shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your DH know your sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I just have to add Deco, any man that will voluntarily battle shops to buy clothing for his girl is such a sweetie in my books.

What a sweetheart :).

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i dont know his and he doesnt know mine. he has bought be clothes before and i think he just lucked out because it is usually shirts or jammies and i am a medium. there is so much to know to know his size, waist, legnth. too much. he can buy his clothes and i will buy mine.

and by the way he told me that he has done the thing where he shows a salesperson that i am this tall and about this wide and has had them do the shopping for him. i wasnt pleased.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 8:40:19 PM
Author: musey
I had to ask hubby... he said ''hmmm, let me guess, i''m not certain about any of that...'' haha. After a little thought he knew, though, and had my jeans, bra, and shirt sizes right.

Problem is, I don''t even know what size I am--not reliably, anyway. I take a waist size up in jeans because I have large hips and a little waist, I always line up with XS or S on size charts but prefer a roomier M or even L in tops, my dress size is always measured a size larger than fits... too much variation. Sheesh!

Agreed! I wear small to large depending on the style, length, the store they come from... I have to try everything on. I know all his sizes (I buy all his clothes, my poor color blind fiance!) though.

I don''t think he knows my shoe size or ring size, but he DOES know my baseball jersey size, so score one for him!
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope... Whenever I ask ask for a clothing item I always tell him my size along with the link to their site.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
twenty eight years and he has NO idea my size. He would never buy me clothes, just jewels
31.gif

Matata: who gave you my photograph????
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
He buys gift cards. I asked him what shoe size I wore, because SURELY he''d know THAT...and he guessed a 7. And then a 6. And finally I told him that an 8 was safe, but that I''m usually a 7.5.

I''m tempted to go home and ask if he knows what my ring size is....that would be indicative of a certain somethin'' somethin'' because he doesn''t pay attention to anything unless I beat it into his head. Lol.

I''m with thing2! Go buy your own coat and then you don''t have to worry about it!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Lol I just asked My DH and he said " i dunno.... what''s MY Favorite scary movie?"--in the "scream" voice LOL,.. and then he started talking back to "the hill''s" show thats on now-- ha ha!
what a weirdo
9.gif

I''m with kcoursolle..whenever I want something clothing wise-- I tell him what it is and what size to get
37.gif
that makes it easy on everyone.

Matata---Funny Pic --tee-hee

basil

Brilliant_Rock
He has no idea...and was relieved to know that most people''s husband/fiance/boyfriends didn''t either!

If I pick something for him to buy, I always include the size.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Together for 20 years, married for 16, and I''m pretty sure he doesn''t have a clue. I think he probably does know my shoe size,since my family has, shall we say, "plus size" feet. Mine are larger than his. (A real source of pride for me - ha ha!) And apparently all three kids have inherited this trait (lucky them!).

In fact, I''m not sure he knows HIS size! Just recently he bought new jeans. He commented that he was pretty sure he had picked up the correct version of Levi''s (why does that have to be so complicated - there must be 20 combinations!). He then said, "I wear a 33 waist,right?" Um, no, for the entire 20 years I have known him, he has worn a 34. I refrained from bursting out laughing in his face, but I thought that was hysterical!

This is a great topic, the responses are amusing!

Hmm we know each other sizes. He goes mostly off of "looks" of the clothing though for me. I am so oddly shaped that I DO NOT wear the same size on top as the bottom, and often times I''ll be a size X in one store and a XX in another store, and then a -X in another! I hate it!

I HONESTLY don''t care if he knows some stupid number on a tag. It''s not like he hasn''t seen me naked, or not felt my chunky ass.. haha...!! No really, if a guy is asking your size, so close to the holidays he probably wants to get you some clothing :)

It''s just a number... who cares?? I mean, womens clothing doesn''t even come in the same numbers as mens.. they wouldn''t even know what a 4 vs a 6 really means!!
41.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just asked D what size I was and his answer was "haven''t got a clue". The only thing that he knew was my bra size
20.gif
20.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
In the almost 7 years of dating, he has never bought me a piece of clothing unless I was there with him. So I don't *think* he knows my sizes.

He does know my size in undies though. I prefer it that way.

I on the other hand know his exact sizes. I even know that he's a 10 shoe size even though he swears he's a 9.5

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I bet he knows my shoe size, and could guess for a sweater, but a dress or pants would be harder. I know all of his, but he''s an easy fit. One of my close friends is a wiz at buying clothes for his wife- pants, blouses, dresses, whatever, even abroad he can just eye-ball it an go yup, wife-sized! Amazing.

Good luck with the coat Deco, it''s a sweet sentiment (especially with a gift receipt).

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ve gotta go with everybody who answered that they didn''t know their *own* sizes - I run anywhere from a 0 to a 12, depending on how much the company in question is lying to me, and in which direction. I''ve "shared" some of my measurements with him in the past, but he hates to shop, so whether or not he remembers ...? Toss-up. I''m looking forward to asking him!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
DH has my sizes on a post-it in his wallet. The extent of his shopping has been Victorias Secret and Footlocker.

That is too funny though.

