shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a favorite crossbody bag?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been looking for a new bag. My favorite bags are usually Dooney and Bourke or B Makowsky, but my Dooneys are just so heavy.

I would love a crossbody bag with a top handle or shoulder strap as well. I love an outside pocket and a secure top. I would also love a bag in blue. I have found a couple that I like but would love to hear if you have found one you adore.

Here is what I have found. The Marc Jacobs is about $428. I don't usually spend that much on a bag, but maybe after Christmas I can find it on sale. Saks has it in a gorgeous blue. It only has a flap so the top is not that secure,and it has no outside pocket. I am not sure if my ipad would fit inside for travel. The lining is a little busy and I am not sure if it would be hard to find things inside.

The Fossil is $128. and in a blue/gray color. Might be a tad small, but has an outside pocket and a wallet pocket on the back. No top handles.

The perfect bag for me would be about 12 x 12, with a short and long handle, and outside pockets and a good lining that makes it easy to see what is inside. Lots of organization, great leather and not too heavy. The Marc Jacobs weighs less that 2 lbs.

Anyone have one they love?

1729465-p-DETAILED.jpg

0409328909857R_CINDIGO_300x400.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite bag brand is Linea Pelle, lpcollection.com. The Dylan Zip Tote and the Dylan Medium Tote specifically. The Medium is crossbody. I am buying another in January when the color I prefer comes back for Spring :) I love LOVE LOVE LOVE love the leather. I have been so spoiled by their divine washed leather. The Zip tote itself is quite heavy, I didn't find the medium as bad.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Ame! I have actually never heard of Linea Pelle! Oh my gosh, but she makes some gorgeous bags! i liked the Alex Zipp Speedy i saw at ebags.com in blue! i love the Dylan too. I have a bag by Sorial that I love for traveling, but it is just a tad too big. At the end of a trip I always feel like I have been carrying a 20 lb kid on my hip! Thanks for the great suggestion!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have been on a quest for a great crossbody that is stylish and not too heavy also! it's not easy to find!

lately i have been carrying this dooney: http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=46484

it's smaller than you want and doesn't have the handles (also a feature i wish more had), but it IS light and it has the outside pockets that i find convenient for keys and phone. the strap is adjustable and can go long, which i like. it's a very conservative style, but with the right coat it does look very classy, and of course the color you get makes a difference. it doesn't have that 'omg this leather is orgasmic' thing going on, but it is leather and wears very well (easy to wipe clean and a-ok in rain/snow).

i find it very easy to carry and get my stuff in and out of - perfect for hands-free shopping. it has never got heavy or tiring to carry, unlike all of my other (larger, orgasmic-leather) crossbodies.

good luck finding one you love!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I have a bag by Sorial that I love. Its perfect size to fit my ipad.
I think I paid like $300 for it last year but you can probably find it on sale now for about 100

here is a link to a review. It's the last purse of the page (the pink one)
http://www.rinnysbeautydiary.com/2011/07/collective-handbag-haul-asos-nordstrom.html

I have it in the charcoal silver color.

ETA: the bag looks bigger in the review when the girl is holding it than it does in person. Mine is just big enough to comfortably fit my ipad in without struggling.

_6106520.jpg

Screen shot 2011-12-23 at 3.12.24 PM.png

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies crack me up! Do have the same tastes. My two favorites are my Sorial and my Dooney's! I have the Dooney in brown and black. it is just a bit too heavy, but I love it. The Sorial is a bit too big, but it is in a soft leather, but it has faded quite. I cant figure out how to upload a pic from the ipad since I cant get the photo to my desktop like the computer. I will work on that later!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean my Dooney is way to heavy to do any all day shopping. I am looking for something small and crossbody.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
ame|1324667812|3087603 said:
My favorite bag brand is Linea Pelle, lpcollection.com. The Dylan Zip Tote and the Dylan Medium Tote specifically. The Medium is crossbody. I am buying another in January when the color I prefer comes back for Spring :) I love LOVE LOVE LOVE love the leather. I have been so spoiled by their divine washed leather. The Zip tote itself is quite heavy, I didn't find the medium as bad.

These are for sale today on Rue La La for $129. They are listed under "The Gifts You Didn't Get".

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agh... That site frustrates me....all sold out! Thanks for the headsup though! I am just late!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
autumngems|1324860548|3088513 said:
I know what you mean my Dooney is way to heavy to do any all day shopping. I am looking for something small and crossbody.

