shape
carat
color
clarity

DO THIS About Trump in 2018

iLander

Ideal_Rock
If you're Serious about Trump, and actually want to shorten this misery to 2 years not 4 or possible (shudder) 8, then we need to take back the Senate.

Here's the map showing the Senate seats we need to do take back. To "make our country ours again".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2018

People tend to vote a LOT less in off-year elections, so your vote will "weigh" more. Add that to your friends, relatives, co-workers, FB friends, and neighbors, imagine how much weight we can throw around.

Unless you just want to stand idly by . . .

Even if you want to "wait and see", "see how it goes", etc., remember laws affecting your (reproductive or gay or women's or just plain human) rights are usually Made and Written by the legislative branch. THESE guys are the ones to worry about. Their check and balance is gone.

I'm on it. How about you?

senate_results.png

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also recommend making a recurring donation to the ACLU. (The recurring donations or membership joining are not tax-deductible. You may also make tax-deductible donations but that money can't be used for as much. And realistically... those of us who are spending our free money on bling probably don't need to worry too hard about tax deductions.) I signed up with a $100/month recurring donation.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/if-donald-trump-implements-his-proposed-policies-well-see-him-court

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On it!!!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
What Republicans did in 2010.
A lot to be said for the parties keeping one another in line.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1478760223|4096240 said:
I would also recommend making a recurring donation to the ACLU. (The recurring donations or membership joining are not tax-deductible. You may also make tax-deductible donations but that money can't be used for as much. And realistically... those of us who are spending our free money on bling probably don't need to worry too hard about tax deductions.) I signed up with a $100/month recurring donation.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/if-donald-trump-implements-his-proposed-policies-well-see-him-court

Done.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1478755450|4096209 said:
If you're Serious about Trump, and actually want to shorten this misery to 2 years not 4 or possible (shudder) 8, then we need to take back the Senate.

Did I just read one of Podesta's leaked emails? :doh: Chump hasn't even been Pres. ELECT for 48 hours, he doesn't get sworn in for over two months, and it's already 'misery' with an attack strategy to cut him off at the knees. You won't even give the guy a CHANCE! You may recall, he was a Democrat for a good measure of his adult life. :roll:

If I posted this on PS when President Obama was Pres. Elect, I'd be called a racist, bigot, intolerant, judgmental, and a slew of other things.

"Strategies" and mentalities like this are EXACTLY why our elected officials can not/will not work together and certainly don't promote that 'unity' I keep hearing the left call for. How do you expect our citizens to unify if you promote, push & FUND divisiveness at the top by our elected officials?

Just flippin' sad ...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1478804558|4096454 said:
iLander|1478755450|4096209 said:

Did I just read one of Podesta's leaked emails? :doh: Chump hasn't even been Pres. ELECT for 48 hours, he doesn't get sworn in for over two months, and it's already 'misery' with an attack strategy to cut him off at the knees. You won't even give the guy a CHANCE! You may recall, he was a Democrat for a good measure of his adult life. :roll:

If I posted this on PS when President Obama was Pres. Elect, I'd be called a racist, bigot, intolerant, judgmental, and a slew of other things.

"Strategies" and mentalities like this are EXACTLY why our elected officials can not/will not work together and certainly don't promote that 'unity' I keep hearing the left call for. How do you expect our citizens to unify if you promote, push & FUND divisiveness at the top by our elected officials?

Just flippin' sad ...

As is often said on PS, if you don't like the thread, move on to the next one, sweetie. ;))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HERE'S THE LIST OF THE STATE DEMOCRATIC HEADQUARTERS :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

http://asdc.democrats.org/state-parties/

Get on the email list, and realize that 52% of the electorate didn't vote. And MOST of them were Democrats!!

Let's drive them to the polls in 2018!!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Get on the email list, and realize that 52% of the electorate didn't vote. And MOST of them were Democrats!!

I am sure if you give us a better candidate than Hillary Clinton, we will get there on our own.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1478806097|4096469 said:
As is often said on PS, if you don't like the thread, move on to the next one, sweetie. ;))

I don't 'dislike the thread'; I'm just surprised to see PS is now a strategic planning & fundraising tool for the ACLU & Democratic Party. And I'm disappointed in the tone of your post considering how much "tolerance" is preached ... by both.

Hmmm, what do they call that? :think:
Hypocrite:
noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1478815873|4096558 said:

I am sure if you give us a better candidate than Hillary Clinton, we will get there on our own.

Exactly

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so pleased to see that most people are keeping this a positive constructive thread. I look forward to reading more suggestions.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Read what you like, ignore the rest, but no need to call out posters who disagree with it.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
AnnaH said:
ruby59|1478815873|4096558 said:

Exactly

I'm not sure that many people get out to vote during the midterm elections.

That's what I'm hoping to draw attention to with this thread. :wavey:

Here's an article: 2014 midterm election turnout lowest in 70 years

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/2014-midterm-election-turnout-lowest-in-70-years/

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you. Great idea. DONE.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478818151|4096573 said:
Read what you like, ignore the rest, but no need to call out posters who disagree with it.

Calling out posters is the height of American freedom of speech. You don't like the response you're getting, move over from Pricescope to Fox.com and luxuriate in the self-congratulatory fiddling while Rome burns.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1478820324|4096596 said:

Calling out posters is the height of American freedom of speech. You don't like the response you're getting, move over from Pricescope to Fox.com and luxuriate in the self-congratulatory fiddling while Rome burns.

I guess you are going to send me somewhere but do not have a clue who I am.

Not a Trump supporter by any means. But I believe and respect the process.

I watched CNN news on election night. But yes I do listen to all 3 to get some type of balance.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1478819607|4096589 said:

Thank you. Great idea. DONE.

:appl: :appl:

Now please mark your calendar to go vote in 2018. I suspect there's a sneaky deadline in every state for registering, etc.

walkinfaith

Rough_Rock

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478821160|4096604 said:
azstonie|1478820324|4096596 said:

I guess you are going to send me somewhere but do not have a clue who I am.

Not a Trump supporter by any means. But I believe and respect the process.

I watched CNN news on election night. But yes I do listen to all 3 to get some type of balance.

Okay, I'll bite, you might be one of the trade who get called out by other trade for having multiple Pricescope identities (see the Old Lady Hands original insult pile on), OR you're a PS-er who enjoys this forum like the rest of us but may have more than one Pricescope identities. It doesn't matter, as far as I'm concerned your opinion matters. Plus I love corundum so you must be alright.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I will come out and be honest.

I do not have a clue what you are trying to say.

I have been here over 10 years but only have 1,400 posts.

This has been, is, and will be my only ID.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results