shape
carat
color
clarity

Daydreaming about Fun Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every once in a while I daydream that some jobs may be quite fun. Do you have any you daydream about???

I think it would be so much fun to be a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines. . . they get to be silly and fly everywhere and it seems like a good people person job.

I also think being a realtor would be fun (people person job too); I am always excited when people get new houses. . . working 24/7 might be tough though.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be AMAZING fun to be a geologist and get to traipse around in the wilderness looking at rock formations and hitting things with chisels. You could sleep under the stars! You could go hiking every day. For a living.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, great thread!

I would love to be a writer on The Daily Show or the Colbert Report. The brilliance and silliness all in one job, no matter the ridiculous hours, would make my day.

Were I still living on the east coast, I SO would be doing that!

And for me, being an ice cream taste tester would be lovely. And no, I wouldn''t get tired of it. I worked at an ice cream parlor for a year and a half and never got tired of eating it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you girls thought of some really good things!!!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A novelist. Work from home. Create something REAL. See it give pleasure to others. Make money from the fruit of your imagination.

That's my dream. I've really got to a) start working out again; b) start writing again. Maybe this weekend.

Jon Stewart! TOTALLY. Or be on SNL!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any thoughts Harriet. . . I thought this would be a fun thread for you
9.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! Skippy, I think a Southwest Airlines flight attendant would be my nightmare job! Having to be all perky when everyone is grumpy about delays, having a weird schedule, and doing the same thing over and over again all day long.

Sometimes I daydream about being an architect...sitting at my desk making drawings of fabulous buildings and houses.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Owning a bookstore has always been my dream. A quaint little storefront with all my favorites. I''d want to own and operate so I could be surrounded by books all day. I asked DH what his dream job would be, he responded "ruler of the universe."
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd love to cook and bake all day. But just for the sake of making things...maybe being a test cook at the foodnetwork kitchens or something...but I wouldn't want the stress of dealing with a restaurant!

Oh and someone ELSE would have to clean it all up!
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...selling jewelry, running a bed n breakfast, owning a cafe....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, I like the Bed and Breakfast idea!!! Fun!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Skippy what a chord this thread strikes with me right now!!!

The other night I was speeding up the highway in the blinding rain in an effort to get a contract to an agent's office before they locked the doors for the night and I starting thinking to myself: WHAT THE HELL IS THE *POINT* OF ALL THIS???

I have not ONE but TWO very high paying FULL TIME jobs--WHY??? So I can buy more bling? (Warning: Blaspahmy about to be committed here.) I think I might have *enough* bling. Or almost enough anyway, LOL. But seriously, I started thinking about what else I would do and I just don't know. Maybe move to some small house in a nice warm climate with a bunch of brothers and sisters for The Demon... and do WHAT?

I'll be scouring this tread for ideas because if anything strikes me kids I'm packing up and gone! (Don't worry, I'll make sure to get high speed internet access where ever I go so I can still be on the boards!)

P.S. - I told my husband about the crazy thought I had in the rainstorm on the highway and he asked me if I'm having a mid-life crisis (at 36!). Basically his answer was to hold out until the gem show this weekend with my open checkbook and see if somehow my life wasn't all OK. And if not, maybe it's time to go check out that 911s I've been thinking about--although I can only fit one client at a time in a 911 with me so I'll have to become Agent Extrordinare to the Single Set, ha ha.

P.P.S. - SO SORRY FOR VENTING, it's just that this thread is such perfect timing...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay,
I have a friend who is an excellent realtor but I always see her working weekends, nights, she is up by 5 every morning. It looks fun but tough at the same time because it almost looks like your life needs to be second. Hang in there! I am sure that is why you are in demand, because you are so awesome!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 9:49:27 PM
Author: Skippy123
DeeJay,

I have a friend who is an excellent realtor but I always see her working weekends, nights, she is up by 5 every morning. It looks fun but tough at the same time because it almost looks like your life needs to be second. Hang in there! I am sure that is why you are in demand, because you are so awesome!

Skippy, you are too kind!

