shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Wear Perfume?

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Is there any particular scent you like? I wear Mugler Cologne or Marc Jacobs Rain on my day off. I recently realized that when I smell a particular scent, I think about the person that wears it unconsciously. Do you have a signature scent that people notice that it's "you" whenever you're around?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Chanel Chance for lighter, fresher days and Viktor & Rolf's Flower Bomb for a more sultry scent.

I used to wear perfume every day (and I'd even reapply!), so people would know "my" smell, but I no longer do that because 1) I'm lazy and 2) it was getting expensive to run through a bottle every half year or so. It no longer felt luxurious to me. I no longer was able to smell the smells I once loved, and they become 'meh'. I like to only use them for special occasions now, so I actually enjoy them a lot more.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I love perfume, I could never have a signature scent as I love variety too much.

I have a top 50 of perfume but even that changes often.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear Chanel No. 19 for nearly 20 years, and it is the only scent I wear.

I have liked other scents in the past when I was younger, and was given a bottle of No. 19 by my then hubby, and decided I really liked this, and had been wearing it ever since.

DK :))

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wore perfume when I was younger but my asthma has gotten worse over the years and now I cannot wear it anymore.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear perfume EVERY single day. I do not feel dressed, even in my scruffs, until I have had a squirt. My daily, light perfume that I have worn for as long as I remember, is Oscar by Oscar de La Renta. Then for evenings or other days, I have a vast array. Current favorites are Bvlgari Omnia & Bvlgari Amethyste.. Many friends associate me with Hypnotic Poison by Dior, as I wore that day & night for about 5 years when it first launched, but even though I still have some in my dresser, I for some reason never touch it. I think my taste has moved on. And Chanel No. 5 is in there somewhere, but saved for date nights :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few favorites with my very favorite being Tihota by Indult. Pure heaven. I spray sparingly so you cannot smell my perfume unless you are very close to me and it is a gorgeous scent.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite has always be Le air de temp, by Nina Ricci. When I was about ten years old, my aunt and uncle went to Paris and bought me a bottle. I haven't worn it for a few years but it is still my favorite. I don't wear perfume much but I do use a scented body lotion by California Naturals that is a coconut and tangerine scent. I am often told that I smell like a cookie. I *think* that is a good thing... well, anyway, my husband likes it.

I also like a few Philosophy scents- Amazing Grace, and Falling in Love. They are very light.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fragrance standard these days is Stella, but I have a serious flirt going on with Tocca's Margaux and Florence.
I also wear Hanae Mori's Butterfly; Chloe; and Tokyo Milk/Dark 90 - and I always have a rollerball of La Vanilla's Pure Vanilla.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Yes - it's another hobby of mine. Right now my latest and greatest is Ginger Ciao by Yosh - but that's this week. ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore Magnetic Beat by Escada for years until it was discontinued. I was able to find it on ebay for a while, but then found another fragrance that I liked better. It was just a light seasonal by Victoria's Secret, so it was great for the summer -- and very inexpensive! Of course, that has since been discontinued as well, but I knew it would (as each year has a different seasonal scent), so I stocked up! Perfumes smell differently depending on the person's body chemistry, so I have to be careful not to buy without trying it first.

Every time I get a hint of Pleasures for Men by Estee Lauder, I immediately think of hot high school guys! It's one of my favorite scents for men -- I can't help it... it's just what every guy wore when I was in high school!! Sometimes I wondered if they bathed in it, but it didn't bother me -- I just couldn't get enough of the scent! :love: :love: :love:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No. Never. I also can't be around anyone (long term) if they are wearing strong perfume/cologne).
Walking by the Abercrombie store in my mall is the absolute worst :sick:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1394303908|3630092 said:
I wore Magnetic Beat by Escada for years until it was discontinued. I was able to find it on ebay for a while, but then found another fragrance that I liked better. It was just a light seasonal by Victoria's Secret, so it was great for the summer -- and very inexpensive! Of course, that has since been discontinued as well, but I knew it would (as each year has a different seasonal scent), so I stocked up! Perfumes smell differently depending on the person's body chemistry, so I have to be careful not to buy without trying it first.

Every time I get a hint of Pleasures for Men by Estee Lauder, I immediately think of hot high school guys! It's one of my favorite scents for men -- I can't help it... it's just what every guy wore when I was in high school!! Sometimes I wondered if they bathed in it, but it didn't bother me -- I just couldn't get enough of the scent! :love: :love: :love:

I used to wear Escada Island Kiss and another one, can't remember its name. Loved those! And Pleasures--totally remember when that was popular.

