carat
color
clarity

Do You Believe in Signs?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I wouldn't even give the opposite a thought. The example above(green lights, open elevators) might strike me, whereas some red lights would be thought of as normal. Actually I do believe in what we call luck. I don't really believe in signs, but I would have noticed such a sequence of events. I would have attributed it to luck.

I also don't believe the opposite would have to be true. The red lights don't signal that its a sign that fate wants an individual to die, it would fall under the heading of the usual. Both sequences are random, but one would be more noticed than the other.(at least by me).

annette

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1447444423|3949346 said:
Hi,

I wouldn't even give the opposite a thought. The example above(green lights, open elevators) might strike me, whereas some red lights would be thought of as normal. Actually I do believe in what we call luck. I don't really believe in signs, but I would have noticed such a sequence of events. I would have attributed it to luck.

I also don't believe the opposite would have to be true. The red lights don't signal that its a sign that fate wants an individual to die, it would fall under the heading of the usual. Both sequences are random, but one would be more noticed than the other.(at least by me).

annette

What I'm hearing is you believe in this magic/luck/whev only when it supports the narrative that appeals to you.

True when you like it.
Not true when you don't.

I'm not criticizing you.
The vast majority of people do what you do.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that I definitely try to look for positive signs as a way to get through the sh!t.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Luck goes both ways. Its a concept, I think we all use. You can have good luck or bad luck. If you find $5 its good luck, if you lose $5 its bad luck. Green lights are good luck, an accident would be bad luck, not red lights. But as you said many people only want to see the good luck. You know how the gambler only can remember his winning days. Thinking is selective often, so truth becomes elusive at times. Memory is selective. You want to say that because someone remembers an incident as luck or extraordinary, that makes them deny reality or truth as you like to put it.

I had green lights, open elevator doors, and to top it off, a top surgeon was in the emergency room. That's my truth. Good Luck, I say. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you are right.
Luck is a concept.
But not everyone uses it.
I resist using it.

Luck is not out there.
Luck happens inside minds.

Things just happen, some I like and some I don't like.

BTW, I love that saying, "The harder I work the luckier I get".

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the saying "in life we make our own luck" most businessmen and women argue they are successful in life because they went out and made their own luck.... or created opportunities to become lucky so to speak.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results