shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Wear Perfume?

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Boudoir was a big hit in my country 10 years ago. I wonder why I've never seen a bottle here I the U.S.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I love the smell of vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom. I think those smells are related. It makes my mouth water thinking of those scents.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Sakuracherry|1394936026|3634919 said:
Boudoir was a big hit in my country 10 years ago. I wonder why I've never seen a bottle here I the U.S.
I am sure it would be available, Vivienne Westwood still stocks it on her own website.
But her other perfumes, including Anglomania, were discontinued and I would be devastated if Boudoir were cancelled!
The mixed reviews Boudoir gets kind of astound me. Some can be scathing. Why??
Yes, it's not a simple food type scent.It's 'real' perfume in that the scent itself doesn't relate back to chocolate cookies etc etc.
It's layered and complex (in a very, very good way).
But it is Holy Grail material for me, the perfect mix of 'pretty' and 'interesting'. :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By day: Chanel N°5 EAU PREMIÈRE

I posted a picture... It's the lighter No 5

By night: Creed Love in Black

_15907.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Sakuracherry|1394510430|3631507 said:
I'm embarrassed to say that I like some of the celebrity perfumes :oops:

You shouldn't be! Like I said, I was surprised by how much I liked Beyonce's fragrances (esp Pulse). The other HUGE surprise was Rihanna's perfume. I didn't even know she had one and it was really rather pleasant.

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
Wearing Hugo Boss Orange these days :kiss:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My LuckyScents samples came the other day - so far I've tried Houbigant's Oranger en Fleurs (orange blossom) and Parfum d'Empire's Cuir Ottoman (leather) - the Houbigant fragrance is a fresh and lovely Spring-like orange blossom/floral, and Cuir Ottoman is a gorgeous leather/nutmeg/incense scent that manages to be both rich yet subtle (to me). My DH did not care for the Houbigant (he is very particular when it comes to fragrance) so likely I will just use up that sample. I am really hoping he will like the Cuir Ottoman as this is one I think I'd like to buy full-size... (I know I can buy/wear any fragrance I like, but it is important to me that DH also enjoy my fragrances - for sure he considers my opinion re: his aftershave/cologne)

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Now I'n curious about the Beyoncé perfume :tongue: I guess some perfumes are popular in some countries and some are not. Every time I go home, I'm surprised to see what people wear.

I love the smell of orange, I mean, anything citrusy.

Mary, what does your husband wear?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sakuracherry|1395422159|3638845 said:
Now I'n curious about the Beyoncé perfume :tongue: I guess some perfumes are popular in some countries and some are not. Every time I go home, I'm surprised to see what people wear.

I love the smell of orange, I mean, anything citrusy.

Mary, what does your husband wear?

For the last while, he's been wearing John Varvatos Artisan or YSL L'Homme when we go out ... he is open to trying samples I get from Sephora and the ones he likes he'll buy full-size and put into rotation, but he still loves his Old Spice and that's his standard go-to.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
My perfume now is Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose (pink grapefruit). Also love Gocce di Byron No. 5 Punta Mesca (black pepper oak musk and orange).

I guess I love citrus and spices.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta said:
purplesparklies|1394407267|3630680 said:
rosetta said:
Aw I feel bad for those who can't wear scent: it's such a joy and it makes me feel properly dressed. I get a lot more compliments for my perfumes than I do for my diamonds.

If anyone wants recommendations, tell me what is your comfort zone and I'll try to steer you towards more niche stuff so you are unlikely to come across anyone smelling the same.

Ooohhhh.....how fun! I'm always trying to find something different and would love any suggestions. I love light scents. I have fallen back on a sweet, light scent called Pure Sugar this winter. I get lots of compliments. I smell like a cookie, too. :) I also like florals but I find it hard to find subtle florals. My hubby is quite picky. It is not unusual for us to be walking through a store and I pick up a tester for him to smell and his response? "Smells like Off. I have some of that in the garage." :-/ I like some fruity scents but nothing citrus. I feel like I can smell the alcohol, chemical smell in too many perfumes. Perhaps it is just me.

I think you will find something you like at Jo Malone. She makes light scents, many of which have a light foody theme. Do you have a store near you?