I've worn several different perfumes over the years, but about 4-5 years ago I just stopped wearing fragrance altogether. I can't remember what specifically made me stop, I didn't run out of it or anything, and I didn't have any odd experiences. When I think about wearing it now, it just makes me uncomfortable. I can't explain it! I'm not appalled when others wear it, but I don't like smelling someone else's perfume, either. I do hate it when someone holds my child and later I can smell their perfume on her, though. Yuck. Maybe it's some weird maternal thing.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never did my whole life until this past year. Bulgari, White Tea. It reminds me of the soap and shampoo at the Ritz Carlton in Berlin when DH and I took our five year old son. It was probably the most amazing vacation of my life. We spent a week in Berlin and then another week in Paris, but it was extra special because we brought our wonderful boy. His teacher gave him a journal writing assignment where he would write a sentence and draw a picture of something different everyday. The funniest picture was him at the museum looking at the Mona Lisa. The day we were at the museum, it was so crowded. We could not get close to the picture, but stood at the far opposite end of the room. DH put him on his shoulders so he could see the picture from far away. My son told us he drew a picture of the Mona Lisa in his journal, and we thought it was interesting since he could barely see it from where we had been standing. When I looked at his journal, there was a little square at the top half of the page, and then tons of circles at the bottom half of the page. It was his view point, of seeing tons of the backs of the heads of people that were standing between him and the Mona Lisa, and the little square with the scratches was the Mona Lisa. I loved seeing that experience from his five year old perspective. So I guess wearing that scent reminds of some wonderful experiences. Sorry such a long post. I love that scent. :)

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
madelise,

I love, love both of them! I don't like wearing women's perfume, but I like smelling those on other people. I just gifted my mom with a flower bomb rollerball and she seems to love it. So now you wear perfume for special occasions, right?

rosseta,

Wow! Can you please share some of your favorites? :)

dk,

That's your signature scent then :) To me, Chanel No. 19 is something that reminds me of a sophisticated lady.

diamond,

I'm sorry. I should be careful not to wear too much perfume around people like you. Sometimes strong perfume bothers me at work.

Alex,

I've never smelled anything you mentioned except Chanel No.5. I love how you change perfume for different occasions.

missy,

I have to check that out because you seem to have a good taste in clothing and jewelry! I have read somewhere that putting a little perfume on the back of your neck lets people smell it when they hug you and thought it was neat.

sparkle,

I have a friend who wears coconut/vanilla scent and absolutely love it. Spellings like a cookie is a great thing :love: I love amazing grace by philosophy, it's really light and great for spring.

mary,

Many people seem to like Tocca. I've only smelled Cleopatra before. I'd like to try the others you mentioned. Do you like warm scents?

Meezer,

Do you change what you wear weekly? How many bottles of perfume do you own? How do you choose what to wear in the morning?

msop,

Escada makes nice ones. When I was a teenager, I loved Sexy Graffiti. Hahaha, Chanel Bleu reminds of me of my old crush and it is one of my favorites. It's easy to associate people with perfume. I agree that you have to try perfume of before committing. Since I only wear men's perfume now, sometimes I'm surprised how they smell different on me.

mom,

All of their stores have the same smell. We all need to be careful of the amount of perfume we put on our body so that we don't bother people like you.

monarch,

Interesting. I used to love wearing sweet and warm smell, but I only wear men's perfume now. I still love smelling sweet perfume on others, though. It's nice not to wear too much perfume around children.

LLJsmom,

That is nice how your perfume reminds you of the nice memory. I'd love to see the picture your son drew. It's interesting too see things from a child's perspective. When I wear Mugler Cologne, I think of Japanese plums and gardens back in my country. Maybe that's one of the reasons I love wearing it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I guess so, as it is my one and only scent that I wear! :bigsmile:

I feel very naked without perfume and earrings.

DK :))

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1394289979|3629969 said:
My favorite has always be Le air de temp, by Nina Ricci. When I was about ten years old, my aunt and uncle went to Paris and bought me a bottle. I haven't worn it for a few years but it is still my favorite. I don't wear perfume much but I do use a scented body lotion by California Naturals that is a coconut and tangerine scent. I am often told that I smell like a cookie. I *think* that is a good thing... well, anyway, my husband likes it.

I also like a few Philosophy scents- Amazing Grace, and Falling in Love. They are very light.

