves to win, irregardless of their connections...or not. Elliott has progressed immensely and whether or NOT he wins AI is irrelevant, I feel. He has made tremendous strides and will go on---on his OWN merit---to some fantastic things...as will alot of the other recent casted off contestants. Taylor is absolutely fun to watch, great to listen to with what is given to him to sing and deserves to be where he is. Both of these guys are super amazing. Kat, being the only gal left, like these guys, has something to be proud of. Yes, she needs a little fine tuning in the humility department, and yes, she looked like she expected the axe to fall last night...but she is still a part of the competition.

Even if she is the next to go, Kat, like Chris and the others have made those in search of an artist like them sit up and take notice. She has a career in recording music waiting for her...like it or not. So does Chris. Would I buy some of their albums? I am not sure. I loved Bo Bice more than Carrie initially, but I have not bought and most likely will not buy either of these artists cds...at this time. I am highly selective what I choose to listen to and invest my hard earned $ onto.

I have 2 of Kelly Clarkson''s cds cuz she is the real deal and has been and will continue to be the most successful, and most desired AI winner to listen to or invest $ into.

No one has to like it or not...it is just the way it is. All of us are entitled to our individual opinions. How it is stated---rudely, arrogantly, insultingly---well, that is another thing. Besides...omg...does it really matter??? I am voting the way I want and so is all of America.

This is Taylor, Elliott and Kat''s time in the spotlight and I hope they all enjoy it for as long as it lasts. They all have solid, sound lives besides singing...this is icing on their cakes...I am excited for all of them, despite who wins the title. They ALL are winners and that is something no one here can take from them. You can choose not to vote for one of them, but in the end, it really doesn''t affect them or their incredibly bright, awesome futures...That is what I like about AI...not the petty shots at who should or shouldn''t still be there or this, that or the other...waste of time...and just plain rude...they are there and we are not.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 12:15:27 PM

i also really feel that people like kat and maybe even taylor if he HAS worked with some big names in music have the unfair advantage if they do already have some sort of foot in the door with music.... and it goes on & on

There are so many points in this post I''d like to refute, but I don''t have the energy to source all my intel ... believe me or not ... research or not, whatever:

a) wahhh wahhh ... someone''s always crying "unfair". If their guy is out.

b) MOST OF THESE CONTESTANTS have had record deals or professional experience. Your sweet, naif Carrie Underwood: farm girl had a deal at 15. Bo Bice, Mandisa, Constantine, Lisa Tucker, Paris, Ace blah, blah, blah -- there are TONS of articles online about this phenomenon. Guess what? The only rule is that they can''t have a CURRENT record deal upon the date they enter the competition. Argue all ya want about whether that should be the case or not -- but that''s the rule. It always has been. Uh, Kelly Clarkson -- also had a record deal before entering AI. So what. Should she not have won?

c) Elliott doesn''t want people''s pity votes. He doesn''t want to be the "Telathon Boy" for whatever ailments he''s endured/is enduring. He doesn''t exploit it because he HAS CLASS and because he doesn''t need to. He wants to win on his TALENT. Trotting out the "poor Elliott" sob stories does him a disservice IMHO.

Now back to the previously scheduled pity party.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
deanna, with all due respect, this is a thread to talk about the idols, in any which way anyone sees fit. part of the fun of these threads for me is that there is no morality police chiming in to go 'oh that was rude' or 'they are all winners, you shouldn't say mean things'. i think on oh ... what week is this...week 11 of this show we all know each other pretty well in these threads to not be offended or anything at what we all say to each other, it's all said in positive snarkiness. i know deco is a soul-sucking kiwi lover who is the secret president of the soulpatrol, and she knows that i puffy heart my bald eagle chris regardless of how he sings, even though we totally disagree on who's better or who deserves it or whatever. who cares what she says, who cares what i say, and NO it doesn't matter, does anything on reality TV *really matter*, but we like to all watch it, snark it, and talk about it til the cows come home, big deal.

honestly, if people don't care to contribute in the snarktown fest that happens here, then don't. but i don't think anyone is being RUDE or INSULTING to say what they think however they phrase it, can we have one thread that is not derailed by 'oh that was so mean to say'....i would hope so because that is one thing i just adore about this weekly thread. people say what they think and no one even cares or blinks an eye. well most people.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, i totally think that there is SOMETHING going on with the phone lines....regardless of if it was Chris last nite or not. How silly is it to TRY to vote for someone for 2 hours and get through 4 times? Or one time. And then they get sent home. It's like DAMN whats the point.

and no I don't think that just because someone had training previously or whatever they shouldn't WIN....but I definitely feel it's a little unfair sometimes to those people who come from absolute nothing or whatever to compete against someone like KAT who has been voice trained all her life. Oh and I just don't like her.
9.gif

And seriously Deco, you just like Tatas cuz he's a freako. You like that he is outside the box, anti-establishment, spastic kiwi-dancing etcetcetc. Admit it. Come on. Well and he can sometimes sing okay.

