shape
carat
color
clarity

Do your siblings love jewelry and watches also?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Are you the only one in your family with a passion for jewels,gems and watches?My father loves watchs and good gold jewelry...he likes to discuss watches.My sister owns some of the best watches made(Patek,Omega,Baume & Mercier ect)and recently recieved a 4 carat emerald of exceptional quality...I was literally shaking when i louped it...not much discussion past the beauty of the color and the style of the platinum ring.Are you the only one who gets the jewelry thing in your family?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My grandfather (who died when I was a month old) and my father both love/loved jewellery and especially coloured gemstones. My grandfather travelled a lot and brought back gemstones for my grandmother. He used to design the settings and have them made.

There were always lots of gemmology books in the house and I used to read them avidly as a child.

None of the rest of the family share my interest at all. They certainly wouldn''t spend the kind of money I do on rocks. They''re also only vaguely interested in seeing my latest acquisition - unlike my father who is always very keen!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of my family are interested at all. I think they believe me to be a bit obsessed. I can''t understand why
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I am alone in my obsession. My mom and sister like jewelry, but, really have no interest in it. My dad has an interest in colored gems and has a small collection. My paternal grandmother, on the other hand, was a bling junkie like me! I guess that''s where I get it. At 5, DD is showing some promise!
28.gif
She is just itching for a huge pink stone.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m the only one who really obsesses over it. My mom and sister like jewelry, but they''ll wear lots of costume jewelry and think of expensive, quality jewelry as what can be bought at JC Penney or Macy''s. Not that there''s anything wrong with that, it''s much less expensive, but I''m not that way. Especially since finding pricescope. I now go into those stores-- along with other mall chain jewelry stores-- and cringe at the absolute uglyness and the prices people pay for it. PS has made me a snob, but now I really appreciate the beauty of great jewelry.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It is just me, I am the weird one.

My mom was never into diamonds and gemstones. For her second marrage (my father) her engagement ring was a gold ring. Her following one, she had no engagement ring. She really didn''t care for jewelry at all. All I got from her were some silver pieces from high school.

My sister is a tomboy. She will wear some natural looking jewelry (seashells and such), but does not care for fine jewelry.

I have loved jewelry since I was little, when I was 16, my parents bought me a small pair of diamond studs because they knew how much it meant to me. I am now trying to create my own collection that I will be proud to pass on.

My boyfriend''s family is totally the opposite. Several family members have several nice pieces of jewelry. He himself does not care for jewelry, funny how things work.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
my father was vp of swarovski growing up. my sister, mom and i would go to the showroom in nyc and get to pick out whatever we wanted from the walls and walls of costume jewelry. i was 9 and rockin out with chandelier crystal duster earrings and ginormous rings... my sister had no interest- and still doesn''t.

my mom has a jewelry box taller than i am.. and my aunt wears HUGE diamond rings-ON EVERY FINGER.. upon meeting the fam, my fiance said in amazement--i have never met such a jewelry obsessed family in my entire life. and he''s right. my aunt keeps a jewelers loop in her purse..just in case!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 12:36:06 PM
Author: Maisie
None of my family are interested at all. I think they believe me to be a bit obsessed. I can''t understand why
9.gif

Tee Hee, same here Maisie. My daugher has NO interest at all in jewelry and she will be 36 next month.

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandmother and I are the only ones in my family who really have an interest in jewelry, but of course she isn''t as obsessed as I am. My family mostly thinks I''m crazy and they don''t "get it."
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My grandmother passed her love for fine jewelry onto me. My DD loves it as well, but not as much as me. DS has a true appreciation for it, and loves fine watches.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I am The. Only. One.
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
And they all think I am crazy!

My mother has absolutely NO interest in real diamonds... she loves costume jewelry, though... big old honkin'' rhinestones, bright goldtone metals, lots of flash and sparkle, and always just a little over-the-top! But she''s adorable (and 85!) so she can get away with it!

Sister #2 happily wore a plain gold wedding band for years, then one day she was just casually cruising QVC and a 1.50 CZ caught her eye. She bought it, is thrilled to death with it, and wears it everyday.

Sister #1 wears a beautiful 2+ carat diamond (oval) that her DH bought her, but she has very little interest in it, and would have never bought it for herself.

DD likes and appreciates pretty diamonds, but has no desire for a BIG ONE.
23.gif
I cannot even imagine!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
My mom got me started, but I think I have more specific tastes than she does. She''s got some great jewelry, and I love playing with it. Sometimes when I visit we crack open the safe and try everything on. I never get tired of it. I can''t wait until we can do that with my collection!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I am the only one who "gets" jewelry of any kind. I was actually told by 3 separate members of my family that I was off my rocker for getting an upgrade (wring).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently my grandfather and great-grandfather on my father''s side both loved and collected colored gemstones, so I come by my obsession honestly
3.gif
. Not that much survived the war, but my parents do have some large, natural star sapphires, and one of these days I''ll post my miner''s cut diamond pendant. We won''t discuss the beautiful a*****drite I lost when I was a young foolish thing!
7.gif

None of my siblings inherited the got the gemstone bug. My only niece, on the other hand, was barely out of diapers when she started telling my mother which of her pieces she wanted to have when she grew up, and her younger brother loves the world of rocks and minerals.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s pretty much just me!

My mom likes jewelry, but she''s not nearly as obsessed as I am.

My dad has a Rolex that he loves having but that''s pretty much it.

My older sister made sure to pick out a nice size diamond when she got engaged (1.1 carat RB) but she doesn''t even know what color or clarity it is!
23.gif

And my brothers bought their wives'' diamonds on Blue Nile, but I doubt they know much about the 4 C''s.

My twin sister doesn''t care about diamonds at all and she actually told me I should get a SMALLER diamond when I was diamond shopping!
23.gif
again!
3.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 11:54:38 PM
Author: thing2of2
It''s pretty much just me!

My mom likes jewelry, but she''s not nearly as obsessed as I am.

My dad has a Rolex that he loves having but that''s pretty much it.

My older sister made sure to pick out a nice size diamond when she got engaged (1.1 carat RB) but she doesn''t even know what color or clarity it is!
23.gif

And my brothers bought their wives'' diamonds on Blue Nile, but I doubt they know much about the 4 C''s.

My twin sister doesn''t care about diamonds at all and she actually told me I should get a SMALLER diamond when I was diamond shopping!
23.gif
again!
3.gif
My twin has diamonds(from me and her husband) that she never wears ...says she likes just plain gold.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
My sister likes jewellery, but she''d never get excited by it like I do. She''ll wear anything. In fact, she mostly wears a traditional NZ greenstone (nephrite jade) Koru pendant that I bought for her birthday when she visited us here before.

She wears a tiny little tanzanite & diamond ering, which she loves.

My half-brother (that I only met for the first time about 5 years ago) is reaally into nice stuff. He & his wife have loads of top-make designer watches between them, and she has some very lovely diamond jewellery.

She does also wear costume jewellery too, which I don''t really get when you have so much REAL stuff to wear.. but each to their own. :)

My mum likes nice things, but would never spend money on fine jewellery.. and the pieces that she does have she never wears.

Crazy huh? :)

x x x

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results