shape
carat
color
clarity

Do Not Disturb on iPhone

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know why DND might not work on my phone? I enabled it, told it to not allow calls from anyone, no matter how many times they call, but it still does! :angryfire:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. That's unusual. I know a lot of complaints have been coming out about it. Do you have it scheduled for a time window maybe and you're not in that window?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Nope. I set it when I put my baby down for a nap but it still rings and wakes him up. :angryfire:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats weird. i do know that if you don't have the phone like "asleep" Dnd isn't enabled. So if you're using it its gonna still ring.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
ame|1360448338|3376324 said:
Thats weird. i do know that if you don't have the phone like "asleep" Dnd isn't enabled. So if you're using it its gonna still ring.

Well, that's annoying! I use my phone to play white noise for the baby and when it allows the calls to come through it stops the white noise, rings, and then starts the white noise again at full blast when the caller hangs up.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep it's stupid. I think if you set Dnd it should Dnd! But it's I guess designed to only work if you have your phone like not in use and set down.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
is your iphone updated to the latest software?

When i bought the iPhone 5 in jan, it didnt work no matter what i set it to. After an update it was fixed and works like a charm.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Lovelikecrazy, I do have the latest software but like others have said it must be an issue of it not working when the phone is in use. Have you managed to get yours to work even when your phone is in use?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
DND works when you are using your phone. I have mine scheduled to turn on from 11pm-6am and it works like a charm. Maybe take it into the Genius Bar?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
EricaR|1360536707|3376947 said:
DND works when you are using your phone. I have mine scheduled to turn on from 11pm-6am and it works like a charm. Maybe take it into the Genius Bar?
Mine dings and dongs like crazy if my phone is in use, and according to apple that's supposed to happen. It's only supposed to work when the phone is "asleep". Thats what the engineer told me when I called about another problem (constant f'ing signal loss...still) and the subject came up.

Wednesday

Rough_Rock
If you aren't streaming the music online, you could put your phone on Airplane mode while the baby is sleeping.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
You need to disable:
1) Allow calls from Favourites
2) Allow repeated calls

Hope that works for you.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
DiaDiva|1360555666|3377218 said:
You need to disable:
1) Allow calls from Favourites
2) Allow repeated calls

Hope that works for you.

I've done this but it doesn't work when the phone is in use.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Wednesday|1360551999|3377168 said:
If you aren't streaming the music online, you could put your phone on Airplane mode while the baby is sleeping.

This is an excellent idea! Thanks, Wednesday! :wavey:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Apple had an issue with the DND feature on the iPhone 5. When you would enable it everything was fine but once you disabled it, it didn't disable even if it appeared to be disabled. So you could get calls or anything for that matter. I think in this last software update they attempted to fix the problem but it looks like they just disabled it completely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results