shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have anything engraved inside your w-band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Did you, or your hubbie, have anything engraved inside your w-bands? If so, what?

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
marvel: I have our wedding date and his name engraved in mine, he has our wedding date and my name engraved in his ring.

there was a similar topic to this a while ago...i''ll try to look for it and post the link for you..

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
On our wedding bands, have engraved ...

For Better 9/20/87.

There''s a story behind this.

While my DH and I were on our honeymoon in Madrid, Spain, we were mugged by two men in Retiro Park in broad daylight.They put a knife to my DH''s throat--VERY SCARY. Among the things they stole was our original wedding bands. They also got $50 cash, a camera and a Swatch watch that I loved dearly. I still get upset about it -- even after 18 years.

We reported the robbery to the Madrid Police. While at the station, my DH misconjugated his verbs. Instead of saying "We have been robbed," he said "We have robbed someone!!!!!" The officer looked at us and said, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah and handed us some forms. Luckily, I did not bring my e-ring on the trip.

Wacky things that happened as a result. The ensuing hotels in Spain did not believe we were married and put us in rooms with 2 twin beds on opposite sides of the room.

I also pulled the worst nutty of my life in Madrid''s airport on the way home. You have to understand that on the Iberia airplanes I flew earlier on the trip, I heard weird clanking noises. I used to be a white knuckle flyer.

We went to the airport 2 hours early and the only seats they could give us together were the last row, in the smoking section in the rear of the plane. (I am a militant anti-smoker.) When the Iberia gate agent told us our seats, something within me snapped. I started yelling, "What do you mean the last 2 seats in smoking!" at the top of my lungs, over and over again.

A British man behind me said " Hey lady, calm down!" I remember turning my head and thinking to myself, " I am a dragon." and screamed F*** Y** and ran away in tears. My DH must have been wondering, what did I marry?

Luckily, my DH is a kind and diplomatic and he traded with people for seats together not in smoking.

So when we got home we decided the old bands were "for worse."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results