color
clarity

Duggars have 20th baby on the way!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My vagine just fell out in protest.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harumph. And my husband won't even let me get a third dog.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh good gracious.

Sha

Ideal_Rock

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen a clip of this programme in the UK very recently so I don't know their back story but does anyone know how on earth they pay for the upkeep of 19 children?

Are there any names beginning with J left?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After she had her last at 25 weeks because of severe preeclampsia? And that baby almost died? :rolleyes: Bad decision to say the least.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I guesss it is easy raising 20, when you have built in helpers where older children are raising younger ones. I guess menopause is the only thing that will end it. That or a dead or severly handicapped child.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Lottie UK|1320780349|3057115 said:
I have seen a clip of this programme in the UK very recently so I don't know their back story but does anyone know how on earth they pay for the upkeep of 19 children?

Reality shows pay her to turn her family into a circus act. Disgusting.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have a method that makes it work for them. It may not be usual for people to have families that large anymore but if they can care for them and each kid is well adjusted I'd much rather see responsible adults bringing up productive kids in society than anymore of the 13 and pregnant cases that we see on TV now a days.

My grandma comes from a family of 14 brothers and sisters. I also know another family that has 20 brothers and sisters-granted they are my grandma's age as well but it wasn't uncommon back then to have that many children.

I don't see why it's such a big deal when it's one family and one wife having this many kids. There are many other religions in this world who have many more than 20 kids (granted they usually have a few wives as well) but when one women pops out one after another and each of their kids plays an instrument, is responsible and well adjusted family people balk at it. I personally see nothing wrong with it.

She must love being a mom and must love being pregnant. Some women are like that though-although society today steers women more towards job roles instead of the sole care giver of the home. I can't tell you how many people have asked me what I want to do and when I say I want to stay at home with our kids (when we decide to have them) and get this :???: look from them like I'm not reaching my "full" potential since I have no desire to be a career driven woman. To each their own but I personally feel staying at home and raising happy, healthy and productive members of society is much more difficult than people give credit for. If you haven't noticed our youth today seems to be filled with lazy and lacking in drive (I didn't say all). I also don't want people to think that I think working vs. being a SAHM is less fulfilling because I'm not saying that at all-everyone gets their fulfillment in different ways.

I hope this pregnancy goes well with her. I do think it would be a bit strange having a sibling younger than your own son. Their oldest is married with one already here and probably another on the way so he'll have siblings the same age or younger than his kids!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1320782025|3057136 said:

I think most of their money came from their own hard work. I believe they own a business selling cars. But when the show first started
they were building a bigger house paying as they went. I haven't watched much of it though.

I just flat don't know how they have done it. Their kids have grown up without much rebellion and seem to be nice kids. My 5 have just about killed me.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
She must love being a mom

That would be fine if she raised them herself. But it seems that when they get to a certain age they are passed off to one of the siblings who are then forced to do it. That is not being a good mom, imo. Yes, families were large in the past, but it was out of survival because many did not live through childhood.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1320782662|3057144 said:
They have a method that makes it work for them. It may not be usual for people to have families that large anymore but if they can care for them and each kid is well adjusted I'd much rather see responsible adults bringing up productive kids in society than anymore of the 13 and pregnant cases that we see on TV now a days.

My grandma comes from a family of 14 brothers and sisters. I also know another family that has 20 brothers and sisters-granted they are my grandma's age as well but it wasn't uncommon back then to have that many children.

I don't see why it's such a big deal when it's one family and one wife having this many kids. There are many other religions in this world who have many more than 20 kids (granted they usually have a few wives as well) but when one women pops out one after another and each of their kids plays an instrument, is responsible and well adjusted family people balk at it. I personally see nothing wrong with it.

She must love being a mom and must love being pregnant. Some women are like that though-although society today steers women more towards job roles instead of the sole care giver of the home. I can't tell you how many people have asked me what I want to do and when I say I want to stay at home with our kids (when we decide to have them) and get this :???: look from them like I'm not reaching my "full" potential since I have no desire to be a career driven woman. To each their own but I personally feel staying at home and raising happy, healthy and productive members of society is much more difficult than people give credit for. If you haven't noticed our youth today seems to be filled with lazy and lacking in drive (I didn't say all). I also don't want people to think that I think working vs. being a SAHM is less fulfilling because I'm not saying that at all-everyone gets their fulfillment in different ways.