This is one of my all time favorites as well! For years it was the only scent that I'd wear. Now I switch between Tresor, Pleasures and Beautiful, and I love to layer them w/ their body lotions.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1394325133|3630211 said:
Never did my whole life until this past year. Bulgari, White Tea. It reminds me of the soap and shampoo at the Ritz Carlton in Berlin when DH and I took our five year old son. It was probably the most amazing vacation of my life. We spent a week in Berlin and then another week in Paris, but it was extra special because we brought our wonderful boy. His teacher gave him a journal writing assignment where he would write a sentence and draw a picture of something different everyday. The funniest picture was him at the museum looking at the Mona Lisa. The day we were at the museum, it was so crowded. We could not get close to the picture, but stood at the far opposite end of the room. DH put him on his shoulders so he could see the picture from far away. My son told us he drew a picture of the Mona Lisa in his journal, and we thought it was interesting since he could barely see it from where we had been standing. When I looked at his journal, there was a little square at the top half of the page, and then tons of circles at the bottom half of the page. It was his view point, of seeing tons of the backs of the heads of people that were standing between him and the Mona Lisa, and the little square with the scratches was the Mona Lisa. I loved seeing that experience from his five year old perspective. So I guess wearing that scent reminds of some wonderful experiences. Sorry such a long post. I love that scent. :)

Don't apologize for the length of your post. That's such a SWEET story!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This reminds me, I should stop by my local discount store and pick up some Britney Spears, or other celebrity fragrance, on the cheap.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1394305086|3630104 said:
No. Never. I also can't be around anyone (long term) if they are wearing strong perfume/cologne).
Walking by the Abercrombie store in my mall is the absolute worst :sick:

Me too.

I love some of the scents, but they make me very sick. Even most hand/body lotions and sometimes even shampoos & conditioners get to me. It is horrible in my classes or when we go to a performance and someone wears something that gets to me. I sneeze/cough and end up suffering for a long time after. Depending on the scent, even a very light amount will leave me quite sick.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Aw I feel bad for those who can't wear scent: it's such a joy and it makes me feel properly dressed. I get a lot more compliments for my perfumes than I do for my diamonds.

If anyone wants recommendations, tell me what is your comfort zone and I'll try to steer you towards more niche stuff so you are unlikely to come across anyone smelling the same.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Nope, since going chemical free in our house I have gotten more sensitive to smells. Perfumes make my eyes water and my nose run, same thing happens to my little guy as well.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Some of those celebrity fragrances actually smell nice. My husband complained a lot when I came home from Sephora after trying on strong perfume. I should really be careful.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1394361409|3630404 said:
Aw I feel bad for those who can't wear scent: it's such a joy and it makes me feel properly dressed. I get a lot more compliments for my perfumes than I do for my diamonds.

If anyone wants recommendations, tell me what is your comfort zone and I'll try to steer you towards more niche stuff so you are unlikely to come across anyone smelling the same.

My grandmother always wore perfumes. I loved smelling the bit of fragrance on her! She never did huge amounts -- just the little bit that was so nice. I miss having her around and every now and then smell something that reminds me of her.

I'd love to be able to wear perfumes ;(

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1394361409|3630404 said:

No need to feel bad - I'm fine with it =) It's never really been a part of my routine, so I don't need it to feel properly dressed.
The worst part is when I'm stuck somewhere in public next to someone wearing too much. At times, I have found it as irritating as sitting next to a smoker. It's just no fun when you have a sensitivity and/or allergy to it:(

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I really enjoy wearing Frederic Malle L 'Eau d' Hiver. It's very soft and not overly sweet. It smells like honey, caramel, and musk with very soft powdery floral overtone.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem with wearing scents in public is others may not like it, or even have a medical reaction to it.
IMO on this matter others take precedence over me, much like if I choose to smoke.

I think San Francisco made it illegal for it's employees to wear scents while working, or something.
Good for them.
Hope scents in public go the way of smoking in public.
I enjoy some, but others I find putrid. :knockout:
The putrid ones seem to be projectile-perfume that shoots at you from across the room.

Certainly enjoy them in the privacy of your own home, if others living there don't mind.

I love a few ...
Halston Z14
Jovan Musk
Davidoff Cool Water
Burberry Weekend

Scents take me away to another world, much as colors do.
I love them.

FWIW, I've recently discovered the complex and heavenly scent of freshly-grated nutmeg!
I bought seeds online and grate them into my oatmeal every morning! Yummmm!
Maybe I'll rub some behind my ears. :lol:

screen_shot_2014-03-09_at_3.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, Jo Malone makes a fragrance called nutmeg and ginger. I haven't smelled it but perhaps it would be something you would like?
Also you can search by note at lucky scent if you are so inclined to try new perfumes. I love Lucky Scent because they sell samples so you don't have to commit to a full bottle till you are sure and their descriptions are very entertaining.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/page/1/Fragrances.html

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool.

Thanks missy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfume gives me asthma as it feels as if all the oxygen is sucked out of the room. So does a room full of fresh flowers. Too bad because I like them both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results