Do you surf the internet at work?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
does your boss know?... :Up_to_something:

lunch time!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, and no, my boss doesn't care. He would care if I didn't get my work done, but I do. He streams live sporting events at work all the time.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Not unless I have no patients or I'm not busy. I do it at lunch all the time though.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
If I'm not busy I do. I have to be there to answer the phone anyway. I'm not sure if my boss knows, I don't point it out to him. I also sometimes read a book.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do during my breaks, and if my bosses and colleagues see my surfing the net, they know I am at lunch and not to disturb me, as I get grouchy if they do.

DK :))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep and it's encouraged. I am mostly paid to "be there" and my workload varies. They don't care a whit. Though I often get bellowed at when the internet goes down. Lol

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only on my iPad at lunch.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only on lunch or breaks using my own iPad.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was working no. I don't have a computer anyway though the clinic where I work(ed) has to be EHR ready very soon so I guess within a few months internet ready they will be though I still would not want to use work computers to check out personal things. However on work breaks I would sometimes use my smartphone to check things out on the internet. But never on work time.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I surf on my break or during lunch if I stay in. Once in a while I have the internet open on a different monitor if I'm waiting on a report to run or something to compile. I don't know if my boss knows. I always assume he can see what I'm doing and adjust my surfing accordingly.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only when I'm not busy... I'm not sure my boss knows that I surf, but all of our pharmacies have internet access, so... :bigsmile: :halo:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
It's part of my job :) It can be a little tough to keep it on track sometimes, but I have to stay up on the current goings on, and I do lots of research.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would have gone stark raving mad without it :shifty: I resigned my job on Friday and my last activity there was to wipe everything off my computer. The dept IT staff are too busy to look, I kind of needn't have bothered.

When I was supervisory, the company had a de minimus policy about net surfing, assuming it wasn't **** or gambling.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very rarely, and only work related. I work with special needs students. Mostly, it would just be to log a student onto a math or reading website.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results