Who SHOULD win?? Well for what reasons. What IS AI about anyway?? Is it about who has the best vocals? Who can sell the most albums? Who has the most well-rounded voice? IMO it's different for everyone. I'd like to see someone win who NEEDS the assistance. I honestly DON'T think Elliott would go far as #3. Did you see Nikko Smith in the audience the other night? He was what, #4 last year? Has anyone heard a peep out of him since then? Big NO. Chris will do fine...not really worried about him...but any one of the 3 right now could use the extra boost, though I think Taylor could use it the LEAST. He has such a passionate fan base behind him that he'll be fine. Kat could use it as could E and out of those two, I think E is the better choice.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 12:46:31 PM
As far as original - come on - both are derivative.

Begrudging agreement. See, we can agree!
1.gif

it bothers me a bit that he goes outside of what should be picked (i.e. the Queen song that sounded like Elvis & Something off the oldies bill board instead of doing *something* contemporary).

The PRODUCERS make the rules, not the contestants. In fact, TAYLOR fans have been spazzing out (hee hee) about him getting jerked around the week of LOVE SONGS. He'd been rehearsing TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS for a week when they (the producers) all of a sudden changed their minds & decided it wasn't "love song enough". He had to learn & perform "JUST ONCE" in a day. And then got reamed by the judges.

If TAYLOR does win ... he'll be the only IDOL ever to do so despite routine smacking around by Simon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
speaking of simon, did anyone see how po''d he looked last nite when chris was voted off? greg even noticed it and he doesn''t even really watch the show (drivel as he calls it).

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 1:40:21 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 5/11/2006 12:46:31 PM
As far as original - come on - both are derivative.

Begrudging agreement. See, we can agree!
1.gif

it bothers me a bit that he goes outside of what should be picked (i.e. the Queen song that sounded like Elvis & Something off the oldies bill board instead of doing *something* contemporary).

The PRODUCERS make the rules, not the contestants. In fact, TAYLOR fans have been spazzing out (hee hee) about him getting jerked around the week of LOVE SONGS. He''d been rehearsing TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS for a week when they (the producers) all of a sudden changed their minds & decided it wasn''t ''love song enough''. He had to learn & perform ''JUST ONCE'' in a day. And then got reamed by the judges.

If TAYLOR does win ... he''ll be the only IDOL ever to do so despite routine smacking around by Simon.
I love that song and it would have been perfect for Taylor! Full of "soul" for the patrol!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 1:41:52 PM
speaking of simon, did anyone see how po'd he looked last nite when chris was voted off? greg even noticed it and he doesn't even really watch the show (drivel as he calls it).
He's just PO'ed because two of the three contestants he predicted (for the final 3) are now gone, and GOOD RIDDANCE (hehe)!

I've voted for Elliott since the beginning, and I'll continue to vote for him. I think of the final three, he deserves this chance the most.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 1:41:52 PM
speaking of simon, did anyone see how po''d he looked last nite when chris was voted off?

YES. I said that to the Sweetie & we paused the Tivo. P-O''d BIG TIME. Then I was watching some news show & they said there were rumors that Simon freaked out right after the live show was off the air - in front of the audience & everything -- screaming at the producers about something. (Maybe the TAYLOR encore???? Who knows?)

It must be pretty embarrasing for him this year to "get it so wrong". Firstly, he didn''t even want TAYLOR to make it to Hollywood. He VOTED AGAINST HIM in the original audition & didn''t soften up AT ALL until he made the Top 24. THEN he was all up in THE LITTLE MINX''s camp ... predicting CHRIS/KELLIE/TAYLOR top three. And when KELLIE hit the pavement -- he started predicting a CHRIS/TAYLOR final. Ooopsie, Simon. Methinks you just don''t get EVERYTHING about Americans. Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results