Autumn, i have a few small crossbodies, but they don't hold quite enough for me. I do like Tignanello. They make an organizer bag that is great and pretty inexpensive and I sometimes use that for day trips. Qvc carries that brand and I have also seen them at places like Marshall's and TJMaxx.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I actually really violently love Rebecca Minkoff's Morning After Bag line. I have one of the straightforward ones for traveling, a Dear tote for workdays, and I just got myself a Morning After Mini for light days of wandering around. V. comfortable! Alternately, if you want the lightest bag possible with still a little bit of style - get a Tumi. Light as a feather, durable as a tank.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 'Dear tote, Circe! That looks about perfect. It might me a little of the weighty side, but I can't find one anywhere. I like the 'Morning After' line but I think those look reaaally great on the super skinny, but I think it might add a little bit to much bulk to me.

The tumi is a little bit of a industrial travel look. I am sure it is great, but not exactly what I am looking for.

Usually, I like a very structured bag, but I am willing to step out of my comfort zone. I would have never even looked at Rebecca Minkoff or Linea Pelle but they have some lovely bags.

I am really liking the Alex zipp speedy in the midnight color. I just gave my daughter a few Dooney that she liked so I have a little room in my closet!

513e+BqPzQL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1324684465|3087765 said:
You ladies crack me up! Do have the same tastes. My two favorites are my Sorial and my Dooney's! I have the Dooney in brown and black. it is just a bit too heavy, but I love it. The Sorial is a bit too big, but it is in a soft leather, but it has faded quite. I cant figure out how to upload a pic from the ipad since I cant get the photo to my desktop like the computer. I will work on that later!

lol, that's the color combo i have too! you have great taste. ;))

i forgot to mention - as much as i didn't want to, i did take off the dooney duck tag as it added too much weight (brass duck on it). once i did that, the bag was much lighter to carry. do you leave the tag on your dooneys?

i also switched from a leather wallet (agh! didn't want to do this either) to this: http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=44600.... it's much lighter and the organization works really well for me (important/often used cards in bottom zip, cards i need but don't use as often in second zip, and money/receipts in main pocket). i make sure to empty any coins often, so now it's really my keys and phone that contribute the most weight.

*edited for punctuation
... and again for spelling punctuation wrong! :rolleyes:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
p.s. since you like dooney's too... have you seen this one? http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=49143

i have been eyeing it for a while now. the alto line is supposedly made in italy and high quality, and it looks like it might be fairly lightweight. i love the divider feature, and just wish it had a handle. it looks like the strap is adjustable which i hope it is, because 22" is too short for my comfort when going crossbody.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, another crossbody that i have and fits all your criteria is the 'whisper to me midi' from belen echandia. the right size, outside pocket, the three straps - crossbody (which can come off), shoulder (which can also come off), and two handles. oh and there is a removable shoulder 'pad' on the crossbody strap which is nice. ETA: the pics don't show the crossbody and shoulder straps, but they are part of it (again, removable, and the crossbody is super adjustable from wicked long to pretty short)

they are in the UK and i can't get their site to show US dollars, but the price is around $500 i think, and that is bespoke (you choose the leather). it's 11.5" x 14.5" and you can choose options such as a hidden full size pocket on one side and/or a divider pouch with zipper. you choose the lining; i went with fuscia (sp?) and i can see everything i need to. it's very light in and of itself, so what you add to it will make the difference weight-wise. at the time, i was carrying a heavy wallet, keychain, phone, etc. so it wasn't comfortable for long periods, but i think i've pared down the weight of what i carry and i imagine this bag would fit the bill. hmmmm, writing this is making me want to take it out again!

even though it's pricy, it feels very luxurious (great leathers!) and being able to customize it is pretty sweet.

http://www.belenechandia.com/becouture/couture_step1.aspx?intId=4908034

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I really like those! They are gorgeous! A bit pricey for me though. But, wow, are the stunning!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohh, I found this Betsy Johnson on sale. What do you think? It is kind of a funky but cool metallic blue. I am kinda liking it, but I am
not sure if I will grow tired of it. It has a crossbody strap that I am not sure can be seen in the photo.

1627412-t-THUMBNAIL.jpg

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1325043635|3089759 said:
Ooooohh, I found this Betsy Johnson on sale. What do you think? It is kind of a funky but cool metallic blue. I am kinda liking it, but I am
not sure if I will grow tired of it. It has a crossbody strap that I am not sure can be seen in the photo.

