shape
carat
color
clarity

Do men hit on you?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This includes you Kenny. If so, why do you think that is? Your looks? Your personality? Do you flirt?
I'm pretty average looking, at 55 I do get men over 65 who flirt because I'm a care giver personality wise. And because 55 is a young chick to them. Earlier in my life this never happened. My BFF is a super flirt and she has men eating out of her hand. Not because she is gorgeous, but because she knows how to stroke their egos. She is married and would never cheat but she seems to thrive on the attention she gets from flirting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. So do women.

I was once told (by a woman) that I "exude sexuality." This is not something intentional on my part, at least not in daily life. I am pretty conservative, and while I don't try to look purposely frumpy, I definitely do not do much besides try to look clean/neat/put together. I am not what most would consider classically beautiful, but there is something about me that draws people's attention and they feel the need to tell me about it.

I don't consider it some curse in life. At times, comments made with an appropriate tone and demeanor are obviously just meant to be compliments. At other times, comments are made with creepy vibes and weird innuendos and when something makes me uncomfortable I am quick to shut that person down.

I've known several women throughout my life who were nothing special to look at, and not even all that brilliant, but they had that je ne sais quoi.

Motherofperle

Rough_Rock
Not really.

But I have perfected my "resting b!tch face" (or RBF) so it scares most men away.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Yes and lately its been because of my car. Guys really dig it for some reason and like to strike up conversations about it. I stop by dunkin donuts every morning for coffee and have a guy that isn't getting the hint. He originally approached me to compliment my car and I mentioned multiple times that I'm married but he doesn't seem to care. Starting to get creeped out especially because my car is easily spotted.

Aside from that my 60-70 yr old patients flirt shamelessly with me. They all know I'm married, none have taken it too far, and I laugh about it a lot.

I noticed that when I am out in public and wearing my scrubs it happens more often than when I'm dressed normal. :read:

I don't mind it when a man isn't a creep about it....

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Yes, guys older and younger than me, and once from a woman at the gym. This sounds conceited, but I think it's more my looks than my personality, because if they "knew" they were hitting on a conservative prude who doesn't like to flirt, they would not even try to approach me. Crazy as it sounds, they places that I've been hit on the most is not at a club, or bar....it's at the DMV (too many bored people standing in long lines) and at the grocery store. Guys would check out my shopping basket, and invite themselves to "whatever I'm cooking".

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not anymore. I've gained weight, I'm not comfortable with myself. They used to, women too.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I think it's because I'm in decent shape and work out. I notice that when I gain weight and move up couple of sizes, the level of attention decreases dramatically. I actually asked DH if there's anything different about me lately because men have been hitting on me a lot over the past few months. He said that I'm at my most fit since we met.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I get hit on quite often. I think it's my shape for the most part. I am very curvy and have a very small waist and big upper chest. I also think it is my personality. I am very engaging. Either way, it makes me feel like I still have it. I have been having young men, like in the late 20's to 30's hit on me.
I am totally married and happy at that. I bought a really pretty blouse the other day. I came out with it on and my husband came unglued. He said it was too sexy to wear. I tell you right here and now that it was not. It had a little lace with some of that netting. You could see maybe an inch of my bra strap with I had a nude colored one on. He said "you get enough attention as it is."
WHATEVER. I went in and changed it. I called him when I got to work. I work in a very busy courthouse. I told him I didn't agree with him and that I will wear it.... maybe not to work. I ususally just suck it up, but this time he was wrong.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes. Frequently.

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope not!... :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1407356978|3727394 said:
Aside from that my 60-70 yr old patients flirt shamelessly with me. They all know I'm married, none have taken it too far, and I laugh about it a lot.
They are harmless at that age... :wink2: :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely not. And if they ever did, it was so long ago that I must have forgotten. This thread has been very depressing for me.