It's funny though; last night I was with a client until about 10:00 and then I met another client at 7:00 am to do an inspection, and THEN I went to my REAL JOB by 8:30 and also spent the day fielding calls about the three contracts in my purse that I'm simultaneously trying to negotiate. I am very fortunate that my clients love me, however the referrals are becoming a little overwhelming at this point, LOL!

This weekend however is *the gem show*. Ahhh. Now I remember why I do it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay,

You have two jobs!!! One other besides being a realtor, wow?!?!?! One of the partners where I work is also a realtor. I am always in shock how he does both!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 9:55:55 PM
DeeJay,

You have two jobs!!! One other besides being a realtor, wow?!?!?! One of the partners where I work is also a realtor. I am always in shock how he does both!!!

When I'm not doing the real estate thing I am the Chief Compliance Officer for a hedge fund manager. And LOL Skippy, I often tell the HH I can't wait until I retire--so I can JUST be a realtor!

ETA: Didn't mean to hijack your thread--back to the regularly scheduled programming!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hijack all you want DeeJay! I always daydream about being a realtor but never made the leap (I even took classes). heehe

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
r&d for kewl stuff
come up with the ideas and hand em off to someone too make em.
everything from guns to jewelery to photography equipment.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd love to be a buyer for a big jewelry company and travel to all the trade shows. That would be a dream come true.
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 10:21:39 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d love to be a buyer for a big jewelry company and travel to all the trade shows. That would be a dream come true.
3.gif
I bet you would be good at it too!!!
9.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Rockdoc''s Dream Job..............

Essentially I already have it!!!

Get to sit and play with some darn fine pet rocks.... the only downside is when you see one that really is incredible, and you can''t afford to buy it and have it join Rockdoc''s Family of "kids".

Coming up with names for the special pet rocks in the collection, is great, but the most heartwarmining of all is when a guy turns himself inside out, spending countless hours picking the "perfect pet rock" and then me getting sent the photo of the person he loves, with that ear to ear smile knowing that we made the selection the ultimately best one, when she finally is presented with it.

Teaching people''s eyes who are come here the innate differences, that I see, and educating them, regardless of how long it takes.

My "legal" side loves being a Certified Mediator, and an expert witness when people are scammed. I also enjoy driving opposing counsel "nuts" when testifying.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 10:36:10 PM

I''d love to be a buyer for a big jewelry company and travel to all the trade shows. That would be a dream come true.
3.gif
I bet you would be good at it too!!!
9.gif
HI:

Great job Lisa--or buyer for clothing.. Barring that, I''d love to be a new voice character on the Simpson''s. Have a fun and funny job at the same time.....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to be a celebrity stylist and make up artist. It would be so fun to shop with other people's money and dress them for events, pick jewels and accessories and do their make up. Not so into hair but have would have some input there too!

I would also love to have my own cosmetics line, I would not do the chemistry side, but help with packaging and color stories etc...I would like to come out with something a bit different than is out there now, who knows?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell you what... if I win the lottery Kaleigh and DF-- will you guys let me make your dreams come true? You can be my buyers!! LMAO.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds totally fine to me!

I would also like to say I would love to own a jewerly store and do some designing, but then I think I would never want to part with things, and I would constantly be wearing my stuff out and about and never have it in the store to sell. It would be my own personal stash basically!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 12:08:53 AM
Author: Gypsy
Tell you what... if I win the lottery Kaleigh and DF-- will you guys let me make your dreams come true? You can be my buyers!! LMAO.
Haha, you just made me smile!!!!!
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
3.gif
Ditto Kaleigh...can you imagine being paid to shop for jewelry?????
3.gif

I''d like to work for Leon Mege....customer relations...LOL

If I were young and fit I''d love to be a marine biologist... study creatures, travel the world, and get a great tan in the process!
5.gif

widget

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
After just watching CSI, I would love to be a forensics expert. Buuuuut, I am a tad squeamish in real life, so not sure how that would fly. I just LOVE how they take a minute particle of fuzz or a spec of something and solve a crime. Just totally amazes me. I really admire those guys and I love mysteries and puzzles, so think that could be so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results