shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, since most of you said you''d choose travel over jewellery, what is your dream vacation?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two...

1) over the water bungalow somewhere...mostly because I probably would never spend the money doing that

and

2) taking the roach (backpack) around the world for a couple of years and just be a bum again. I''m really good at being a bum.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had the pleasure of seeing the roach. Where can I find a pic?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now, anywhere! The only semi-interesting places I've ever been to are Hawaii (not that interesting, anyway) and Egypt. I've been to 38 states, though!! And Canada!
31.gif

Seriously, New Zealand. FI and I are hoping for that for our honeymoon (if budget allows). I'd like to stay somewhere very private for at least a couple of days... maybe camping out, who knows. And see the sheep of course
9.gif

I have simple travel dreams!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
My dream vacation is to stay in over-water bungalows in Tahiti.
30.gif
However, I don't think I'll ever spend the money to do that, unless I win the lottery!
2.gif
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anywhere as long as hubby is there. hehehe

For reals, I would love to go to Greece, or visit several countries in South America, or Tahiti. I think Italy is gorgeous too. . . I would love to rent a Tuscan villa and relax by the pool
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never been to Europe, I would love to take a year and see everything I could.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dream is Tahiti too. Dh almost agreed to it too until we started pricing airfare. Maybe we were looking in the wrong places, but it was $4,500+ just to fly there???

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 11:45:14 PM
Author: MC
My dream is Tahiti too. Dh almost agreed to it too until we started pricing airfare. Maybe we were looking in the wrong places, but it was $4,500+ just to fly there???

No, it is pricey. I looked at a vacation for just 7 days and it came out to $12,000. I think that is crazy expensive.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Greece, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, Cambodia, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Peru...there are a ton on my list right now! But I got a $250 airline gift certificate from my parents for my birthday, so I'm going to use it to help pay for a trip to Mexico to see Chichen Itza (and stop by Cancun for a day or two
2.gif
). But my absolute dream vacation would be a safari in South Africa. I almost got to go my senior year of high school, but health problems stopped me and I ended up going to Vienna and Budapest instead. Very cool, but not what I wanted.

By the way, is anybody else really excited for the unveiling of the new 7 wonders? Because I'm probably more excited about it than I should be.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 11:53:03 PM
Author: princesss
Greece, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, Cambodia, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Peru...there are a ton on my list right now! But I got a $250 airline gift certificate from my parents for my birthday, so I''m going to use it to help pay for a trip to Mexico to see Chichen Itza (and stop by Cancun for a day or two
2.gif
). But my absolute dream vacation would be a safari in South Africa. I almost got to go my senior year of high school, but health problems stopped me and I ended up going to Vienna and Budapest instead. Very cool, but not what I wanted.

By the way, is anybody else really excited for the unveiling of the new 7 wonders? Because I''m probably more excited about it than I should be.

When do we find out? I watched the top 10 wonders on the Travel Channel today and the the Grand Canyon was numero uno!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 10:51:02 PM
Author: musey
Right now, anywhere! The only semi-interesting places I''ve ever been to are Hawaii (not that interesting, anyway) and Egypt. I''ve been to 38 states, though!! And Canada!
31.gif

Seriously, New Zealand. FI and I are hoping for that for our honeymoon (if budget allows). I''d like to stay somewhere very private for at least a couple of days... maybe camping out, who knows. And see the sheep of course
9.gif

I have simple travel dreams!
You and me both. Btw, what''s that in your avatar?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
07.07.07! Haha, when else would we find out? It''s the perfect date. I thought it was so cool that they were letting people vote. I can''t wait to see the results!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 11:41:30 PM
Author: monarch64
I''ve never been to Europe, I would love to take a year and see everything I could.
Me too!!!!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''d love to go back to Malawi, where we were married. To show our kids.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
MC, yes, airfare is crazy expensive!! That's why we aren't visiting Tahiti anytime soon.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANYWHERE with a quiet beach, aquamarine waters, royal blue skies....and a trustworthy babysitter. I still have yet to find this mythical place!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I constantly dream of travel, even while I''m ACTUALLY traveling, but at the moment here are my special faves:

1) Bhutan. I have been DYING to see Bhutan. But even just a visa is something like $200 a day and they are few and far between.

2) Mongolia... must...taste... fermented mare''s milk. OK, actually I''d probably skip that part. But hiring nomads to bring me along, riding and sleeping in tents, etc. for a week or so would be amazing.

3) Trek to the North Pole. I''d probably have to train for 6 months or so to be in super-ultimate shape. But how COOL would that be? And if I lost a toe to frostbite, so be it. I''d still have 9 more!

4) Wildlife watching on either South Georgia Island (near Antarctica) or in the Galapagos.

5) Tunisia. Except that last time my honey was there he was caught in a riot, pelted with rocks, and almost killed. So I''m guessing he''s not keen to go back any time soon!

And frankly? I''m kind of just craving some days on the beach at the moment. So, i''ll join the Tahiti chorus.

Hey JustJulia: My parents lived in Malawi for a bit... before I was born though.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh...I want to go everywhere.

Right now, Vietnam is at the top of my list. We might go next year, but probably not until the year after. I''m also obsessed with Switzerland, so I''d like to go there as well. And anywhere in the British Isles. And a quiet beach house in the Yucatan. And Russia. And...and...and...

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
If I could only go ONE place, at this point in my life?

Either go back up to the Alaskan backwoods with FI and just fish and trek for a few months, or--

Go somewhere with the best reef diving imaginable, learn to scuba, and just dive, swim, and volunteer at some marine biology place.

There are other places on my list but I am actually likely to go in the future for work so they didn''t make it on...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I desperately want to go to Japan, especially Tokyo! I want to shop until I drop in Tokyo and then go to some smaller towns and the countryside for a little while, too. I don''t want to go to Europe for a long time...I''ve been there 4 times and I''m over it!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
definately new zealand and australia. i''d love to go hiking and kayaking through n.z. then on the way home i''d like to stop in tahiti for some r&r in an over the water hut.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2007 12:13:29 AM
Author: snlee

MC, yes, airfare is crazy expensive!! That''s why we aren''t visiting Tahiti anytime soon.
Yeah, that''s unfortunate. My husband and I travel to Canada a lot and we drive rather than fly so it kills me to think of spending so much $ just to arrive somewhere! lol

We are planning a big trip sometime within the next year, but I''m not even sure where yet, just currently setting aside money. I actually do have a lot of "dream" places, like Mexico, Italy, China, etc., but my husband has other dream locations, like mainly Amsterdam, so it''s going to be a pain getting him to go where I want to go!!! lol (and this is why we just go to Vancouver every other month, since we can drive there w/in a few hours, but yet it doesn''t cost much and we''re also still very close to our kids. . .I''m not sure about flying to Europe and being thousands of miles away from my boys! They''re still a bit young.)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2007 12:59:39 PM
Author: Clio
Sigh...I want to go everywhere.

Right now, Vietnam is at the top of my list. We might go next year, but probably not until the year after. I''m also obsessed with Switzerland, so I''d like to go there as well. And anywhere in the British Isles. And a quiet beach house in the Yucatan. And Russia. And...and...and...
What is in Vietnam? Maybe I should read up on it a bit. . .I''ve never thought of it as a travel destination.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Viet Nam? What''s in Viet Nam? Spectacular mountains. Beautiful seascapes. Wonderful beaches. Delicious cuisine. Fascinating architecture. Rich history. The most unbelievably positive vibe (the growth rate is incredible and almost everyone is under 30...so for them things are looking up up up!). Let''s see if I have any pictures to post...

I LOVED Viet Nam. I was ready to move there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results