shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust please?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I've seen the wonder of PS dust and am very much hoping for some for my family. I just received an email from my dad saying that my mom was admitted to the hospital on Sun morning with "heart problems," and is scheduled for an angioplasty on Mon morning (I *think* he might mean an angiogram, but won't know for sure until I can actually talk to him). They are not in their hometown, so he is staying in a motel and I currently have no way pf actually speaking to either of them.

I feel so incredibly far away and so incredibly worried. Of course Dad signed off with, "Mom doesn't want you to worry, so don't fret and do well on your exams." I have my practical final exams this week, a study week, and then my final lecture material exams the week after. Like I'm going to be able to concentrate on any of that now. I feel like a big knot of tears. ;(

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Awww . . . It'll be fine, don't worry about it.

Dust to your dad and to you! :wavey: :wavey:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear that, Ginger. I'm sure your mom is in good hands, and it sounds like they'll know more after the angiogram.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Piles of dust zooming your way, Ginger! I know how worrying that is. This is a good thing, though -- they'll find out what the problem is immediately, so it can be dealt with right away. Cardiac treatment is SO advanced these days -- your mom will be in better shape than ever.

The hardest part is not being in contact, but I'm sure your father will let you know as soon as they have info. Be with her in spirit -- helps you feel nearby & be sure she'll know it on some level. Honestly, once you get a phone call, you'll be so relieved -- and it will be positive news!

Hugs with the dust. :wavey:

--- Laurie

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending your mom huge heaps of dust and positive thoughts. Big hugs to you and your entire family!

Your dad meant well, but that would be super hard to focus after!
Just try to remember that it is probably pretty minor or he would not have said that. He'll come update you as soon as he's able!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of dust to you and your mom!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust dust dust...! And lots of guardian angels protecting your family! :saint: :saint: :saint:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of dust to your mom and you. i hope you hear about the results of the procedure soon, along with good news, so you can focus on your exams.

In the meantime, remind yourself that there's nothing you can do about your mom's situation, so it would be best if you focus on studying and do well on your exams. She's probably want that for you.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tons of dust for you and your family!

My dad has heart problems too (he had a stent followed by a bypass a few years later) so I know how worried you must be. My dad actually has more energy and feels better than he had in years now that his heart issues are resolved.

I know it's hard but try and focus on what you need to do and hopefully you'll have some answers from the doctor's soon.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
dust dust dust.

I don't know if this will help but my dad had a heart attack at age 54 and was told he'd be lucky to make it another 5 years.
he will be 90 in March.......
yes, he's had a bunch of heart issues since but until the last year or so it really didn't keep him from doing what he wanted to do.

study and ace those exams!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry JG. Sending lots of dust for you and your family!!!!

(((Hugs)))

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ginger,

I'm sorry that Mom is sick. Dust, dust and more dust. She would want you to do well on your exams, so keep in focus. Cry, if you feel like it. It makes me feel better sometimes.

Annette

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorry full of dust headed your way.....achoooo! I'm sorry about your mum and hope she gets better soon.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Lots and lots of dust for you!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Internet hugs! :wavey:

Call the hospital, talk to her nurse. You'll feel better knowing what is going on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ginger, I am sending buckets and buckets of dust to your mom and big hugs to you. I know how much more difficult the situation is for you being so far away from your mom and dad and feeling helpless. Just breathe and try not to panic. She's in a hospital with skilled doctors and surgeons and everything will be just fine. No reason to think otherwise.It's good they caught whatever problem there is and now they are going to take care of it. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs))).

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It could well be a primary angioplasty ginger, if she was admitted with chest pain. As you said, we have no way of knowing just yet.

I could tell you to just get on with your exams, but to be honest, I'd react exactly as you have if it was my mum, who also lives thousands of miles away from me.

Must dust to you. I'm keeping your mother in my prayers.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Sending you dust and prayers, and remember that this stuff is routine now.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sending tons of dust JG! Hope that your Mom's procedure goes well and that her prognosis is as benign as possible.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust Ginger...and hugs! Hoping for the best for your mom!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh Ginger, sending all that I can.. Big hugs to you.... Positive thoughts ... Hang in their lady... :halo: :halo: :halo:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone. The only news I've received is that it is an angiogram, it was delayed as of 2 pm, and she is unable to write and slow to answer questions - but not in any pain.

The one thing that really concerns me is what a small hospital she is at - they're in a 'city' of 20,000. I'd feel a bit better if she were in a large facility. It's not quality of staff that concerns me, but experience. I've asked Dad to send me copies of her tests and exam notes - one of my workmates is married to the head of cardiology at one of our tertiary hospitals. Having him check over what's happening with her is all I can do to feel like I'm 'helping.'

Again, thanks for all of the dust, well wishes, and prayers. I can only hope the next update email I receive has more actual information so I can get an idea of the extent I should be worrying. It would be lovely to take it down a notch or two.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of dust for your mom :!:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots and lots of DUST Ginger!!!

I will be thinking of your mum, and you and your dad ;( I hope the next update comes in soon, and that it brings some good news!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Sending loads of dust to you, your Mum and your Dad tonight Ginger. Sleep well and remember that you will be with them in your dreams.

And the help you're giving behind the scenes is really genuinely helpful!! It must be supporting your Dad, for sure.

Stay on track with your study, not long to go now!
Use this 'challenge' to drive you on. When Mum is better, you really want to be able to tell her you did well. :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping all went well and he has a speedy recovery!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers and hugs to you and your family. :saint: :saint: Hope the procedure went well and a speedy recovery...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results