shape
carat
color
clarity

Do your wedding bands match?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My FI's parents have matching thick yellow gold bands with the Olympic Mountains carved in relief on them. FMIL designed them. They're very unique
1.gif
I wish I had pictures to share!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 2:23:57 PM
Author: Sparkles22
Date: 5/2/2007 5:37:23 PM

Author: mercoledi

Ours don''t match per se, but if someone found them both, they might consider them a set. DH has an 8mm wg knife edge band with engraving on one face of the knife edge. I have a 4mm wg pipe-cut band with the same pattern engraved on, umm, the parts that aren''t the face of the ring. The profiles I guess? It was important to us to have a common element, but we knew it was unlikely we''d want the same thing. My parents had the same wedding band, but I can''t think of anyone else either!

That sounds really cool the way it is engraved! Do you have any pics? Did it have to be hand engraved to be done like that?

Thanks!

I had a thread on it, but the pictures are gone. I can post some from home this weekend. Sadly the only thing that went wrong at our wedding was that the photographer didn''t show, so there aren''t any really good shots.

Yup, they were hand done, and I think they were a real challenge for the jeweler. She was a little nervous in the design phase but was pleased as punch when they were done!

I love the engraving on mine, it''s like a little secret just for me!
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
let''s try this...

Slide67y671.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the sense that our rings are similar, I think we're the most "matchy" of any couple I know.

Mine is a 2 mm pipe cut platinum band, his is a 6 mm platinum comfort fit pipe cut with double rows of miligraining. His basicly looks like 2 of mine stacked up.

And I know how PS'ers love pics, so I attached one.
1.gif

platinumweddingbandsandering908.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think that matching bands is the nrom anymore;I don''t think I have been to a wedding in the last 6 years where the rings matched, unless they were both totally plain bands.

Sparkles, I have the same wedding set as you, and my hubby also has a two-tone ring, go figure!!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Mercoledi & Lauren: Thank you both for the pictures, your rings are really pretty!

Sophie: That is really funny, that we would have the same set and both our hubbies have two tone!!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie: Did youo decide to solder your wedding band/e-ring together? I am still undecided!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 12:14:13 AM
Author: Sparkles22
Sophie: Did youo decide to solder your wedding band/e-ring together? I am still undecided!
No, I didn''t. Because I like the flexibility to wear just my band sometimes, I like them to be separate. Plus sometimes, I will just put on my ering and say, "wow, it is big!"
3.gif
lol
FOr me, bc my fingers swell off and on throughout the year, soldering will never be an option to me, and I am perfectly happy.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Our metals do not match at all, but the rings are by the same designer. His band would have been really spectacular in two-tone (yellow gold center with platinum edges) but we wanted to be able to have our rings sized and the two tone one version was not resizeable
20.gif
Our rings are similar in some ways, though. They both have chased/carved/engraved leaves on them, but my engagement and wedding rings also have diamond centered flowers on them. We have a botanical theme going on...

Here is the link:
LIB''s wedding rings and stuff

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Our bands do match, though mine is 2mm and his is 4mm. They''re just plain, pipe-cut yg bands, though, so it''s not like they look elaborately matchy-matchy.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Our wedding bands don''t match. Here''s a picture.

weddingrings9564.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Another non-matcher here.....

My band is a 7-stone diamond band; platinum and 18K yellow.

His ring is a wide yellow gold plain band.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
It''s funny, we hear the opposite- "Why did you get rings that match?"

Of other couples I know, none of them have the same ring. We do since we completely fell in love with them. There are even the same size.

carlaian060.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results