shape
carat
color
clarity

Dyed my hair, need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally feel that changing hair color so drastically before a wedding would be a mistake. I remember thinking Brittany Spears was nuts to get married (true) when she dyed her hair dark...but oh, well, she can try again next time!

So I''d keep the natural color for the wedding for sure!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2007 10:56:57 PM
Author: marvel
I really like the color of your hair darker. I think on your wedding, the darker color will look fab with your white dress, espeacially half up half down. Also, you have great eyebrows. I wouldn''t color them, I would have them PROFESSIONALLY shaped. I stress professionally, cuz you don''t want someone to wack off your brows, but having them shaped and cleaned up will give you a really polished look.
Ditto Marvel and the pro eyebrow shaping, I think this would finish your look beautifully.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone! I was really busy this weekend and didn''t get a chance to respond to the rest of the posts.

Fire&Ice, thanks!

Ellen, that''s true. I never thought to compare it to men''s beards. FI''s beard definitely doesn''t match his hair.

rainbowtrout, I''m actually feeling a bit washed out today and am starting to see what you guys mean.

VegasAngel, maybe you should send Rebecca or Laura out to Youngstown, OH
2.gif

Miranda, I''m actually not a big fan of the highlighted look. I love natural highlights, but to me the fake kind always look kind of fake to me.

Independent Gal, I''m starting to think that I might wish I''d had my natural color in the years to come, but who really knows. I''ve changed my mind about everything else wedding related about a million times.

Gail, I''m starting to lean more towards natural for the wedding.

Thanks, Love in Bloom!

Thanks for the honesty Mara!

I was thinking of my makeup how cehra was, browns and pinks with the old hair and more purple and darker on the eyes with the dark hair. Cehra, definitely not wearing my glasses for the wedding. Contacts all the way.

Surfgirl, thanks! I like my waves/curls too. I haven''t worn it curly yet with the dark hair because this tends to make my hair look darker and I''m afraid I won''t like it. I''ll have to try it out this week.

Indie, if only one of you lived in Youngstown and could recommend someone here! So far, I''ve yet to see anyone with eyebrows that make me want to go to their stylist. Not that everyone here has bad eyebrows or soething, but I haven''t seen anything that great yet either.

Deco, I''m not near NYC. I''ll be there in the summer, but not until the end of July which would put me only a bit more than a month out from my wedding; not necessarily enough time to let them grow back if I hate them. I''ll have to check out this Brow-Zing kit. Thanks for the compliments!
9.gif

SanDiegoLady, if only I knew what I wanted! Haha.

Cara, I guess I just notice it more because I look at it every day in the mirror
1.gif

kcoursolle, I definitely don''t want to go lighter than my natural color.

Thanks doobao! How do you get your picture to change like that?

Minims, That''s my biggest fear!

Diamond Dana, I love these glasses! Mine are nine west. I love nine west
1.gif

DMBsGirl, I''m looking forward to seeing how it looks as it fades a bit.

Sophie, thanks! I''ll have to put some makeup on tonight and take some pics for you guys.

HappyAnniversary, that''s my biggest fear about getting my eyebrows done!

Thanks tanuki!

Basil, I tried that this morning, but I think I need a different blush. I still feel a bit washed out.

Rainydaze, thanks!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker, I knew you guys would give good advice. That''s why I asked
1.gif
I''d hate to look at my wedding pics and think "what was I thinking???"

Lorelai, looks like it''s time for me to schedule a brow appointment!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 10:25:17 AM
Author: robbie3982
Diamondseeker, I knew you guys would give good advice. That''s why I asked
1.gif
I''d hate to look at my wedding pics and think ''what was I thinking???''

Lorelai, looks like it''s time for me to schedule a brow appointment!
I really think that will give you a great '' finished'' look! We will need after pics too! Good luck Robbie!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love love love the darker for several reasons.

- you complextion pops with the dark hair. it compliments it wonderfully.
- the darker is a very beautiful rich color.
- i think the darker makes you look more polished.

just my opinions.
28.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lorelai! I just called and scheduled a brow appointment with my next trim. I''m really nervous, but I really like this place. Hopefully it will come out good. Keep your fingers crossed! June 5th is the big day!

Thanks, jcrow!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 11:39:27 AM
Thanks lorelai! I just called and scheduled a brow appointment with my next trim. I''m really nervous, but I really like this place. Hopefully it will come out good. Keep your fingers crossed! June 5th is the big day!

Thanks, jcrow!
* crosses fingers firmly!*

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I like the darker hair on you and I agree that it looks more sophisticated. I''m pale most of the year and have black hair though, so I may be a little bit biased.
2.gif
I think any washing out can be combatted with a little bit of makeup.

Good luck with the eyebrows!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious Robbie is this salon in your vicinity? Casal''s DE Spa & Salon

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 1:16:59 PM
Author: VegasAngel
Just curious Robbie is this salon in your vicinity? Casal''s DE Spa & Salon

Yes! That''s where I made the appointment! I LOVE that place!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Thats good the reviews I found for that salon/spa were all good.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 11:39:27 AM

Thanks, jcrow!
Oh wow! Good luck! Tell them that you only want them cleaned up! I''m afraid that if you say you want them shaped, that they''ll wack ''em off
23.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
I like the darker color AND the glasses. You look like an intellectual in that first picture.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brow cleanup rocks....you''ll never look back! Just make sure to tell them to be conservative at first - you can always take more off but once it''s gone...it''s gone for awhile!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
be sure to post some pics.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice guys! I''ll make sure to tell them to start small and just clean them up.

Thanks Julianna!

I''ll definitely post pics, Vegas.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I like the darker hair on you, Robbie! I love dark dark hair and your complexion looks great with it! You looked good before too, but you can def pull off the darker.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
*crosses fingers for a good and conservative plucker!*

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Chiming in here late, but I prefer the darker hair hands-down. To me, your natural colour seems to blend your eyes, hair, and skin all in together and makes you look more ... er, plain? Whereas the dark hair makes your facial features striking and your eye colour pop!

I think you could go a bit lighter and still get that striking look, but I think the natural shade isn''t doing you justice. And with the glasses and the darker hair you''re just dynamite! Just my 0.02
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about a compromise in the middle, taking into account the time of year and locale and tone of your gown and make up colors? I think you could certainly boost your color, no issue, and maybe tweak your brows subtly with a good brow person, versus being drastic on the color. I worry in pictures the color will read too dark, and not look like you, and the contrast will be too stark.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you''re going to be so happy with your choices :) And I just wanted to add that AFTER the wedding, I just love the look of the super dark hair with your glasses - you look great!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I love the dark...might be nice to have your natural color with a heavy low light...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
your a doll Robbie; I like you hair lighter.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie - I think you look very attractive with your hair either way.. Do you have to stay with the dark color now it is in your hair? Those colors do not wash out - they have to grow out.. So that would talk a bit of time. I guess you would have to color your hair back if you want to go lighter. Keep in mind the condition of your hair if you add "bleach" to the equation now... You might want to consider keeping the base as is and adding some warm highlights... I would have that done professionally though...
5.gif
I also like your curls

P.S. You are a good sport open to all these suggestions..
37.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Today is the big day......update when you can
35.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m excited but nervous at the same time. I''ll make sure to take before and after shots for you guys
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 2:27:54 PM
I''m excited but nervous at the same time. I''ll make sure to take before and after shots for you guys
2.gif
I love before and after pictures, they are so much fun! I''ll keep my fingers crossed it looks awesome!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
can''t wait
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results