AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1429787784|3866329 said:
iLander|1429756434|3866220 said:
momhappy|1429745180|3866109 said:
House Cat|1429743767|3866093 said:
momhappy|1429743061|3866087 said:
I was curious about Vera, so I went on her web site.
...​
Most of them in the 2016 collection are completely see-through almost from head to toe. Who wears these???

Maybe no one wears them. Maybe these dresses are just a creative outlet for Vera?

Yes, certainly not all runway fashion is meant for the real world. However, runway fashion usually inspires some real world trends, so I'm guessing that the see-through look may carry over in one form or another.

Swell. That's just what we need: poorly done sheer bridal gowns.

Yes, at least we knew these were made by incredibly talented designers. Even the ones I didn't care for still seemed to have sort of a dreamy, elegant quality to them that would surely be lost in translation ;-)

I think the comments above are really insightful. I know that designers go overboard with their dresses (and other pieces) in an effort to show new directions in which they would like to go. I did not really expect my friends' children to be walking down the aisles of their local churches in dresses exactly like the first one by Vera Wang. Many churches would not allow it, not that all my friends' children get married in church! But I did...and I think even the super liberal Unitarian Universalist Church where I got married would have been a bit scandalized by the original version of the Vera Wang dress. Not that I had the figure to wear it! Unlike most brides, I put on weight right before my wedding! I was very glad to have a nice, conservative gown with petticoats to hide any recently caused flaws!

AGBF

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
depends on style - personal style. I think most are ugly as sin but I'm old.. I don't think much of mermaid, drop waist because why would one want to be somewhat uncomfortable on a magic (hopefully) day... many people buy the first dress they try on.. I did!

added: I should always read the comments first :) yes I knew that these were concept gowns but I didn't find anything practical for a girl who is say size 14 (avg in USA I think).. I very much agree with a poster above about strapless wedding gowns, I am SICK of them.. I have been so many weddings in the last 4 years as my sons are at the age when people marry.. and every one of them had a strapless gown, whether it was flattering or NOT. It is a personal, happy, stress filled day and girls should wear what they want but it is nice to see something beyond strapless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results