Votes: 26 32.9%
  • 3. Version 3.0

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • 4. Version 4.0+

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Version 4.0 should be coming the next few months.

V1.0 Little illusion set chip from Kays. Wasn't exactly what I wanted, which was a diamond flanked by our birthstones.
V2.0 Diamond flanked by our birthstones..a Mother's ring from Sears..not the best quality stones but I didn't know that until I came here so I wore it from 2001 to 2009 when I got
V3.0 Bezel set lavender spinel that still wasn't right..so that was sold to put towards
V4.0 Five stone AVC band

I don't have any of the other versions and now just wear my semi bezel yellow chrysoberyl until the five stone is complete.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had my ring since 2005, and the setting itself hasn't changed, but I upgraded each diamond (it's a 3 stone) to BGD Signature stones in the same diameter as the originals. So it is basically the same ring that DH proposed with, but with cleaner, better cut stones. Happy me :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had my original for almost 10 years before it was lost/stolen. I would not have even considered a new stone/setting if that hadn't happened. I loved what I had and the sentiment behind it (being from DH, how it almost fell in the River Seine when he proposed, etc.). Of course, then, I wouldn't have found PS....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have my original engagement ring (from February 1977). My husband and I picked it together during the weekend that we went down to Genoa by train from Paris so that I could meet his parents! I would never, voluntarily, give that up.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

AGBFEngagementRingItalia.jpg

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1324475504|3085981 said:
I still have my original engagement ring (from February 1977). My husband and I picked it together during the weekend that we went down to Genoa by train from Paris so that I could meet his parents! I would never, voluntarily, give that up.

Deb/AGBF

I love this ring, its beautiful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1324475504|3085981 said:

Deb/AGBF

Wow, beautiful Deb and I love how you met his parents!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Nearly six years on I still have the ring, its been lost then found and now it is too small for me (unsizeable). It was replaced with a solitaire when I lost the original but I rushed into choosing and its not really my kind of thing at all so it never gets worn. I received a set for my 30th/birth of second child which I wear now.

As time goes on have begun to feel quite sentimental about the original ring, I designed it and had it made and I think I would like to have it remade to fit me one day.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I do, but it started out in the wrong metal color (jeweler's fault) hubby proposed with the wrong ring, dropped the ring back at the jewelers to be remade in the right metal same day after the proposal :wacko:

Anyways, as for my 5 yr anniversary ring solitaire - No i don't have the original, upgraded, reset, reset, reset, reset.. not sure how many times, change diamond shape, reset, reset, and finally change diamond shape again, reset reset. and now I'm done with the five year anniversary upgraded e-ring :cheeky:

onto my 10th now :cheeky: I've since realized what I want to accomplish with my jewelry hunt and Ive decided I'm comfortable with the carat weight/size I have and now I just want all different diamond cuts and eventually be able to pass these diamond rings to my children and grand children (and they can reset the diamonds all they want to :bigsmile: since my style is probably not theirs).

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've worn my engagement ring for nearly ten years, and barring mishaps, will be wearing it when I die. ;))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ops I forgot to answer. Not sure where my answer fits in with the poll. I did have my original ering for 8 years and then lost it in our house remodel. I picked the same exact setting but a tiny bit bigger stone so pretty much the same. so I guess yes! :wacko:

eta: If I never lost my ring I would have never found PS and would have had the original ring forever, I think!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I traded in my entire original e-ring when I upgraded in April.

I had my original e-ring from September 2007 to April 2011.

I realized that I chose the wrong style with my original ring, and asked my jeweler to keep an eye out for the right antique stone for me. It took about three years, but we found it, and I'm pretty certain I won't upgrade or change this one.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I had mine for about 6 years and then had to sell it to cover unforseen medical bills for dd. Had that not happened I never would have changed it.

It took awhile to determine what I did want, once we could afford to do something again. I loved my 3 stone but didn't want to do another one because I had tried to (with sims) and it just hurt me. It wasn't *my* ring.

After searching for years I knew I wanted a DBL piece, I just wasn't sure what. Once I saw the HAL-1 I knew that was it. I also knew I wanted at least 18k gold-either yellow or pink. I also knew I wanted fancy shape. I was between pear and asscher when the universe kinda stepped in and decided for me. SO now I have the HAL-1 in 18k pink gold with a pear. I adore it. I would have been just as happy with an asscher so I'm glad the choice was taken out of my hands! I won't upgrade if I can help it. I may, however acquire a few other pieces! Right now I have 2 DBL rings (ering and rhr) and a pendant. I'm in the process of paying off the earrings. After that I'll be looking to increase my collection-over time of course. But not upgrading!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Same e-ring for 6 years.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yup. I'll never part with it.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am on version 3.0 right now:

v 1.0 .57 ct round in a pave eternity setting with matching wedding band
v 1.5 upgraded to a .83ct. (same setting and wedding band) about a year after getting married
v 2.0 same stone placed into a three stone setting, paired with non-matchy wedding band
v 3.0 same stone placed in a half bezel style setting, kept the same wedding band from version 2.0. I did this for comfort reasons. My current setting, which I love, sits very low and does not have prongs that get caught on things

My last setting change was in 2010 and I have no plans to make any other changes until maybe, possibly the 10 year mark. Although as we all know, when you hang around PS long enough drooling over other people's settings and center stones, those plans not to change anything are easily pushed to the side!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
My original ring was stolen after I'd worn it for 40 years. It was, to say the least, heart-breaking.

