shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have a job interview in an hour!

And I really want this job!

(The company rang me to say they have contracted the interviews out to a recruitment consultant and I just discovered 10 minutes ago that the person interviewing me is the sister of a very close friend - and she used to do my current job! Is that a good thing???)

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
R>
happyclappyguy.gif
happyclappyguy.gif
happyclappyguy.gif
happyclappyguy.gif
happyclappyguy.gif
happyclappyguy.gif
happyclappyguy.gif

wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif

Disco_Fever_Dance_Inferno.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK!!!!

The connection is definitely a good thing - it will help her remember you more, and it gives you lots of common points to talk about.
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
.:*.:*.:*.:*. sprinkle sprinkle!! lots of dust .:*.:*.:*.:*.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
You will be amazing! Check back and let us know how it goes, my dear!
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck with the interview :)

From personal experience, my last job with my friend''s SIL was in a similar situation. She interviewed me and in the past had done the same role within the same company and thus because of that she had a really good idea what my experience was and what I could bring to the role, so for me it was a definite advantage.

I would say it is a good thing and highly unlikely to hurt your chances, IMHO it gives you a bit of an edge.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope you get this job.Please let us know.Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh best of luck! I think that it''s good that there''s a connection between you and the inteviewer. Let us know how it goes!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Interview went really well.

It was nice to see the girl who was interviewing me, I know her quite well anyway, and as she is very involved with the Party she knows all the inside bits and problems without my having to mention them. She''s also been to loads of events that I have run. The job is for a Head of Events, but it''s also very political with loads of policy research, so it''s not really a job for someone who has just done events - you would need to work in government/politics as well.

It was also great to be able to have a frank discussion and ask all the questions I wanted.

Anyway, I''m through to the next round and she thinks I''m a very strong candidate and a great fit. She also gave me some pointers on things to mug up on before the next stage (likely to be next week).

So, all in all very positive.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it went very well Pandora. Good luck next week!!! Sending more dust your way!!!
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you had a great interview! More dust heading your way for the next round.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tons of fairy dust heading your way Pandora. Please let us know how it goes. I will be thinking of you.

Linda

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 6:35:03 AM
Author: Pandora II
Interview went really well.

It was nice to see the girl who was interviewing me, I know her quite well anyway, and as she is very involved with the Party she knows all the inside bits and problems without my having to mention them. She''s also been to loads of events that I have run. The job is for a Head of Events, but it''s also very political with loads of policy research, so it''s not really a job for someone who has just done events - you would need to work in government/politics as well.

It was also great to be able to have a frank discussion and ask all the questions I wanted.

Anyway, I''m through to the next round and she thinks I''m a very strong candidate and a great fit. She also gave me some pointers on things to mug up on before the next stage (likely to be next week).

So, all in all very positive.
Congratulations! It sounds like you''re past the first hurdle.

Good luck next week.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results