For something more unusual, try Bulgari au thé blanc and Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan. You could also try Trish McEvoy No 9 (blackberry and vanilla)

Rosetta, I just had to come back and thank you for your recommendations. I told my hubby about Trish McEvoy No 9 as it sounded perfect for summer and he gave it to me for Mother's Day yesterday. :) I love it and he does also. :) :) :) I will certainly keep the others in mind and will check them out when we are traveling as they are not available in my small town. Thanks Rosetta!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Sky56|1394656194|3632734 said:
No perfume, makeup, nail polish or hair dye ever. Jewelry and very long hair are my only nods to feminine stuff, I kind of live like a guy.

If no nail polish, no hair dye, no make up, no hair dryer mean living like a guy then I am living like a guy too :) Like you, I enjoy my jewelry and long hair :) I did dye my hair until 2 years ago and gave it up. I prefer it without dyes. Its sooo much healthier. And my teenage daughter tell me "mom, you rock your white highlights". I'll take it!

I can't wear scents. Perfumes make me sick to my stomach. My mother and both grandmothers wore TONS of perfume growing up and my dad wore really heavy aftershave. It was overbearing. I buy unscented laundry detergent, unscented hand soap, unscented products when possible. Only exception is shampoo/conditioner.

Sayde64

Rough_Rock
Oh my yes

Fell down the rabbit hole a few years ago. Had always worn scent but then started sampling and learning. Read Luca Turins book Perfume, and then several others. Started trying samples from Lucky Scent and The Perfumed Court. Hanging out on Basenotes and Fragrantia . . . .

When I started I had been wearing mostly soliflores from Annick Goutal, which I still adore. Rose Absolue, and my oldest, and still favorite of hers, Eau de Charlotte.

But now I have a whole list of favorites. In terms of category I guess my favorites are rose plus a spice note

Andy Tauer Rose Chypre
L'artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant
Le Labo Rose 31

But there are so many other wonderful ones. Le Labo Santal 33. Caron Tabac Blond. Andy Tauer almost anything. especially L'Air du Desert Marocain. Ava Luxe 23, Ormode Jayne Woman

And then -- there is Chanel no5 talcum powder,. Not the perfume -- the powder.

And I have only just begun . . . .

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
purplesparklies|1399927353|3671201 said:
rosetta said:
rosetta said:
Aw I feel bad for those who can't wear scent: it's such a joy and it makes me feel properly dressed. I get a lot more compliments for my perfumes than I do for my diamonds.

If anyone wants recommendations, tell me what is your comfort zone and I'll try to steer you towards more niche stuff so you are unlikely to come across anyone smelling the same.

Ooohhhh.....how fun! I'm always trying to find something different and would love any suggestions. I love light scents. I have fallen back on a sweet, light scent called Pure Sugar this winter. I get lots of compliments. I smell like a cookie, too. :) I also like florals but I find it hard to find subtle florals. My hubby is quite picky. It is not unusual for us to be walking through a store and I pick up a tester for him to smell and his response? "Smells like Off. I have some of that in the garage." :-/ I like some fruity scents but nothing citrus. I feel like I can smell the alcohol, chemical smell in too many perfumes. Perhaps it is just me.

I think you will find something you like at Jo Malone. She makes light scents, many of which have a light foody theme. Do you have a store near you?

For something more unusual, try Bulgari au thé blanc and Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan. You could also try Trish McEvoy No 9 (blackberry and vanilla)

Rosetta, I just had to come back and thank you for your recommendations. I told my hubby about Trish McEvoy No 9 as it sounded perfect for summer and he gave it to me for Mother's Day yesterday. :) I love it and he does also. :) :) :) I will certainly keep the others in mind and will check them out when we are traveling as they are not available in my small town. Thanks Rosetta!

Aw you're very welcome purplesparklies! I'm really glad you found something lovely for summer :))

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sayde64|1400101158|3672887 said:
Oh my yes

Fell down the rabbit hole a few years ago. Had always worn scent but then started sampling and learning. Read Luca Turins book Perfume, and then several others. Started trying samples from Lucky Scent and The Perfumed Court. Hanging out on Basenotes and Fragrantia . . . .

When I started I had been wearing mostly soliflores from Annick Goutal, which I still adore. Rose Absolue, and my oldest, and still favorite of hers, Eau de Charlotte.