Side note: how the heck are ya Deco, feel like we haven''t "spoken" in ages.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so shocked that your partners don't know your sizes. Maybe it's just because I really hate shopping, but the boy has better taste than I do. Who do you shop with?

We did only get married three years ago, maybe he'll stop paying attention one day and not know anymore, but I just had him list them all in centimeters (not just a number or s, m, or large because those vary) and he nailed it. Well, he had my hip size at 2 cms too big, but that's close enough for me!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The important question still begs to be asked, what coats do you like?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Married a little over a year, and yupp he knows my sizes. Completely caught me off guard when I realized he knew! He pointed out that if I didn''t want him to know this stuff, maybe I should fold my own laundry ;-)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, he's not my DH just yet but my FF. He knows all of my sizes. And he really knows his stuff! Only because I've told him and he remembers. He also will ask me after I buy something "What size is that?" Because he even knows what size I wear from my favorite stores. (fit is always different) Yay FF! How cute.
4.gif

36.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Well, he asked me my pants size the other day, because I was talking about trying things on. I would HOPE that he would never buy me pants, my luck he would buy on the smaller size of my "spectrum" and I would not be able to fit in them!

I do know his sizes, he has mentioned them and also I looked at some of his tags so that I knew what to get for Christmas
27.gif

but I am with Thing2-problem solved if you go buy a coat!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like someone is getting a coat, Deco! What a sweetie your guy is!

My hubby knows ALL of my sizes. All clothing sizes, shoe size, ring size, wrist size, bra size, etc. - heck, he even knows my waist size! He shops with/for me all the time.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH knows my sizes in the stores I love most, and it''s because he''s the one running back to swap out items for me while I''m in the dressing room.

The sad thing is that we have almost the same size waist, and we wear the exact same size shoe except he wears wide and I wear narrow.

I was just joking around with him the other day because he wore a 29-inch waist when we met and now he''s up to a 30. I asked him if he was going to pull a Jerry Seinfeld and change the numbers on me. He said no, he was just going to stop eating so much pizza. :)

We''ve been together for over four years, married since July.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband knows my clothing size, but guessing my shoe size? He''s way off! I told him not to buy me sneakers or boots for Christmas anymore because the one year he bought me really cute boots and I tried to exchange them after Christmas, of course they were out of my size and I felt bad and he felt bad.

I''m with the other ladies. My husband doesn''t know his own size. He thought he still wore a size 34 waist in jeans and slacks.
He hasn''t worn a 34 in YEARS. I''ve been buying him 36s for more than ten years. Men are a stitch sometimes.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I asked BF, and he guessed a size smaller in everything. Nice, but now I know not to hint that I want any clothes.

However, just after I asked him, his dad called about clothes, and BF says, "Honey, what size shirt do I wear?" So I told him. Then it was, "What about pants?" So I told him.

Apparently he just doesn't know sizes, mine or his own!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Mr.2Artists knows all my sizes and can pick out anything under the sun for me. To begin with we have the same visual taste and are drawn to the same things. He has got a great eye and with all the talented pro seamstresses in his family he is great with sizes and clothing. He can also buy things with no embarrassment. I always feel sympathetic when I see a scared bewildered type of fellow walking around the underwear section/boutique with a red face trying to buy something for his sweetie.

Mr.2Artists always reminds me "who cares what the size is it is just a number and sizes are not always consistent from store to store".

And he will sometimes bring a tape measure like he is measuring lumber or something-soooo cute.

Mrs.2Artists

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
This thread has me cracking up
1.gif

I just messaged FI on gchat and he did get my pants/dress size right, but only at Banana Republic because I seem to wear a size smaller there than everywhere else (maybe that''s why I shop there so much?
33.gif
27.gif
) I usually wear small tops there, yet I''m almost 5''10" and large chested ... what the heck do women get if they''re actually small?? My coworker is tiny and she said even the smalls there are way too big for her. Weird.

I asked about my bra and shoe size and he said "I don''t freaking know!" Lol
20.gif

As for his sizes, I know his shoe size (13, but I think he buys them with a little extra room) and that he wears large shirts. For some reason I''m terrible at remembering numbers, so I have no idea what his pants size is and I don''t think he even remembers his shirt size (although I remember the sales guy measured him once and he had such a skinny neck that we spent 30 min going through shirts just to find a few that actually came in his size)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 1:53:00 PM
Author: Addy
I''m so shocked that your partners don''t know your sizes. Maybe it''s just because I really hate shopping, but the boy has better taste than I do. Who do you shop with?

I normally go clothes shopping by myself as I can''t stand people dilly-dallying when they''re shopping. D has good taste but he never buys clothes for me when I''m not there. I just asked him my shoe size and he knew that one so that''s the one that counts to me
9.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
SO knows all my sizes. I only know his shoe and underwear (Bonds so only between S,M, L) size. I think this is because he has bought me lingerie before and my basic size is the same as my underwear size (14 Aus for everything, with some variations depending on store etc). However, I have only ever bought him underwear and I cannot for the life of me remember his pant size!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Nate doesn''t even know his own size . . .

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
He knows most of them. Definitely shoe size and whether I''m a small, medium, or large. He could guess my number size, probably, as he almost always goes shopping with me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results