shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you blog?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't remember if this was been brought up before, but I thought I'd see if others are into blogging as much as I am. I've been following blogs related to my field for about a year now, and I just began my own. I know virtually nothing about blogging or the terms associated with it but I'm learning. It's been really fun and I love how mine is shaping up. What do you blog about? What blogs do you follow?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have one that I suck at doing updates on. I usually review things. Places. Products. whatever. Mostly makeup stuff and the like. But like I said, I suck at updating.

I read lots of them when Im painfully bored, usually makeup related, a few fashioney ones, racked.com is one I like...And iMore or TIPB or whatever the hell it's called now for iPhone stuffs. I also read the new makeup one from Natalie Dee the girl that does cartoons. I think it's someting like stuff I put on myself. I like Trend Diaries to gawk at celebrities. PurseBlog. Hyperbole and a half which has not been updated in forever. Domestic Divinity I like too, that's a lovely girl from Australia. I like Sterling Style. Blonde Ambition Blog...ummmm A TONNNNNNNNN of wedding ones, Southern Weddings is one I really like. Preston Bailey's is good too. WedLuxe is one of my favorites. I love JosieGirl too (it's Josie Natori's daughter in law!). I also read some related to graphics. Clients from Hell and the like. This Advertising Life.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe--I wish we could share blogs on PS, because I blog about our field! I just started it last year as part of my research on social media, and I love it!

I started the blog with a plan to focus on reading skills, and reinforcing/presenting them in a new way for my students. BUT, it turned out that they were more interested in what I can only call "reading culture"--so I ended up blogging about the books I read and buy, things readers wish writers would know, and various book love posts. I do a bit of blogging about teaching and learning.

It's been really great for me because I've met a lot of great literacy educators in the process. I also maintained a Twitter account during the school year and used it to tweet about reading and literacy events and news, and met a ton of people through that.

All that being said, my most popular blog posts are my nerdy little odes to literacy, where I share some of the totally embarrassing book love lyrics that I put to 90s music. :cheeky:

I follow book and educator bloggers, as well as a lot of independent writers. The indie writers have been amazing with helping me run my college's yearly NaNoWriMo programs.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I guess I could blog on how I make baby food and raising twins boys. :bigsmile: send me your blog Zoe!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I don't write any blogs, but I do read a few entertaining ones.

Is there a reason you can't post a blog title or link? Just curious.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stacy--I think it's against PS policy to link to our own personal sites or other places that contain our personal information.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I'll blog when I'm traveling, about wherever I happen to be, daily. It saves rehashing the same stories for people when we get home, as they can read the daily updates. It's average writing - a bit of wit, a bit of observation, a bit of analysis. I'm having a hard time keeping up with it this time though - we're nearly on Day 23 of our holiday, and I only just finished Day 20 tonight. :knockout:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, I know you blog and I'm dying to check it out. I'd also love to show you mine to get some feedback. Mine will serve as a newsletter to parents, and I'll also include pics and maybe videos of my kids throughout the year as they work on various projects. I also have a few pages of links, both links of sites for kids to visit to practice skills they've learned, but also links for parents who'd like tips on helping their child with math and reading.

I wish there was a way we could get in touch. I mean, I know there are ways but I know how private you are...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, Zoe! Hmmmm . . . are you a member of our biggest professional organization? They have a great blog, too! They feature an active member every month, I think you might recognize one of the members from the past, oh I don't know, four to six months. That's one way to find other reading educators . . . ;)) ;))

(Am I being obscure enough??? :cheeky: )

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally obscure enough! :cheeky: To be honest, I let my membership go but I was planning on getting it again. I'll do it soon and check out the blog.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wayyyyyyyy too obscure Haven!! I may be in Chicago in October and wanted to "find" you... What is this association's name? :cheeky:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, okay, which one should I get? Online or basic? I couldn't find anything that tells me what I get with basic that I wouldn't get with online only. RT journal or RRQ? I'd rather not clutter my house with magazines that I may or may not read consistently (being honest), but I could do it I suppose.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Online or basic? I didn't know the options were available! I think I must have the basic membership. I get RT and RRQ, (and JAAL, actually,) but they are totally different. RT is more of a magazine style, much more readable, and I feel like I take away more little tips from it that I can use regularly. RRQ is all serious research, any where from K-12, so sometimes only a couple pieces will appeal to me in the entire journal. So, RT if you want fun reading that can inspire, and RRQ if you want to stay on top of the research people are doing.

You don't have to be a member to check out the blog. Find me! My email is on my blog!

Miracles--Don't worry, I figured only Zoe would "get" it! When you come to Chicago, we'll post in the members only GTG forum. I do NOT want to miss an opportunity to hang out with you again!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait! I must have online membership, too! I get emails whenever a journal is published online and I have online access to them. Honestly, I don't know if that's necessary (for me) because I hate reading longer pieces online.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Phew! That will be much easier. Yayayayaya, I can't wait! :appl:

Someone once suggested I start a blog and call it: The Genetically Modified Ramblings of a Designer Hippie. It's soooooo tempting. :naughty:

ETA: Hey Zoe Bartlett!! LTNS! I hope everything is peachy with you. :wavey:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
miraclesrule|1340406474|3222094 said:
Phew! That will be much easier. Yayayayaya, I can't wait! :appl:

Someone once suggested I start a blog and call it: The Genetically Modified Ramblings of a Designer Hippie. It's soooooo tempting. :naughty:

ETA: Hey Zoe Bartlett!! LTNS! I hope everything is peachy with you. :wavey:
Um, and you haven't started it yet???? I would read your blog! DO IT! DO IT!!!!!!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I will. I promise. I just need to buy a new home computer first. I swear I am going to do that in the next 30 days.
Then it will probably happen, because I was born to "express" myself. Not to be confused with Madonna lyrics though. :nono:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, those options are available. I often fine RRQ dry and it only holds my interest if I happen to be doing research on something. I prefer TRT because like you said, it's easier to walk away with tidbits. Oh, I know you don't have to be a member to go to the forum, but it probably didn't come across that way above.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Miracles! Good to see you!

Haven, does T2T and Engage/T2T mean anything to you? Please say it does so I know I'm in the right place.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, they do! A very engaging blog, don't you think?
I might March myself over there right now to do some more reading. :cheeky:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I do have a blog (interior design oriented) but I haven't updated it in a while. To be honest, it felt a little narcissistic and self indulgent to me. Why should anyone care about what I'm thinking or interested in? When Pinterest came along, it was a better fit for me. I will get over those feelings,though, and start back up again because it's good for business.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ame, I love reading reviews on products. I research everything and it's helpful to read reviewers' opinions on various items.

Justginger, travel blogs are so much fun to read!

Hera, I would totally follow your blog (and Miracles, too! :cheeky: )! I love decorating blogs. It's fun to see how others put items in a room together and make it work. I also love learning about colors, textures, and patterns and how to tie everything together in a space.

I think this is kind of addicting. How am I spending my Saturday night? Why, by writing about reading and math, if course! What? Is that lame? :cheeky: I need to go to bed.

Haven, I don't know how you have time for everything you do. Your blog is fantastic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results