clarity

DUST PLEASE!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Checking in to see how Ilka is today?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So glad to hear that Ilka seems to be on the mend! Thrilled for both of you!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw your update & am so happy for you things are improving for your dear fur baby, I've thought about you guys this last week but never made it over to your thread--great news that hubby is on his way--wonderful news all around!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope she is continuing to improve!

Still sending Ilka lots of healthy dust. Glad your husband is heading home for some time with you and her.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I missed this thread and so sorry that this happened to you but also really overjoyed that she is getting better! :appl: Keep us posted please, sending healing dust your way.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANOTHER UPDATE: Well it feels like two steps forward, one giant step back. Hubby is home and Ilka adores him so she is getting lots of love and cuddles. Today we saw lots more tail wagging and apparently she got up and managed to wobble her way over to the food bowl (has not lost her appetite! :lol: ). :appl:

But the vet was very clear that she should be up and walking about by now, she should have more strength and bowel control by now - all of which she does not... She is still very weak and "floppy" and worse still her spine seems crooked somehow. We are worried about the realistric chances of recovery and her quality of life in the long term... :blackeye:

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. :pray:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update. I'm still going to remain hopeful that your pup can recover!!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acupuncture and Wobenzym, it worked for Finn. Maybe darling Ilka would benefit...

And even thougb her progress is not as fast as the vet hoped, she did not worsen.

The veterinary PT/Rehab practice we took Finn to had custom-made carts for dachshunds, worked really well.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad your DH is home and able to snuggle her too. Hope she is getting stronger and healthier. I'm still sending lots of healthy doggy dust and hoping for a full recovery.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANOTHER UPDATE: A miracle has happened! :saint: Ilka is up and walking (albeit very slowly and wobbly) but we are both estatic! In the last 2 days she has gone from zero to hero. :D Tail wagging like mad, she can get up on her own and walk a few metres unaided. Obviously she has lost a lot of muscle in her hind quarters over the past two weeks so she is very weak and wobbly but it's a clear sign to us that with care and time she will recover eventually. :dance: So so happy right now. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers - I'm sure it made a difference.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Such great news Hot Pozzum! I am so happy and so thrilled for all of you. Thank you for the update and continuing to keep your sweet Ilka in my thoughts. (((Hugs))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such wonderful news HotPossum!!!! :appl: I'm beyond thrilled for all of you! Thank you for the update, I've been thinking about you and your sweet doggie!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Delighted to hear this news HotPozzum - wishing your lovely dog continued healing. Sometimes it's simply time that is the great healer. We have a golden retriever who had a nerve go in his eye. The doctor told us, if it wasn't caused by a tumour somewhere else, it would heal within a couple of months. A couple of months came and went and the problem hadn't righted itself at all. I just decided not to panic but allow more time to pass for healing to happen. Sure enough eight months later the eye came good. No tumour going on there just mother nature needing to take time for healing.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank God!!! I was starting to get nervous for Ilka. So so glad!!!! Best news EVER!!!!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
So happy to hear this news!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering what happened with your sweet dog and came back to this thread to read your last update. I was very happy to read that she has been improving!!! I hope that she continues to gain strength and that she's back to her old self again =)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is sweet little Ilka doing? I hope she is okay.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LATEST UPDATE: Hey everyone, Ilka is doing really well. :wavey: Slowly improving each day. She is currently shut in my spare bathroom all day whilst I am at work which sounds horrible but it's a light, airy room and I've put every comfort I can think of in there for her. Big basket with soft blankets, her favourite toys, a radio on classical music, lots of chewing bones and thankfully she is semi-sedated so hopefully she just snoozes the day away! She must remain locked up for her own good for another 6 weeks to allow her back to properly heal. Quite miserable cold weather here now (winter has arrived!) so she is probably thankful to NOT be outside as usual. According to the vet - the key to her recovery is patience! Slow and steady wins the race. She needs to build up her back & leg muscles again with little short walk around the lawn each morning & evening but be kept mostly quiet overall. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and words. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1430968444|3873308 said:
LATEST UPDATE: Hey everyone, Ilka is doing really well. :wavey: Slowly improving each day. She is currently shut in my spare bathroom all day whilst I am at work which sounds horrible but it's a light, airy room and I've put every comfort I can think of in there for her. Big basket with soft blankets, her favourite toys, a radio on classical music, lots of chewing bones and thankfully she is semi-sedated so hopefully she just snoozes the day away! She must remain locked up for her own good for another 6 weeks to allow her back to properly heal. Quite miserable cold weather here now (winter has arrived!) so she is probably thankful to NOT be outside as usual. According to the vet - the key to her recovery is patience! Slow and steady wins the race. She needs to build up her back & leg muscles again with little short walk around the lawn each morning & evening but be kept mostly quiet overall. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and words. :love:

YAY!!! So happy sweet Ilka is continuing to improve and do well. Sending our love and buckets and buckets of PS ***DUST*** her way for continued healing. (((HUGS))) to you both.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending healing thoughts to your baby. I know the love of and loving of a dog.. Keep doing what you have been, remember docs are just as much wrong as right sometimes. sending you a huge hug.

added after I read your last update!: YAY!!! sounds great.. get some sleep and be good to yourself! you are a great furbaby Mom!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1430968444|3873308 said:

Yay!!!! I'm so happy ilka is doing well. You are a good mom! The room you made up for her sounds very comfortable. Please keep us updated on her recovery.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update!

And confinement in a lovely room is much nicer than a tiny crate (crate-ers, I get it, I know it works etc).

The tincture of time does wonders.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear that your pup is on the mend! That sounds like such a scary thing to have to watch your pet go through.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results