shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your killer diamond to weddings?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Face it.
Many of us here at PS wear killer diamonds that could blind a crowd and steal a show, and we know it.

The wedding day is supposed to be all about the bride.
Do you leave your killer diamond(s) at home (or leave em dirty) so you don't upstage the bride?

My SO just went to a wedding and he insisted that I do a super duper extra good job cleaning his Octavia.
I was wondering if that's kind of rude.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:
Face it.
Many of us here at PS wear killer diamonds that could blind a crowd and steal a show, and we know it.

The wedding day is supposed to be all about the bride.
Do you leave your killer diamond(s) at home (or leave em dirty) so you don't upstage the bride?

My SO just went to a wedding and he insisted that I do a super duper extra good job cleaning his Octavia.
I was wondering if that's kind of rude.
YES!!, if you didn't warn the crowd about putting on their sunglasses. :sun:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
It my opinon, its not rude AT ALL. I personally don't think a ring could upstage a bride. I think it would have to be a mix of things like someone wearing something inappropriate dress wise with lots of gaudy diamonds on or something.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The thought about it being rude never would have occured to me (unless you're tying to shove your way into the receiving line, saying "look at my ring, isn't it gorgeous" lol)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, other than tiny diamond studs, the only other diamonds I have are in my engagement ring. I wouldn't exactly call them "killer" since they're smaller than what I imagine most PSers have. But to answer the question, yes, I wear my engagement ring to weddings. I've also worn my studs to one wedding or another, I'm sure.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am not all that blinged out really.. but seriously doubt anyone else is paying any attention to my jewelry, regardless.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
ABSOLUTELY!! Wear 'em! They make you feel good. The bride will be too happy & involved in her own day to care, even if she notices. She's not gonna be surveying the guests' jewelry.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak is that beautiful creation in your avatar yours? Do tell.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have no problem wearing my jewelery to functions, whether or not it's nicer than the bride's is irrelevant to me.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I wouldnt care if I had a 1ct or a 5ct or a 10ct. I wouldnt not wear a piece of my own jewelery anywhere. If it is mine and I worked hard to earn it I would wear it no matter where I was going and who was going to be there.

To me it is along the same lines of not going to a wedding when you are better looking than the bride. Would you not bathe and not brush your hair because you dont want to take the attention away from the bride?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not rude at all Kenny. I would not wear white or black to a wedding, but heck yes with my bling such as it is. What I have is more than my social circle except for my MIL and my BIL's wife....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover said:
Yes I would when I dress up I totally bling it out :naughty:
:bigsmile: :appl: :appl:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
many of the people i know and their families are in the jewelry trade so everyone wears major blingage to the wedding and reception.i would never leave my best bling home while i am out having a good time at a wedding!My diamonds love the night life and they love to boogie! :sun:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok first of all, the day is about the bride. I doubt anyone is looking at me, or what I am wearing.. So yes I bring the bling, but don't have a killer diamond... ;))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a killer sized diamond, but yes, when I get really dressed up, I decorate my fingers, lobes, neck and wrist with diamonds.
Why not? I never ever thought of my jewelry detracting from the bride. Let her wear her own bling!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
lyra said:
Not rude at all Kenny. I would not wear white or black to a wedding, but heck yes with my bling such as it is. What I have is more than my social circle except for my MIL and my BIL's wife....

Wha...wait! You can't wear black to a wedding?? I've never heard this! What is the reasoning behind it? I've worn a black dress to a wedding as did some people to mine and it didn't seem to bother anyone. I also had a cousin wear a white sweater dress to our wedding that I didn't notice until I saw the pictures lol but that didn't bother me either :)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I certainly understand that the day belongs to the bride, but wearing my bling or not, I'd be just one other guest in the crowd.
Now, I do know a mother of the groom who wore so much bling she had other guests stopping, staring and drooling over her
newly upgraded bling.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any killer diamonds, but I certainly wear what I have when I get dressed up! And if I did have a killer diamond, I'd be sure to wear it. My gosh, what's the sense in owning beautiful jewelry and not wearing it? There's so much going on at a wedding I doubt anyone really pays attention to what the guests are wearing, the focus really is on the bride and groom.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my rings whenever I go out in public, and whether it's a wedding or not wouldn't make a difference. All eyes are on the bride anyway!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely would not refrain from wearing a beautiful diamond to a wedding. The only thing that I would not wear is a white dress. I think that black dresses are fine for some weddings - especially more formal and/or evening weddings. I attended a nice evening wedding just a couple of weeks ago, and over half of the women there were wearing pretty black dresses. :)

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I doubt anyone would really care or notice what jewelry I had on. All eyes are rightfully on the bride and groom! Most people on PS have amazing jewelry for sure, but people on PS also have a very keen interest in it, something most other people don't have. I could wear a 5 carat canary diamond and none of my friends would probably even notice it. Me, I'm more aware of people's jewelry because I enjoy it so much. But I'd never presume that people would think my jewelry is somehow outshining the bride, nor would I ever wear it with that intention.

Kenny, you're obviously very proud of the Octavia you purchased and you've posted a few threads inquiring about the etiquette of wearing it in different social situations (such as around lower income family members). Try to stop worrying and start enjoying! IMHO, unless someone struts in with a pageant tiara on their head, no one is really noticing a diamond (no matter how nice/special/beautiful).

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only way could see a diamond upstaging a bride is if some one actually got engaged during a wedding.
Now, THAT would rude, IMO.
Weddings are a great excuse TO wear the bling.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure do! Though one time I went to an engagement party and I did lotion up well before I left the car - her BF hadn't listened to a word I'd said, and the diamond showed it :sick:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie said:
I sure do! Though one time I went to an engagement party and I did lotion up well before I left the car - her BF hadn't listened to a word I'd said, and the diamond showed it :sick:

Yssie, you are a saint. :saint:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny said:
If you've got it flaunt it.

Now Now.
This IS a family forum. :tongue:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I'm Asian and I noticed that most Asian women generally bring out their best jewellery to wear to weddings. I guess it's about "honouring" the event by dressing your best, both with your clothing and your jewels.

Recently, I saw a lady in Delhi with her 3-4 ct EC and a huge green emerald ring with a really blinging tennis bracelet (at least 0.3 or 0.4 ct per stone), all decked out because she was attending a wedding here.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yep Asians do love to bling at weddings. Often they are the only occasions you can wear your wedding jewellery.

I would be insulted if a guest deliberately didn't wear their large diamond ring, that they wore everwhere else, to my wedding. It's like saying "oh my bling is so much better than yours, I'd better keep it away so it doesn't steal the limelight!" An insult disguised as solicitous concern.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't have given it a second thought, unless your SO was shoving the rock into the brides face. And anyway, I doubt a diamond could upstage a bride, and even if the bride would care or notice on her big day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results