shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you take off your ring when someone wants to see it?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I let my husband and my best friend handle my stuff. And some PSers too. I have mostly colored stones though, so it's even scarier when thinking about damage because these aren't nearly as hard as diamonds. If they aren't a jeweler, or someone that's more trusted, they aren't getting their hands on my bling.

I will reach out and hold someone's hand to get a better view of the ring though. I assume if they have a problem with it, they will let me know. That's for family members and friends. Strangers get lots of staring! Which I'm sure makes them feel really comfortable. :wacko:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
PSer? Absolutely.
Stranger. Nope.
Family or friend, depends on context.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Not usually but since I hav to find new therapist because my old one retired ;( I had a second session with one I am considering and he was fascinated with the ring I was wearing--it's my avatar. So I took it off and let him check it out. He said it was "stunning". I wonder if he's just trying to drum up new business? :Up_to_something:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Just remember, anytime your ring is not on your finger there is a risk of it being lost, stolen or dropped. If it's well insured you can take that risk. I choose to leave my ring on my finger unless, of course, it's a PS gathering!

"Too hard to get off" is the best excuse.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on who it is. If it's someone I know pretty well, then yes, I pretty much automatically take it off if they want to see it more closely. If it's someone I don't know well, then no. Unless it's a jeweler. If a jeweler wants to examine it up close, sure thing. I'm asking to see all their rings, seems like fair play if they get to see mine too!

I don't worry about people dropping it - most people I know are considerably less klutzy than I am! I drop my jewelry almost daily and invariably run it over with my desk chair while trying to find it! I smash my hands into things all the time too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results