I started to look for a replacement and found another diamond forum and eventually chose a 1.77c princess which I had set with trillions on either side. By the time the ring was made, we had been married for 42 years.

I have no real regrets other than not knowing about Pricescope or its vendors until after the ring was made.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had mine for three years and no thoughts of changing it yet :appl: I chose an eternity band for an engagement ring though, so I think that has something to do with it. I just like the look of band rings - had I gone a more traditional route, I believe I would have had some DSS at this point.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have the original e-ring with an upgraded diamond from Good Old Gold. It is my summer ring, because it is still a very modest and easy to wear sized diamond solitaire. My 25th anniversary ring is my big diamond (1.5 ct) and I wear it in the winter because the setting is low and gloves go on easily over it.

old21ptering.JPG

isee24427.JPG

ISEE24388.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops I voted original thinking it was 'ring' itself. Not sure what Version I'd be if you consider the stone. 4.0? Hehe.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I wear the original every day. I've had it almost thirty years. It is one of those yellow gold high set solitaires about 1/3 carat rings that are often mentioned dismissively on Pricescope (actually it is .39 carat) and I love it. It represents so much to me that I think it would look beautiful to me whether it was objectively or not; but I had it appraised for insurance purposes and the jeweller said the diamond was of a high quality. It's certainly a sparkler.

At the time that we got engaged, .39 was an impressive ring. We got engaged just after the price of diamonds spike thirty years ago and all but one of my friends had much smaller--.25 was a good size in those days and many had .10 or .15. The one friend had a WHOLE half a carat, which was amazing to us. I was startled the first time I was let to know that my LARGE engagement had become small with the passing of years and the changing of standards and I still feel surprised to read Pricescope and see younger people's ideas about what size a ring 'should' be.
The idea of 'upgrading' is alien to me. I first got on Pricescope because I wanted a 25th anniversary ring and got a lovely solitaire in platinum. It's .66. I did try it on my left hand for a day or so, but it wasn't MY engagement ring and it became an RHR. Knowing I can't switch out my 'real' engagement ring, I let my husband buy me a large pair of earrings the next time he wanted to give me a present. Then sometime later I saw what would have been a 'dream' ring in the 80's--a 1.25 marquise in a big, thick ring with lots of sidestones and I got that--just because. I wear that as a right hand ring sometimes. I jsut can't wear anything on the left but the original and I feel naked without that particular ring on my hand, along with my wedding band.

I have to say, the marquise is the largest I would ever consider wearing on my hand. I have quite little fingers and the space between my palm and first knuckle is small. Rings look gaudy on me very quickly. So part of the reason I don't switch out my original e-ring is not only sentiment but disliking the look of large rings, except as fun rings, on ME. As a RHR, I can take a 1 carat diamond off or on as I please but as an engagement ring I'd have to/want to wear it everyday and that wouldnt' be comfortable for me.

I know I sound strange, because everything I read on P'scope is so different, but this is jsut the way I am about what I wear (don't care about anybody else), and no apologies necessary for that.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I still have my original diamond but changed from a halo to a solitaire/three stone design! I don't think I would ever give up our engagement diamond because it has such sentimental value to me. If I ever upgrade, I will probably keep it and give it to our daughter. :love: I can't imagine upgrading because I'm so thrilled with my ring that the size is lovely to me. Who knew it was all about the setting?

AGBF, I love your e-ring!!!!!!! That is so beautiful. It always makes me stop and stare. Lovely!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Wearing my original with no plans to change, we've been engaged about a year and a half.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my original unchanges e-ring almost 6 years later.

Shock of shocks ;)) .

I reset it at one point but ended up setting my engagement sapphire back in its original mount. I rarely wear it though, the mount is not comfortable or practical for a RHR (too high set). I think I will reset it at some point, maybe. Or keep it for the sentiment it reflects. It is the only piece of jewelery my husband has ever picked and bought for me with no help!

satine112

Rough_Rock
So i'm reopening a new topic! lol

I've been married 11 years and nope, i don't have my original ring anymore. I guess i regret trading it all in (like i could have kept the band, but it's too late)

original ring was a white gold, round channel set with a 4 prong head holding a 3/4 ct RBC. I think it was a J I1. We were young and poor.

Then, we traded in that diamond about 2-3 years later for a 1.75 diamond. the color was good, the clarity wasn't, there was a feather on the edge and of course, it chipped. So we brought it back and traded it in for a really nice 1 ct rbc. dont' remember the specs.

Then about a year later, i saw a halo at the store. the first one at shaneco (where we had originally gone and did all our subsequent upgrading), so i traded in my set for a RBC halo set (it was a Christopher design).

Then last year i traded in the center stone for a better quality stone.

then for 10 year anniversary i got a 4 stone daussi cushion ring.

and now, here i am again - i traded in my christopher set for a square halo to accomodate a 1 1/4 square cushion. I'm not happy with the diamond though and am looking to return it for a better one.

yikes. LOL

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I had mine for about 13 years and kept the stone/changed the setting. I went from a solitaire with a bit of pave & a matchy-matchy pave wedding band, to a halo setting with a handful of white diamond and colored diamond eternity bands to mix and match (in various colors of rose gold, platinum, and yellow gold).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results