But now I have a whole list of favorites. In terms of category I guess my favorites are rose plus a spice note

Andy Tauer Rose Chypre
Le Labo Rose 31

But there are so many other wonderful ones. Le Labo Santal 33. Caron Tabac Blond. Andy Tauer almost anything. especially L'Air du Desert Marocain. Ava Luxe 23, Ormode Jayne Woman

Yay - a perfume kindred spirit! Perfume is another of my favourite hobbies and I must have close on 500 bottles, lots of niche in there. Andy Tauer is a friend of mine, super chap and SO talented, I also have many of his creations, did you try Phi when it was available? That was stunning as are all of his I have, L'air, Ingrid, Miriam, Loretta, Une Rose Vermeille. I have various bottles of Tabac Blond extrait, gorgeous stuff...Many Ormond Jayne, I love Woman very much. I also adore No 5 powder, it's glorious and recently I have been wearing vintage Miss Dior. I have some very old bottles and this stuff keeps well.

I could go on and on....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1400106004|3672952 said:
Sayde64|1400101158|3672887 said:
Oh my yes

Andy Tauer Rose Chypre
Le Labo Rose 31

Yay - a perfume kindred spirit! Perfume is another of my favourite hobbies and I must have close on 500 bottles, lots of niche in there. Andy Tauer is a friend of mine, super chap and SO talented, I also have many of his creations, did you try Phi when it was available? That was stunning as are all of his I have, L'air, Ingrid, Miriam, Loretta, Une Rose Vermeille. I have various bottles of Tabac Blond extrait, gorgeous stuff...Many Ormond Jayne, I love Woman very much. I also adore No 5 powder, it's glorious and recently I have been wearing vintage Miss Dior. I have some very old bottles and this stuff keeps well.

I could go on and on....

OF COURSE you posted here! :appl: :bigsmile: YAY! BTW, how do you store your perfume? 500 bottles must take up a lot of space!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello my darling, it's fantastic to find you, I was keeping my eyes peeled lol!!! You knew where to find me that's for sure, you know the word ' perfume' is like crack to me! Hehe!

Where do I store all my bottles....Everywhere! Hubby keeps complaining as he finds them everywhere, I have stashes all over the house! He got me a purpose built cupboard but I soon outgrew that of course.

I had a bottle of vintage Habanita by Molinard arrive this morning from France, I can tell you, I uncorked that particular genie and that stuff is just incredible, it's positively EVIL! Thick pungent tobacco, powder and vanilla, the juice has aged and darkened into a rich ruby red, just fabulous! :love:

I am so glad to see you! xoxoxoxo

SB621

Ideal_Rock
ohhhh perfume!! I love perfume and I actually own my fair share of bottles. Perhaps 30-40 different ones as every year for the holidays, my birthday, V-day, mother's day etc my MIL would get me one. I love most of them, which are already mentioned in this thread so I won't repeat. However next month I'm going to Paris with my DD and we are doing an outing at a french perfume shop. You actually create your own bottle of french perfume by mixing different scents they have. I'm very excited! I'm not sure if I have a nose to put something wonderful together but I think it will be a fun experience!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1400105006|3672939 said:
rosetta said:
rosetta said:

Aw you're very welcome purplesparklies! I'm really glad you found something lovely for summer :))

Ladies, please do tell more about the Trish McEvoy No9! I like sweeter scents. Do not like florals. Right now I wear Dolce and Gabana Light Blue and I just bought See by Chloe, but I'm still on the fence on whether I should keep it or not since my DH does not love it! Have either of you ever smelled Philosophy's Falling in Love? It is described as Blackberry and vanilla as well. I do own that one and like it but am curious how close to the TrishMcEvoy it is. If they are totally different I may order the Trish McEvoy as Sephora doesn't carry it for me to try it. Let me know your thoughts! Love this thread!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1400154420|3673343 said:
SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello my darling, it's fantastic to find you, I was keeping my eyes peeled lol!!! You knew where to find me that's for sure, you know the word ' perfume' is like crack to me! Hehe!

Where do I store all my bottles....Everywhere! Hubby keeps complaining as he finds them everywhere, I have stashes all over the house! He got me a purpose built cupboard but I soon outgrew that of course.

