shape
carat
color
clarity

Dyed my hair, need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Vegas, NYC, Firegoddess, Metro and Jas!

Marvel, if you go in once/month, do your brows get really messy looking towards your appointment? I think that might bother me since my eyebrows are so dark. Is your hair dark or light?

Jas, the flower girl wedding is August 4th, so less than 2 months. I''ll be sure to post pics as soon as I get home
1.gif

Firegoddess, I''m not sure what I was doing in that before picture. Haha.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Robbie, I just reviewed your lovely pics again, and WOW, I wanted to tell you, I would kill to have skin like yours! You look beautiful, hope your FI can overlook the maintenance fees and appreciate the fact that he''s with a stunner!

The first time I highlighted my previously virgin, untouched, unheated hair, my DH (when we were first living together) exclaimed, "please...keep those up, I love that you''ve done something different!" It was then I figured out that since men are such visual creatures, it would be in my best interests to mix it up a bit every now and then with hair styles, colors, getting pedicures, etc. Not only does it make a woman feel good about herself to get pampered a bit, it also enhances things at home if you know what I mean!
emembarrassed.gif
9.gif
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Robbie I think I''m last to comment but I figured I''d tell you I love the dark hair.
I think it adds a bit of mystery.
I may be biased though, because it''s the color of my hair! lol

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Monarch and luckystar!

Monarch, I think it''s makeup and the camera that are making my skin look good because I really don''t think it looks like that in real life. It has gotten much better overall, though since I started using Ponds Cold cream to remove my makeup followed by the Acne Free skincare routine.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Robbie... l''m late in responding. I have Aveda''s Peony and use it all the time. I have to say, it looks so much better on you!! Gorgeous! I love the overall look. Have you decided what you are going to do for your wedding...dark or natural?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 9:07:25 PM
Author: Peachy
Robbie... l''m late in responding. I have Aveda''s Peony and use it all the time. I have to say, it looks so much better on you!! Gorgeous! I love the overall look. Have you decided what you are going to do for your wedding...dark or natural?
Thanks! I think that I want it to be the exact color that it is right now. I just hope that it doesn''t fade too much over the next 3 months. Right now it''s lightened up a bit from when I first dyed it so it''s not quite as harsh and I love it. Who knows though, I tend to change my mind a million times about things
1.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After reading your dress fitting thread, I was wondering -- did your mother comment on your new look?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Minims, she didn''t even notice! We drove to PA Friday night and hung out with my parents for a few hours before going to sleep. When she still hadn''t noticed after about a half hour of being together today I told her. She was like, "Oh, you did?" Haha. I can''t believe she didn''t notice such a huge difference! She also didn''t notice the eyebrows
8.gif
, but when I told her about them she said they looked really nice and I convinced her to let me take my little sister (16) to get hers done.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 10:43:13 PM
Author: robbie3982

Marvel, if you go in once/month, do your brows get really messy looking towards your appointment? I think that might bother me since my eyebrows are so dark. Is your hair dark or light?
They don''t get too messy, but they definately look like they need to be cleaned up. I dark brows and hair, but they''re kind of thin and not as fab as yours. It''s probably okay to pluck a few strays, but don''t try and shape them. It''s like trying to cut your own hair.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Love the new eyebrows girl!
I have dark eyebrows too and mine grow so fast. I usually tweeze the strays for a week or two after my wax. Then I let them grow for another week or two. When I can''t stand it anymore I go for another wax. I''d say I go on average every 3 weeks. But I definitely tweeze between waxes. Otherwise I could probably get them done every week!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
robbie, the new hair and brows are fab!! it looks really good on you.

i remember getting my brows waxed the first time. I was so nervous because i was afraid it would be painful, but when the lady did it, i was like, "huh? that''s it? plucking them hurt more than waxing!" so congrats on getting them done for the first time! it''s a huge difference!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 9:55:35 PM
Author: robbie3982

Date: 6/9/2007 9:07:25 PM
Author: Peachy
Thanks! I think that I want it to be the exact color that it is right now. I just hope that it doesn''t fade too much over the next 3 months. Right now it''s lightened up a bit from when I first dyed it so it''s not quite as harsh and I love it. Who knows though, I tend to change my mind a million times about things
1.gif
Didn''t you use semi-permanent dye? Fades out after a month of shampoos or something? If so, you''ll definitely need to redo before the wedding (especially for the new growth). Given that you know you like it now, just give it that same amount of time before the wedding to do it again... LOVE IT!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Peachy, it is semi-permanent, but it''s already been over 3 weeks and according to the box it should be totally washed out after a month...Unless it''s going to fade a lot over the next week, it''s staying in a lot longer than it was supposed to, which is ok because I like it. The problem with dying it againis that I don''t think it will be completely out of my hair yet before I''d need to dye it again. I''ll have to see what it looks like a month out and make a decision then.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie, your brows look AWESOME. You just made such a face framing difference. It is funny how even a subtle tone of hair color changing and some brow shaping can light up your whole face.

I have been coloring and doing my brows and manicures and pedicures since I was about 16. I call it maintenance. My hair coloring at 16 was super minor, a couple of highlights, as I had dirty blonde hair. Now, 3 kids later and at 41, it is ashy brown and I hate it. I get a manicure once a week and a pedicure once a month, I get a trim every 4 to 6 weeks along with my color since my roots come in and look bad but I do not have grey which is great. I have a lot of very thick long hair and I cannot manage it so I get it blown out usually two to three times a week. I do my brows a couple times a month and get waxing as needed. It really hurts me on the legs and stuff so I admit I am wussy about that, but I do it anyway. I also get these awesome scalp treatments just because they feel great with my fibromyalgia neck and head pain and my hair always looks so shiny and soft afterwards. I make the time for this stuff, and sometimes a facial (which I do less because they can make me break out sometimes, but I have sensitive skin) because it makes me feel great and I think it is nice to get into the habit of pampering yourself if you can. You look great and making the time if you can is a nice thing. It is me time and I like to look my best, I used to bite my nails something awful and now I have nice nails and I just like to do things for me. I run around for everyone else and really do my all for my kids and hubby, so I carve that time out for me. Make that a priority now and it will become a nice part of your routine!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your brows look wonderful! I definitely think you should keep that up. You have great brows because they are nice and thick -- no need to fill in with pencil. You do look very glamorous. How exciting -- the wedding plans are all coming together!

A month before I got married I went around and had my make up done several places and I learned a lot. It was so much fun and added to the excitement of getting married. I have a lot of fond memories of that. Congratulations and enjoy it to the fullest!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results