shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your dog howl when he/she hears a siren?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Mine does. He sounds like a chyote (how the heck do you spell that?) or wolf and it''s hilarious!
9.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Yup. Just about 20 minutes ago, the tornado sirens went off in my neighbor hood. They test them evey 1st Tuesday of the month at 10AM. My dog howls every time! They go off every few minutes for about 20 minutes or so, and they just stopped. My ears are still ringing...lol.

We used to have coyotes and coydogs near our old house. At night, they sounded really eerie. Like a bunch of demented little kids laughing. Really used to creep me out. I never heard them howl, but the coyotes used to make all the dogs in the neighborhood howl when they did their barking or whatever that demented laughing sound was.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thank God this is one problem we DON''T have!
2.gif
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
no, but they bark when they hear doorbells on TV.

which doesn''t seem like a big deal -- except that we DONT HAVE, and have NEVER HAD, a doorbell at our house! lol

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2005 12:43:53 PM
Author: reena

which doesn''t seem like a big deal -- except that we DONT HAVE, and have NEVER HAD, a doorbell at our house! lol

Oh, our dog does that, too! It was REALLY annoying when Frasier was still on the air. We used to watch that show, and every episode that danged door bell rang at some point, and set Daisy off. Frasier''s doorbell sounded exatly like ours. There is also some show that my kids watch that has a doorbell ringing on it all the time. I always know when they are watching it, because of the constant barking. We have a wrap-around porch on our house, and sometimes my little boy thinks it''s funny to sneak out the side door and go around and ring the doorbell to get Daisy barking. Then he runs like the devil so I won''t catch him!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
P barks with doorbells and with sirens, she''s fond of jumping up on the couch and looking out the window furiously for the ''culprit''....
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2005 12:43:53 PM
Author: reena
LMAO!!!!!
9.gif
Which reminds me, my dog has done this too.
36.gif
Or anything that sounds even remotely like a knock. LOL!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our dogs bark at the doorbell or a knock at the door, but not at sirens, go figure!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ava almost never barks, I dont like yippy dogs so I frowned when she barked as a puppy without cause. She now knows that she is allowed to bark outside but not in the house.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
My dog is of the yippy mix but he is a super watchdog and quite a singer too! I love how he points his mouth to the sky and sings! Uh, but he only sings for a siren in the background.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results