I had a bottle of vintage Habanita by Molinard arrive this morning from France, I can tell you, I uncorked that particular genie and that stuff is just incredible, it's positively EVIL! Thick pungent tobacco, powder and vanilla, the juice has aged and darkened into a rich ruby red, just fabulous! :love:

I am so glad to see you! xoxoxoxo

Miss Lorelei:

You have always been my perfume idol! How accomplished you are--your perfume is like fine wine...I've missed you terribly and am happy you are back, and well. :wavey: :appl: :kiss:

I have been making my way through Creed--sometimes not successfully and my old fav Carnal Flower is a disappointment as I think they have changed their formula? I do enjoy the Chanel No 5 body lotion and bubble bath, as it is very powdery, but I don't use the fragrance otherwise. I would be lying if said I was not jealous of your experience with perfumers and their offerings!!!

Do share more, as there are not enough hours in the day for LOOKING (jewels) and SMELLING good! :))

cheers--Sharon

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
anything by Marc Jacobs...

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
lizzyann|1400166734|3673479 said:
rosetta said:
rosetta said:

Ladies, please do tell more about the Trish McEvoy No9! I like sweeter scents. Do not like florals. Right now I wear Dolce and Gabana Light Blue and I just bought See by Chloe, but I'm still on the fence on whether I should keep it or not since my DH does not love it! Have either of you ever smelled Philosophy's Falling in Love? It is described as Blackberry and vanilla as well. I do own that one and like it but am curious how close to the TrishMcEvoy it is. If they are totally different I may order the Trish McEvoy as Sephora doesn't carry it for me to try it. Let me know your thoughts! Love this thread!

Lizzyann, I just ordered it based on this thread because I absolutely lovvveee blackberry anything! I have Falling in Love too so I'll post a comparison when I get it Tuesday!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
shimmer|1400292092|3674616 said:
lizzyann|1400166734|3673479 said:
rosetta said:
rosetta said:

Lizzyann, I just ordered it based on this thread because I absolutely lovvveee blackberry anything! I have Falling in Love too so I'll post a comparison when I get it Tuesday!!

Awesome shimmer! Thank you so much!! I'll check back in to hear your review!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzyann, I just ordered it based on this thread because I absolutely lovvveee blackberry anything! I have Falling in Love too so I'll post a comparison when I get it Tuesday!![/quote]

Shimmer, have you tried Jo Malone's Blackberry and Bay? I haven't tried it but from what I hear, the reviews are pretty good so it might be well worth a sniff.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lorelei|1400320262|3674750 said:

Shimmer, have you tried Jo Malone's Blackberry and Bay? I haven't tried it but from what I hear, the reviews are pretty good so it might be well worth a sniff.[/quote]

Thanks Lorelei, I'll definitely check it out! You're so sweet, I'm glad to see you posting again :))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fendi is my newest one, Tresor, Attraction and during the winter Amarige. I don't wear much just a couple of drops. Too much of a good thing makes my head ache and sicky.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shimmer|1400383890|3675286 said:
Lorelei|1400320262|3674750 said:

Shimmer, have you tried Jo Malone's Blackberry and Bay? I haven't tried it but from what I hear, the reviews are pretty good so it might be well worth a sniff.

''Thanks Lorelei, I'll definitely check it out! You're so sweet, I'm glad to see you posting again :))[/quote]''

Shimmer, let me know what you think when you do, thanks m'dear - I was so pleased to see you were still posting here!

woohoo.gif

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Oh this thread sounds dangerous!
I love perfume but have only really started wearing it recently. The two I've got at the moment are:

Caroline Herrera VIP
Thierry Mugler Alien

If anyone has recommendations for something similar that would be wonderful! I'd like to find something really clean and fruit-ish smelling for summer, I'll have to look out for Jo Malone- seems a few of you like her!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephny691|1400438028|3675552 said:
Oh this thread sounds dangerous

Maybe we should have ScentScope too...???? :naughty:

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm tempted to try every single kind mentioned here!

Can somebody recommend something I can try this summer? My favorites are Marc Jacobs Rain, Thierry Mugler Cologne, Giorgio Armani Aqua di Gio, and Chanel Bleu.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results