shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you subscribe to threads?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my time here, I''ve never subscribed to one. Do you like subscribing? What makes you subscribe to a thread? Does it work well?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I don''t subscribe to threads. On another website I post on, I accidently subscribed to thread that ended up going on and on and I had about 20-30 email notices in my hotmail in box! If I''m really interested in a thread, I go back through my post history and try and locate the thread.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never have but I always think about it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I do if it is a quieter thread which is of interest to me, that way I can keep up with it more easily.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried but it didn't work for me. I wanted to subscribe to the Healthy Lifestyle Thread (formerly WWT). I am probably doing something wrong, oh well?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to subscribe once, didn''t seem to work...probably did something wrong. I just feel sometimes that I work myself to death to keep up with threads and wonder how others seem to keep up with numerous ones with ease...or they, at least, respond in an appropriate amount of time when someone addresses them and I miss out on some threads completely for months...
emsad.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Years ago I had a "Whatever happened to Corey Haim?" moment. I found a messageboard, accidentally subscribed to a thread, and have not stopped being updated on Corey Haim since.

Corey Haim.

So no, haven''t done it here. I''m on here enough where I don''t have to anyway.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I do, on the Colored Stone Threads.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 5:01:19 PM
Author: luckystar112
Years ago I had a ''Whatever happened to Corey Haim?'' moment. I found a messageboard, accidentally subscribed to a thread, and have not stopped being updated on Corey Haim since.

Corey Haim.

So no, haven''t done it here. I''m on here enough where I don''t have to anyway.
snort, LOL, thanks for the laugh today, Luckystar!!!
giggly.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have knowing that I can un-subscribe anytime I choose to.
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 5:24:53 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I tried once and it didn''t work.

Hummmmmmmm, that is strange fiery, did you check the box that says track this topic?? I am sure you did though.

Linda

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 5:27:50 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 9/22/2008 5:24:53 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I tried once and it didn''t work.

Hummmmmmmm, that is strange fiery, did you check the box that says track this topic?? I am sure you did though.

Linda
Knowing me...I probably didn''t LOL

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, not always, but I definitely do sometimes. I think it''s a really handy feature when I want to be sure to get back to a certain thread sometime. Otherwise, I forget or can never find it again, etc., and I hate that! You can turn off the feature easily, too, once you no longer need to be subscribed.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I subscribe to the weekly HLT thread b/c sometimes it moves so fast its easier for me to just see peoples replies via email instead of having to go to the website and then remember whose reply I read last. Other times if it is just something interesting I will subscribe as well.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I finally got it to work, so how do I unsubscribe??? I subscribed to this thread just to test it out. You have to hit the checkmark for it to work, I think I forgot the checkmark part. eta: Nevermind, I figured it out, it is in the email you receive.
2.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I just tried it again....crossing my fingers....

ETA...nothing! What am I doing wrong?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, never...although maybe I should try it? Anyone have any glowing testimonies for subscribing?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 8:35:44 PM
Author: dianne

Did you click on the subscribe and there is a little box to click on to send to your email and then hit submit? Do you have the same email address?

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t, though I probably should, as I frequently respond to a thread then forget to check it later.
3.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t, though it would certainly help since I often post stuff and then forget I posted it.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
i tried it once a long time ago but it didn''t work. haven''t tried again since then.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 9:46:05 PM
Author: Skippy123

Did you click on the subscribe and there is a little box to click on to send to your email and then hit submit? Do you have the same email address?
Yes, yes, and yes. I just don't get it. I checked my profile under the Track Content and nothing shows there, either. I even get the confirmation box stating "Your subscription preferences have been saved. They will go into effect immediately. You will begin to receive new content as soon as new content it posted to the bulletin board."

I can't think of anything else to do!
7.gif

ETA: I just asked Admin to see if they have any suggestions.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 7:34:55 PM

Date: 9/22/2008 9:46:05 PM
Author: Skippy123

Yes, yes, and yes. I just don''t get it. I checked my profile under the Track Content and nothing shows there, either. I even get the confirmation box stating ''Your subscription preferences have been saved. They will go into effect immediately. You will begin to receive new content as soon as new content it posted to the bulletin board.''

I can''t think of anything else to do!
7.gif

ETA: I just asked Admin to see if they have any suggestions.
Admin hasn''t responded to my email from yesterday. I don''t have any blocked emails. Pooh! Giving up now...
7.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Won''t work for me either. So I forget about threads rather easily, unfortunately.
7.gif
Which sucks, because then I''ll randomly find them after they are closed or something else...

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: I meant to respond to Tuckins1 post...Sorry, Tuckins1, I didn't attach to your post.

I understand that you can receive an email when there are new posts to a particular thread/topic that you choose....For some reason I can't get it to work but Skippy did. See her previous posts where she was successful and then listed the steps for me to double-check that I did it right, if you are interested.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 6:59:35 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Won''t work for me either. So I forget about threads rather easily, unfortunately.
7.gif
Which sucks, because then I''ll randomly find them after they are closed or something else...
Me too! I''m still hoping Admin will contact me with alternate suggestions. If so, I''ll share!!
emteeth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results