carat
color
clarity

Do You Wear Perfume?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
miraclesrule|1400541242|3676372 said:
Oh man, I just love fragrance. I do, however, hate walking by Abercrombie as well. It's disgusting. Although my granddaughters usually stop and start dancing to their music, I need to move them along because I feel like I am being bombed with some human form of Raid. Ugh.

Having said that, I love to have a signature scent. Due to body chemistry, humidity, weather, seasons....it's very important to get samples before purchasing.

No matter how many bad (or good) romances evoked by my Opium Perfumed Body Cream, it will probably always remain one of my all-time fall/winter scents. I seldom purchase the EDT or EDP because it doesn't smell the same after the 2009 reformulation. I am still on the look out for some vintage leftovers though....in case one of you has an old bottle lying around. :naughty:

I also use, and this is so random, a home infusing essential oil from Agraria. it's intended for the home, but I loved it so much that I rubbed a tiny bit of the oil on my body and DANG!! That stuff was so strong. The longevity and sillage was ridiculous....I had to wash it off so I didn't overwhelm other people. Now I use it so sparingly that I can carry it in a very small sample vial. Every one asks me about that scent. It's very interesting.

My signature spring/summer scent is "If" by Apothia. It's like being in Hawaii, but not in a Hawaiian Tropic kind of way. In fact, I found it in Hawaii and I am now hooked. I also love this random cream that a former boss brought each of us from his trip to Japan. It is so light and subtle. I'm fortunate that my company has presence there and was able to photocopy and enlarge the bottom of the mini-jar and to send to them to see if they could identify it. Now, I get a special delivery every year with a whole bag full of the mini jars so I always have it on hand. I couldn't tell you what it's called though.

I've just gotten back into finding some new scents and stumbled on to Surrender to Chance. It's one of many websites that can provide you with a sample of pretty much anything. I just received nine samples last week. A $400 bottle of Tom Ford Orchid. Oh good gawd am I glad I got the sample first. I waited all day for that to turn into something decent on my body, but it didn't.

I'm sort of loving Frederic Malle Carnal Flower. I love tuberose. it's a little too much straight up tuberose for my tastes, but I just ordered a sample of the body butter to see if I prefer it in that form. I find that oils and creams work better with my skin chemistry than liquid. I don't like sprayers. I like to dab. L'Artisan has some nice scents too, but most of them are unisex and the florals can be too florally.

Anyway, that was a crazy long post. I need to go back and read the rest of the thread for cool inside information that you all provided. :appl:

You are evil. ;-) I just went to Surrender to Chance. Wow. I can see many hours spent there! I'm going to order a tiny sample of vintage
No. 5 and Nina Ricci Farouche, to see if my scent memory of each is correct. It should be a good test.

ETA - Oh, and the Tom Ford? I recently obtained 2 substantial samples of Lys Fume and Ombre de Hyacinth. Nasty, both of them.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1401376544|3682431 said:
Fellow Fume Heads, I had an idea for a new thread.

What would you all think if we made a thread titled Scent of the Day or something like that, those of us that would like to participate can post each day, or any day they wish to, what fragrance they are wearing and tell us a little bit about it? That way for those looking to enlarge their collections or try the scent in question can get an idea of what it's like, fragrances it's similar to, how long it lasts on the skin and so forth. I thought it might be a good idea for us all to learn more and maybe get some new ideas of fragrances worth trying?

Let me know if you think that's a good idea. :wavey:

I think it is a delightful idea. I know the nail polish thread has been a winner. Sad that we don't have some sort of a Smell-O-Forum feature like we can post pictures of nails, but descriptions and categories would still be helpful. That, and as Miracles posted, a list of sites for samples and/or sources of hard-to-find perfumes for those of us in the hinterlands. (That would be me. ;-) )

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1401533346|3683715 said:
Lorelei|1401376544|3682431 said:
Fellow Fume Heads, I had an idea for a new thread.

What would you all think if we made a thread titled Scent of the Day or something like that, those of us that would like to participate can post each day, or any day they wish to, what fragrance they are wearing and tell us a little bit about it? That way for those looking to enlarge their collections or try the scent in question can get an idea of what it's like, fragrances it's similar to, how long it lasts on the skin and so forth. I thought it might be a good idea for us all to learn more and maybe get some new ideas of fragrances worth trying?

Let me know if you think that's a good idea. :wavey:

I think it is a delightful idea. I know the nail polish thread has been a winner. Sad that we don't have some sort of a Smell-O-Forum feature like we can post pictures of nails, but descriptions and categories would still be helpful. That, and as Miracles posted, a list of sites for samples and/or sources of hard-to-find perfumes for those of us in the hinterlands. (That would be me. ;-) )

Excellent K and as Sharon has some brand new goodies to share with us :cheeky: , I will make a new thread! Also we can definitely add ideas of places that sell samples and HTF fragrance, it could be a great resource for us Fume Heads.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results