shape
carat
color
clarity

Egyptian cotton sheets

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for Egyptian cotton sheets, with a 300+ thread count for my queen size bed, in plain white. Where can I find the best price? Thread count above 300 does not matter to me. JC Penney has a set for $240:
http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/bed-bath/shop-bedding/sheets/sheets/veratex-500tc-egyptian-cotton-sateen-solid-sheet-set/prod.jump?ppId=ens6002490018&sisearchengine=182&siproduct=GooglePLA&cm_mmc=ShoppingFeed-_-GooglePLA-_-Bed%20%20Bath-_-ens6002490018&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=31-215601252-2

Are there other places that similar or better prices for Egyptian cotton?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the Costco sheets.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I only like percale weave, for the coolness, and slickness, and how they are not not in un-airconditioned homes in summer, lol. I get sheet sets at Ollie's ( a discount store chain that sells closeouts.) I don't like sateen. I want SLICK! As glass. :lol:

A discussion elsewhere, in 2012, said:
Vermont Country Store
Garnet Hill
Costco's Kirkland Signature sheets
Overstock.com
That discussion said "thread count not over 250" or the sheets are not crisp. I think I have some in the 300=320 range that are, and some I know were made in Pakistan.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TC1987|1377567992|3510321 said:
I only like percale weave, for the coolness, and slickness, and how they are not not in un-airconditioned homes in summer, lol. I get sheet sets at Ollie's ( a discount store chain that sells closeouts.) I don't like sateen. I want SLICK! As glass. :lol:

A discussion elsewhere, in 2012, said:
Vermont Country Store
Garnet Hill
Costco's Kirkland Signature sheets
Overstock.com
That discussion said "thread count not over 250" or the sheets are not crisp. I think I have some in the 300=320 range that are, and some I know were made in Pakistan.

Amen to the percales. I don't like sateen either. Give me crisp, cool, slide-y percales any day. Alas, they are not all that easy to find compared to sateens. I think everyone has been seduced by super-high-thread-count sateens and have mostly forgotten about percales. They seem more expensive when you do find them too...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
I have these sheets from Kohls in the light blue color:

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c20181/500-thread-count-deep-fitted-egyptian-cotton-sheet-set.jsp

I bought them about a year and a half ago while they were on a decent sale (which they seem to be now) and I had a 30% off coupon. I think I spent around $60 or so for the king-sized set. I've been really happy with them so far; they're nice and soft and have held up well to washing and drying. They do come out of the dryer a little more wrinkled than some other sheets I've had, but not enough to bother me. They are also very deep- almost a bit too deep for my mattress, so something to think about if your mattress isn't very thick. They are more sateen-y, but I don't find that they catch and snag at all like some can. I'd happily buy another set of the same especially for the price.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Here in the UK TK Maxx can be good for Egyptian high thread count bed linen if you can go often and sift through the less nice stuff. Have made some finds of well respected brands like Frette and Yves Delforme, and various others, very inexpensive too. So worth trying TJ Maxx if one near you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went through an "affordable" sheet stage and all I got to show for it were sheets that pilled or ones that tore after a year. Not worth it. These are the percale sheets that I buy now. http://www.cuddledown.com/product/500-thread-count-italian-percale-flat-sheet.do?sortby=newArrivals&from=Search 100% Egyptian cotton. Mercerized. And made to last.

The one other brand I will buy is Wamsutta, and I buy the high thread count satin ones of those. But they require about a year of washing before they get really nice and soft. But they do last about a decade.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I got some less expensive cotton sheets also, and they lasted a few years, compared to the really nice ones (red $$$) I inherited from my parents.

I prefer percale vs. satin also. I never even thought of looking for one over the other until you ladies mentioned it.

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results