I hope this pregnancy goes well with her. I do think it would be a bit strange having a sibling younger than your own son. Their oldest is married with one already here and probably another on the way so he'll have siblings the same age or younger than his kids!

Vintagelover, I hope you get to stay home with your kids when you have them. I have been a SAHM for about 20 years, and I had a really hard time adjusting to it. There is no one to tell you, 'great job' at least for the most part, what you do goes un-noticed. But I can say this: I know I did the thing that was right for me, and I have no regrets about that. You will encounter a lot of people who think that you are somehow 'less than' because you opted to stay home. It is also hard to feel like you are not contributing financially, but in fact you are. But still, for me, all in all worth it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to add, that I was also a stay at home mom. I raised 3 children. And I loved it. But I do not see how they could possibly give 20 children the advantages they need in order to stay ahead in this society. And I would love to know how they did it selling cars.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I am a stay at home mum too, I love it but also experience the same downsides that you mention. I don't understand how they could give one to one time to all those children and also how is her body coping with 20 pregnancies!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1320780896|3057120 said:
After she had her last at 25 weeks because of severe preeclampsia? And that baby almost died? :rolleyes: Bad decision to say the least.

This is the part that worries me :(sad

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1320782862|3057146 said:
ruby59|1320782025|3057136 said:

I think most of their money came from their own hard work. I believe they own a business selling cars. But when the show first started
they were building a bigger house paying as they went. I haven't watched much of it though.

I just flat don't know how they have done it. Their kids have grown up without much rebellion and seem to be nice kids. My 5 have just about killed me.

Yes, I believe that's right. I believe they also have done or still own a lot of rental property. They have never had any debt. They buy used, save for big purchases, and pay as they go. They are a very sweet family.

I would not want to have 20 kids and I would not try to get pregnant again after her problems last time, but since she is, I wish the best for them.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
If one supports a woman's right to choose, than I think her choice should supported, whether we agree with her or not.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
The Duggars started buying commercial real estate a long time ago and that is basically what supports them now. They are very business savvy. Two of their sons own businesses already- one owns two used car lots and the other has a towing company. They have no debt and homeschool their children. I have no problem with people having as many kids as they can afford. The kids seem to be well adjusted and happy. Most of them say they want large families of their own.

BTW the premature birth with her last baby was totally random. Michelle had to have her gallbladder removed mid-pregnancy, which caused the preeclampsia.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1320798086|3057347 said:
If one supports a woman's right to choose, than I think her choice should supported, whether we agree with her or not.

THIS. When they were 16 and counting, I thought they were crazy and selfish. But the other side of the coin is what Amber just pointed out, that if we support being able to choose what to do with OUR bodies, we need to stand behind that whether the choice that is made is to our personal liking or not. I hope they make it through this pregnancy healthy and safe, and that this is the last one. 20 seems like a good even number to end with!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
That's their prerogative. They seem to love their kids and meet their basic needs, which is what matters. I don't anticipate that the quiverfull movement will sweep the nation, so I'm not yet concerned about the environmental impact stemming from having so. many. children.

I sort of, kind of, maybe wish that some liberal, non-religious parents would have twenty children to... counteract? ... the Duggar brood. You know, even things out? Reestablish some balance? :cheeky: I say this in jest, of course, but they're raising quite the conservative army! And some of those kiddos have political aspirations!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not a doctor but I worry about her physical health. That's a lot of pregnancies for one body to handle. Plus with her age and previous complications...I just hope everyone (her and the baby) are okay.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I completely agree with Amber St. Clare.

Wasn't there a thread a while back about how women are extremely judgmental of other women? (Or was it mothers of other mothers?)

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
If I'm not mistaken, Jim Bob (dad) holds some sort of political office? This is in addition to all of their commercial properties and the used car business which I think was passed on to the oldest.
Ultimately the kids seem happy so I'm happy for them. I think I only worry about the health of the babies as Michelle gets older...especially since theyve made it known that they will keep going until something stops them - that thing probably being a handicapped kid or worse.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1320804683|3057444 said:
I completely agree with Amber St. Clare.

Wasn't there a thread a while back about how women are extremely judgmental of other women? (Or was it mothers of other mothers?)

But she really is putting her unborn baby at risk of a lot of serious things because of her own medical conditions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results