shape
carat
color
clarity

Do your wedding bands match?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
People think it''s strange that I have platinum rings, and hubby has a two-tone, mostly yellow gold wedding band. So I was wondering if others out there have non-matching bands. Either way... I always LOVE pictures
2.gif
2.gif
(wink wink)

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Here is hubby''s

He likes it. I would have picked something different for him. But I got to pick mine, so when he wanted a "fancy one" to pick out I couldn''t complain...

1620348-s7.jpg

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
mine... hmmm... don''t have a pic of just the band but you get the idea... (don''t match LOL)

sidebyside1241.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours don''t match - mine are thin shanks and platinum, his is wg and thick. He''d look pretty silly with a 1.8 mm band!!! LOL.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Ours don''t match. I have a 5 stones bar set w-band and he has a 4mm w-band with 6 small diamonds over the band. They are both white gold though. My mom was asking me why we got mismatched w-band when we got married. hehe.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 8:46:39 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Ours don''t match. I have a 5 stones bar set w-band and he has a 4mm w-band with 6 small diamonds over the band. They are both white gold though. My mom was asking me why we got mismatched w-band when we got married. hehe.
You think you got questions??? We got TONS and our metals don''t match! I would think yours would be close...

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 8:43:23 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Ours don''t match - mine are thin shanks and platinum, his is wg and thick. He''d look pretty silly with a 1.8 mm band!!! LOL.
I agree a man with a 1.8mm band would look funny! WG and Platinum are fairly close though color wise no?

Thanks for the replys keep them coming
1.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Ours match now, but I''m getting a new one soon, and then they won''t match. It''s really not a big deal anymore, but when we got married we both wanted matching bands. Now though, I just want something that is more comfortable to wear.

*M*

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 9:21:11 PM
Author: poptart
Ours match now, but I''m getting a new one soon, and then they won''t match. It''s really not a big deal anymore, but when we got married we both wanted matching bands. Now though, I just want something that is more comfortable to wear.

*M*
Well I am glad I''m not alone out there. Certain relatives thing we are really weird. Because "not even the colors match". But he loves his, and I mine. I was just wondering how common that was. Apparently not too common to not match though.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:32:34 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Ours don''t match either. Mine is a plain band and he''s got a two tone cable band from Dora.
Yayyy another non-matcher
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never even knew people expected the husband and wife''s wedding bands to match. I don''t think I know any couples with matching bands. And how funny/weird to have people ask you about it! Although I do see the sentiment behind matching bands and I think it''s sweet.

Me and my boyf''s bands won''t match. I want something blingy (of course!) and he wants a plain flat platinum band. Or maybe white gold-I''m not sure which metal would be better for a boy!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:41:29 PM
Author: thing2of2
I never even knew people expected the husband and wife''s wedding bands to match. I don''t think I know any couples with matching bands. And how funny/weird to have people ask you about it! Although I do see the sentiment behind matching bands and I think it''s sweet.

Me and my boyf''s bands won''t match. I want something blingy (of course!) and he wants a plain flat platinum band. Or maybe white gold-I''m not sure which metal would be better for a boy!
That''s funny. I hear about it all the time. Doesn''t bother me. I like my set and I wouldn''t want another metal type. But we were watching a show, House I think and the people''s wedding bands didn''t match that''s how they figured out they were having a affair. Wonder how many people see ours and think we''re married to other people.... LOL!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I also like the sentiment between matching bands, but we have matching tattoos, and those aren''t ever going away, lol! I guess that kind of softened any qualms about getting different looking bands.

*M*

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours match in a non-matchy sort of way. They are both greyish metals (platinum and palladium), but his is thick and with a satin center, and mine has five big diamonds LOL!

fi_band_29srg.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA!! Hubby never wore a wedding band. 20 years ago when we were married I was pissed. I mean if I wear one why shouldn''t he?? But his dad never wore one, my dad didn''t either. I still joke about it with him.
11.gif
3.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Mine is 3mm comfort fit platinum and his is 5mm comfort fit platinum. But I wear diamonds next to mine :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours will be the same metal (platinum) but won''t match. He wants a plain 6mm semi beveled band and I want the matching one to my Ritani!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:49:54 PM
Author: Kaleigh
HA!! Hubby never wore a wedding band. 20 years ago when we were married I was pissed. I mean if I wear one why shouldn''t he?? But his dad never wore one, my dad didn''t either. I still joke about it with him.
11.gif
3.gif
More diamonds for you! Didn''t hubby get jealous of no ring?

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:50:30 PM
Author: amylikesrocks
Yes. Mine is 3mm comfort fit platinum and his is 5mm comfort fit platinum. But I wear diamonds next to mine :)
That''s the important part
2.gif

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
Ours don''t match, mine has baguettes and princess stones and he has three rounds. They are both white gold. His mom and dad have matching bands with half carat solitaires, with small differences to make hers look a tad more feminine and his more masculine. She was wondering why we didn''t get matching ones as well...lol. I really want to change my band though since it was made to curve next to the engagement ring so I can''t wear it by itself. I figure I''ll wait until I get an upgrade though so I can make sure that the two match...can''t wait till that day comes...hehehe
12.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Mine is a 2.1mm platinum with channel set diamonds and his is a 5mm 14kt yellow gold with a single milgrain. Oddly enough, no one''s ever asked why ours don''t match. I''m not sure I know too many people whose rings actually do match.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I think matching bands were more common around 15 years ago or so. Now I hardly see any matching sets in the stores. Our bands never matched and now that I upgraded to platinum and diamonds and hubbys is a yellow/white gold ring, we really don''t match. Noone has ever said a thing about it. I think it''s kinda odd they would.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I have 2 wedding bands...the one I wear with my e-ring is a 1.8ct eternity band. My hubby''s is a two tone white/yellow gold band, I also have the matching band to it that I wear when I''n not wearing my bling...going to the pool, the gym, yardwork, etc.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ours used to match but now I usually wear my anniversay ring with my ER and my husband just bought a tungsten carbide ring which he says he is going to wear 24/7. His tastes have changed and he thinks the new ring is more masculine.
20.gif

cmswdrgs1.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ours won''t match. We get embarrassed enough when we accidentally dress alike to do such a thing on purpose!

Mine will be prong set sapphires (should have it this week!!!) and he'' thinking either two-tone or two-texture, but hasn''t picked his out yet.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ours don''t match. Mine is a full eternity band and his is just a plain platinum comfort fit band.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ours don''t match- mine is full eternity (3.5mm) and his is "half-step" platinum band, 5mm.

My parents'' original bands from 1974 didn''t match- my mom got plain platinum then and my dad got yellow gold w/ milgrained edges. My mom had her e-ring reset w/ oval emerald side stones and put into YG and bought a band that matched my dad''s in the 80''s... I think she regrets that move today.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:49:54 PM
Author: Kaleigh
11.gif
3.gif
My DH tried to pull that... our fathers dont wear wedding bands either. He wears his most of the time... he usually takes it off somewhere weird and forgets where he put it!
6.gif

I have a 2mm curved platiunum band with 13 bead set 1/2 point single cut diamonds from my grandmothers engagement ring. DH has a wide (5-6mm) brushed platinum band with a thing rose gold band in the middle. The metals match, but thats about it.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Nope! FI''s is thick and palladium with a design and mine is just a plain wg 2mm band. Here''s a pic of his wb with my ering

n9310640_38892775_5717.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results