shape
carat
color
clarity

Daydreaming about Fun Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs. S post kinda made me a little teary-eyed. Although I don''t have any, I just love kids. They are just so cute and honest. I do however have a beautiful niece who is 2. She is just the most precious little girl. I could just eat her up!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2007 8:47:45 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 5/26/2007 8:40:10 PM
Author: Miranda
This is a really interesting thread. Maybe it sounds unmotivated of me, but, I have my ultimate dream job. I love to be home with my kids. It''s the only thing I''ve ever really wanted to do. I pretty much grew up between a bank with my dad and a law office with my mom. I knew I wanted to do things differently when my I had children. The only other job I think I''d be happy in is, like Mrs. S., a L&D nurse. Maybe I watch too much Birth Day...
Awww, being a great mom is the most important job you''ll ever have. I feel the same way.
Ditto! No more important job than that. I didn''t interpret the original question that way, or I would have answered differently.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 9:55:10 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 5/26/2007 8:47:45 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 5/26/2007 8:40:10 PM
This is a really interesting thread. Maybe it sounds unmotivated of me, but, I have my ultimate dream job. I love to be home with my kids. It''s the only thing I''ve ever really wanted to do. I pretty much grew up between a bank with my dad and a law office with my mom. I knew I wanted to do things differently when my I had children. The only other job I think I''d be happy in is, like Mrs. S., a L&D nurse. Maybe I watch too much Birth Day...
Awww, being a great mom is the most important job you''ll ever have. I feel the same way.
Ditto! No more important job than that. I didn''t interpret the original question that way, or I would have answered differently.
I know that''s not what she meant, but, I pleasantly surprised myself with drawing a complete blank about a fun job. I know most moms love their jobs!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think being a mom would be such a rewarding job. Hoping to be a mom someday in the near future. Cross your fingers for me
2.gif

Miranda and Kaleigh you sound like wonderful moms!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed Skippy!!! You will make the best mommy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2007 11:23:14 PM
Fingers crossed Skippy!!! You will make the best mommy!
She certainly will!!!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
great thread!!

My dream job is being a vet, and thankfully I got into vet school this year and am nearly a year through.

However, sometimes I would love to have a "clean" job and be able to have nice nails and dress nicely, so maybe something like a fashion stylist or something would be cool. Or a designer shoe buyer.

I''d love to be a dancer too-Im not very good at it, but I think it would be great fun!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know... I think it''s really funny how one person''s dream job is another''s "HECK NO, you couldn''t pay me enough to do that"... we really are a great, diverse community aren''t we?

BTW my Heck no job would be the Labor and Delivery nurse thing. I faint at the site of blood, and terrified of babies when they are newborn... and can''t stand seeing anyone in pain.
40.gif
But I really admire you all who can and do consider that a dream job.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow, lots of fun daydreams here!!
I think I''d love to be a professional musician or artist (both are hobbies of mine).

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''d love to be an antique dealer. Mostly rugs and furniture and furnishings. I used to go to antique stores all the time and I love old things of all eras.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to sell ACA diamonds instead of the average ones I see every day at work. It would be so great to actually sell something to be proud of!
9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, do you like your new job? I''m hoping it is going well!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I would love to be a stay-at-home mom someday. I don''t know if it''ll be possible, maybe... I''m keeping my fingers crossed!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2007 9:35:40 PM
Author: lumpkin
Maisie, do you like your new job? I''m hoping it is going well!
I do!! Very much
9.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Fun Job? Shoe designer for Jimmy Choo or Christian Louboutin. LOL.

Dream Job? Novelist (I already dabble in freelance projects---mainly tech writing---major yawn...just have to get off my duff and write one of the many stories half outlined & stored on my computer)

Adrenaline Job? Search & rescue diver...or deep sea treasure hunter...Divergrrl dives again!

And I have to agree with Miranda: most rewarding job? Momma. Today I was having a bad day (whiny toddler) and after he went down for a nap I decided to grill lunch for DH and I before he left for the airport. I thought to myself, if I were back at work (like I was fantasizing about during one of son''s many meltdowns today) I would not be standing out on my deck at 1pm, in the gorgeous sun, grilling teriyaki chicken breasts & sipping lemonade. And of course, son was fine when he woke up.

Divergrrl (still dreaming of finding diamonds buried deep in the sea)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally agree that being a mom has been the most fulfilling, and at times the scariest and most frustrating job in the world. But there is nothing like it, nothing compares in the long run.

Some other things that would be cool, assuming I had the where with all and know how for them...

vineyard owner ( of course I know zip about growing grapes and wine making but hey, I like to drink it!)
antiques expert dealing with the cataloging and sales of large estate items at fine auction houses
gourmet food critic for a large magazine
beauty editor for a large magazine. you get sent all the newest products months in advance to try, so you can write about them in the magazine! it would be so fun to be in the know about what is good and bad and what is worth buying
I would say some type of designer or writer but I fear I would not always feel creative and that would freak me out, especiallly if I had a deadline.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
My dream jobs would be: Working at Google in any capacity, broadcasting on Sirius, or anything involving taking apart/rebuilding laptops for pay. Or videogame testing. HEE HEE supergeek alert! Or of course voiceover work for cartoons. WHEE!
9.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I always thought I knew what my dream job was, being a laywer. I am one and it hasn''t brought me what I thought it would. Now, I''m switching careers (at some point soon I hope).
I want to teach, probably 4-6th graders. I''m excited about the possibility of switching!

My other dream job has been to open a store. I''d like something that sells a little bit of lots of interestings stuff... jewelry, music, books, knick knacks, those great quotable cards and also has an area to buy snacks and drinks and an area that features local musicians and artists.. shows off their work and the musicians can come and perform to showcase their talent. I even have a name for my store but can''t tell that b/c it''s not copyrighted and ya never know, I may end up having that store one day!

It''s really to fun to read everyone''s dream jobs! What a great thread! Makes me motivated to look more into mine.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I have a periodic fantasy about working at Tiffany''s. I know it''s not exactly PS, but I think it would be so interesting to work there and see the couples coming in to look at rings and all the different customers. I have the spare time and I often wonder if they take part time people. Then I remember how retail is, with all the weekends involved. But I still dwell on it.

I also love the idea of being a novelist and have started a couple stories. My sister actually is a novelist and frankly she does not recommend this line of work even though she is successful. But that''s how everyone is, I guess.

DF I think you would be a fabulous beauty editor! You could do that job! It is a sweet job - I remember dealing with those gals when I worked for Lauder. You do get lots of free stuff and lots of free dinners and interesting parties for launches. Downside is the raging politics and generally fickle world of fashion with lots of *personalities*. Since most people would do the jobs for free I don''t know if it pays that well, but for you it''s not about the money. But it is a full time job. I could see you doing it, even though I never met you.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I want to be a QVC presenter! LOL! I got sucked into watching the Philosophy Makeup/skincare show today & they have so much fun. Then the Hip Hop abs.

Riot.

Diver

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2007 8:56:51 PM
Author: divergrrl
I want to be a QVC presenter! LOL! I got sucked into watching the Philosophy Makeup/skincare show today & they have so much fun. Then the Hip Hop abs.

Riot.

Diver

Diver,
I have a coworker that does not have cable but whenever she goes out of town she buys lots on QVC products. We always tease her when she is travelling for work; she probably has the Hip Hop abs. hehee

Miranda and Diamondseeker! Thanks for the sweet words!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results