shape
carat
color
clarity

dont buy yellow w/ white flowers flip flops at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ICK, glad we didn''t buy any.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that is CRAZY!!! i don't think she ever said that anyone told her WHAT is on the shoes to cause the chemical burns? did she have the shoes tested?

i'm definitely sticking with my havaianas now!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ewwww, I wonder what was on the flip flops. Weird and gross!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I have a moral/ethical aversion to Wal-Mart in general, (unfair labor practices to start) and here in Oregon, most neighborhoods FIGHT them & they wind up not being able to put a store in. They only go in areas that are very rural (where there are not many choices for shopping to begin with) or where there are no strong community/neighborhood associations.

I LOATHE Walmart. Won''t set foot in one.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys...it is not just flippers...or dog food...or peanut butter...or ???

China has no FDA or consumer protection agency. The bottom line is making it cheaper...with no safety guards in place. It used to be China made goods were the least expensive...and least quality...but it never was on a level to kill or injure you.

Our FDA is putting a halt to fish imported from China. Antibotics not listed as permitted in US. And of course other points. Next time you are in WALLY World...go read the label on the fish they offer. EVERY THING is from China. Tuna, Halibut, Talapia, Cod, Scallops, SHRIMP, all of it. New fresh dated packages...still coming in the stores.

Yes our food source is unsafe. But now flippers? We have been thinking we will have to start canning...and growing...but hadn't thought about building my own shoes. Suppose there will be a market for hemp.

DKS

OH, thanks Storm for the informative consumer alert. You've got our backs!! And now our tootsies!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 3:25:09 AM
Author: door knob solitaire

China has no FDA or consumer protection agency. The bottom line is making it cheaper...with no safety guards in place. It used to be China made goods were the least expensive...and least quality...but it never was on a level to kill or injure you.

Our FDA is putting a halt to fish imported from China. Antibotics not listed as permitted in US. And of course other points. Next time you are in WALLY World...go read the label on the fish they offer. EVERY THING is from China. Tuna, Halibut, Talapia, Cod, Scallops, SHRIMP, all of it. New fresh dated packages...still coming in the stores.

Yes our food source is unsafe. But now flippers? We have been thinking we will have to start canning...and growing...but hadn''t thought about building my own shoes. Suppose there will be a market for hemp.

DKS

OH, thanks Storm for the informative consumer alert. You''ve got our backs!! And now our tootsies!
There''s always been a market for hemp, it just hasn''t been for shoes.
9.gif

Sadly, this doesn''t even surprise me, Wally worlds response that is....
38.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is crazy! I try not to shop at Wal-Mart because of their unfair labor practices. They are a horrible company.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 1:50:32 AM
Author: divergrrl
I have a moral/ethical aversion to Wal-Mart in general, (unfair labor practices to start) and here in Oregon, most neighborhoods FIGHT them & they wind up not being able to put a store in. They only go in areas that are very rural (where there are not many choices for shopping to begin with) or where there are no strong community/neighborhood associations.

ditto. walmart makes me furious.
29.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 1:11:33 PM
Author: jcrow

I LOATHE Walmart. Won't set foot in one.

ditto. walmart makes me furious.
29.gif
I feel for their employees
15.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

Ditto!!! I despise Walmart! If I HAVE to go to a store like that, I go to Target. I refuse to go to Walmart!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter did her senior speech on Walmart and their unfair labor practices etc.. I refuse to shop there. I love Target!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 1:46:08 PM
Author: Kaleigh
My daughter did her senior speech on Walmart and their unfair labor practices etc.. I refuse to shop there. I love Target!!!
Me 2!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 1:40:45 PM
Author: Mara
i''m definitely sticking with my havaianas now!!!
Same. Havaianas rule!

I absolutely DO NOT shop at Walmart! Sorry to be so blunt, but I honestly do not understand, given what we all know about that corporation, why people still shop there. Are all the other discount stores as bad? I shop at Target, but I think I read that they also treat their employeed disrepectfully and give them poor wages.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 12:07:57 PM
Author: Ellen
9.gif
Yep, there is loads of hemp products on the market. You can even buy hemp sheets for your bed!
2.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the heads up Storm. I''ve emailed the link to family and friends. I''d hate for something like that to happen to anyone. I really feel for the girl.

I hate WalMart too.....but David LOVES it. But, it could happen at any store.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 1:56:27 PM
Author: MC

Same. Havaianas rule!

I absolutely DO NOT shop at Walmart! Sorry to be so blunt, but I honestly do not understand, given what we all know about that corporation, why people still shop there. Are all the other discount stores as bad? I shop at Target, but I think I read that they also treat their employeed disrepectfully and give them poor wages.
Anymore, this could be said of a large percentage of work places.
20.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 3:25:09 AM

Author: door knob solitaire

Yes our food source is unsafe. But now flippers? We have been thinking we will have to start canning...and growing...but hadn''t thought about building my own shoes. Suppose there will be a market for hemp.

DKS

OH, thanks Storm for the informative consumer alert. You''ve got our backs!! And now our tootsies!
9.gif

38.gif

LOL....are you trying to tell us something?
9.gif
17.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 2:02:13 PM
20.gif
I know. It's really sad. We have a local discount store (I think a smaller chain located in a few states) and the employees there use to be really nice and talked and interacted while checking out my purchases, but I've noticed w/in the last four or so months they've ALL quit talking. There was one "chatty" gal who is gone from the store. I think they fired her for talking too much. I just get the impression that management put their feet down on creating a decent work environment. (and I DO hate when the checkers take too long, but it's just UNNERVING when the clerk doesn't even look up once while ringing up groceries!)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 2:06:50 PM
Author: oshinbreez

9.gif

38.gif

LOL....are you trying to tell us something?
9.gif
17.gif
lol.gif

ahem....

creepaway3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 2:09:09 PM
Author: MC

Date: 7/22/2007 2:02:13 PM
20.gif
I know. It''s really sad. We have a local discount store (I think a smaller chain located in a few states) and the employees there use to be really nice and talked and interacted while checking out my purchases, but I''ve noticed w/in the last four or so months they''ve ALL quit talking. There was one ''chatty'' gal who is gone from the store. I think they fired her for talking too much. I just get the impression that management put their feet down on creating a decent work environment. (and I DO hate when the checkers take too long, but it''s just UNNERVING when the clerk doesn''t even look up once while ringing up groceries!)
Please, don''t get me started.
29.gif

It''s greed, pure and simple, taking over. Who cares about a friendly work enviroment?! just work! Don''t like the crappy wages we pay? go somewhere else. Only somewhere else is most likely paying the same.

You''ve worked for us for 20 years, done an outstanding job, and received salesman of the year more than once, but, we''re cutting that nice yearly bonus down, by a lot. Whatcha gonna do? (happened to my BIL recently)

I could go on, but what''s the point?
20.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
No far of Walmart''s business practices..but...

It''s like she''s asking for white gold to be banned cause she has a nickel allergy. She kept wearing the shoes even after she noticed it was giving her a rash (10 times!). She waited a really long time to go to the doctor, and then complained that she would actually have to pay for her medical care. Notice how it starts getting better after she finally gets treatment. Then she picked off the scabs (ew!) - yeah, no wonder it will scar. The last paragraph, about how it''s not a rash because it didn''t spread, is rubbish.

Yeah, she had a really bad reaction to something in those flip flops. But jeez, sometimes bad stuff happens and no one is particularly to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results