Deb
:wavey:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Constantly. I'm assuming it's because of my incredible body and beautiful face, but I'm not positive.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Yep, at almost 46 I'm glad to know I still got "IT". :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1407367626|3727529 said:
Yep, at almost 46 I'm glad to know I still got "IT". :lol:
:clap: :lol:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and it is because of how I look. If i wear a cute sundress and have on approachable makeup, I may get attention. No cute outfit and no cute face means no attention.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do get hit on by men, more so now, than when I was younger. I dont think I am that exeptional looking, but I am petite and think I look younger than my 50 years. I try to be nice to everyone, and I smile alot. I can't help that, I have always been "smiley".
I usually try to act confident, even though often it is an act! Maybe men like that, who knows? Or maybe men who are my age or older aren't afraid to let you know they are interested.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1407367578|3727528 said:
Constantly. I'm assuming it's because of my incredible body and beautiful face, but I'm not positive.

It might be that. I have heard that men like those things. But I am out of it, as I have said. ;))

Deb :saint:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Yes but mostly when I least expect it. I get far more glances at the grocery store in yoga pants without makeup than I do when I'm dolled up and out with friends.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1407367578|3727528 said:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
No...But it is nice to get a compliment now and then which i do.... but no one hitting on me- or not that i noticed. :)

i guess i tend to flirt with friends nowadays, as it is 'safe'. I dont mind flirting with friends- it keeps things exciting/ fun when you see them. This happens rarely, though. but when it does, it is kinda fun. I will not act on the flirting cos i know it was all in fun. Well, i do it cos it is fun... i never ask about it from my friends perspective. But i guess the feeling is mutual???? Sometimes you know you are or close to that boundary and i would always check in with them.

When i was single and flirted AND i was interested in someone whom i knew was single, i would always follow up with another question. But i was not interested in someone, i never acted on the flirting but just fueled the flirting if we both knew that nothing was going to happen.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find this intriguing, mostly because I don't really know anyone but my flirty friend who DOES get hit on. She pretty much instigates and begs for it. I was expecting a few yes but many more no's! Maybe PS women are more attractive than ordinary!
DF, you telling me no women hit on you for a sugar daddy???

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Not anymore, not really. I am 49, tall and altogether rounded. Every one in a while I get a turned head, but I figure I have spinach in my teeth or something.

DNB

Rough_Rock
Not really anymore. There's a few that do flirt some, but they know me well. I'm 54 and weigh a bit more than I did at 21. Doesn't matter. My DH adores me so I really don't care. We've been married 33 years and he's just as interested as he was the day we met. I really don't need or want anyone else to hit on me anyway. :love:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Maybe different people have different interpretations of being hit on? If a guy at a burger joint gives me a free drink that I didn't order, and did not extend the same treatment to my other 4 female coworkers, was he "hitting on me"? He just hands me a drink cup with a wink? I get a lot of those types of preferential treatment, without actually getting asked for my number etc. I consider that getting hit on. Do you?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1407379893|3727654 said:
Maybe different people have different interpretations of being hit on? If a guy at a burger joint gives me a free drink that I didn't order, and did not extend the same treatment to my other 4 female coworkers, was he "hitting on me"? He just hands me a drink cup with a wink? I get a lot of those types of preferential treatment, without actually getting asked for my number etc. I consider that getting hit on. Do you?

I would if it's from a man accompanied by a wink as you describe. Last week a (drunk) man walked up to me at a bar and said he loved my skin and wished he could touch it. I not-so-politely declined lol. Once at a grocery store the clerk told me he would charge me the price for regular apples even though they were organic. Swoooooon lol.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, almost never. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been hit on, and I'm in my thirties.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, quite often. Mostly because of my physique (petite asian girl with T&A) and the fact that I tend to generally smile and am open to having a friendly conversation (I attribute this to my career as an RN, I have to talk to complete strangers about some very personal things). Some people are polite about it, "I just wanted to tell you, that you are beautiful" and walk away while others, are being total creeps about it ie: Older gentlmen telling me they have money to shower upon me if I had a relationship with them. BLEH.
:knockout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results