I love it!!! Where did you find it? I think that color would go with everything. I tend to wear neutral/earth tones, so I like to add color with handbags and accessories.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to Ame, I ordered this today. I thought about it for about a week, and did some other shopping and realized it was exactly what I wanted. I ordered it from amazon at a pretty good discount of 369. It is more than I would normally pay for a bag but I just really grew to love it. I hope I love it as much when I see it, if not I can return it.

I was seriously thinking about getting the Betsey Johnson at Zappos, but when I went to look at it again it had sold out. I wonder if a few
lurking PS'ers got them. I should have thought about that before I posted, but not to worry, this was the one I really wanted.

It looks to be a lovely shade of blue, with an outside pocket for my cell and a crossbody strap. It look big enough that I can shove my
kindle, ipad and mini hair dryer that I always take on trips with me.

Thank you again Ame, for your suggestion. Without your input I would have never discovered Linea Pelle!

81z0iVVPjOL._SL1500_.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous l2s! i hope you love it in person, it looks like a total joy to carry!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Vuitton.

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainydaze|1325634190|3094397 said:
ok, you have me lookin' at purses now, lol, and i came across this: http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=45201

i don't recall seeing that one recently, but just now, there it was. they've got it in blue, too. i love the one you chose :love: and just figured i would post this one in case the LP doesn't work out for some reason.

I am a dooney girl, rainydaze! I have a whole closet of them! I LOVE the short handled tote, and have it in both brown and black, but I wanted to step out of the dooney box just a bit! That looks like a great bag!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1325631567|3094355 said:
Thanks to Ame, I ordered this today. I thought about it for about a week, and did some other shopping and realized it was exactly what I wanted. I ordered it from amazon at a pretty good discount of 369. It is more than I would normally pay for a bag but I just really grew to love it. I hope I love it as much when I see it, if not I can return it.

I was seriously thinking about getting the Betsey Johnson at Zappos, but when I went to look at it again it had sold out. I wonder if a few
lurking PS'ers got them. I should have thought about that before I posted, but not to worry, this was the one I really wanted.

It looks to be a lovely shade of blue, with an outside pocket for my cell and a crossbody strap. It look big enough that I can shove my
kindle, ipad and mini hair dryer that I always take on trips with me.

Thank you again Ame, for your suggestion. Without your input I would have never discovered Linea Pelle!
Woohoo!!! Absolutely! I can't wait to hear what you think! Was it Amazon direct or is LP on Amazon now as a seller?

If I recall correctly that was a gorgeous navy.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's super cute but I'd have to buy a new wallet to fit into something "only" 12 inches wide! Here's my wallet, and it's like 10x5 or something insane when closed. I have one in orange and one in green.

247236_1925934220499_1006466371_32113464_7634018_n.jpg

255425_1934950925911_1006466371_32125745_1812484_n.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canuk-gal, I really liked the Louis Vuiiton. It was really well priced. My first thought was, 'there is no way I can afford a Louis Vuiiton".
But alas, I was really longing for a blue bag.

Ame, I am so glad you saw this because I really wanted to thank you for your suggestion! :wavey: :appl: I love your Tumi wallet in bright
green! Very easily seen in a handbag which is so important. I have one of similar shape in black and it makes me a little crazy in a bag with a dark lining.(aka the big black hole!) The funny thing is I carry a good size bag but I really don't carry that much stuff with me on a daily basis. But I like to be able to fit my kindle and sometimes and ipad and a bottle of water with me. The water bottle can put me over the top of what will fit even with just the kindle.

I am looking forward to getting it. I haven't told my DH I bought it yet. I have a serious handbag addiction, well maybe not addiction but I do have a closet full. I had to give some to my DD because they wouldn't stay on the shelves any longer! :o But we didn't buy gifts for each other for Christmas. That never really works out because I end up feeling like I need to treat myself after christmas!

I bought it from Amazon directly and it was the one of only two places I could find that color on the net. The other was full price at 425.
and I was not going to pay full price! The other colors could be found for as little as $303.

Gypsy, the Chole is lovely! I hope you can find it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I REALLY want a specific color/bag combo and it's out, I will pay full price for it. But normally I get them at or below $300, I like to watch Aster Alice bec they often have "flash sales" with them really "cheap" for LP. I cannot wait to hear what you think. I find their leather DIVINE. Its thick and buttery and amazing. So amazing I haven't been able to find a bag worthy of "Replacing" it! I am almost positive the navy came in the same washed leather.

The wallets are TUMI. I bought the orange and the green bec I loved both. The leather on those is nice. I am using the Green and the Orange is the backup. I need to own a bright color or I cannot find anything in my abyss.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results