shape
carat
color
clarity

Daydreaming about Fun Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 12:23:22 AM
Author: widget
I''d like to work for Leon Mege....customer relations...LOL

You just made me laugh out loud Widget. SO true!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I would love to be an opera singer or star on broadway!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
a dancer. a real amazing dancer. on broadway or nyc ballet or something.
sigh. or a well known painter/drawer/sculptor... an artist.
or a professional gift buyer. i''d love that. gift buyer to the stars
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also used to have a great voice and if I did not have stage fright I would have loved to have been a singer, but when I used to take voice I could barely sing in front of my teacher!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 10:21:39 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d love to be a buyer for a big jewelry company and travel to all the trade shows. That would be a dream come true.
3.gif
I think I''d like to be Lisa''s business partner! Honestly, since PS is my hobby, I can''t think of anything more "fun" than to work with fine gems and diamonds!

I will have to say that even if I give up working at a school, I''ll probably always tutor a child in reading, because that does give me great joy since reading or not reading is the key to how that child''s future will turn out.

My other meaningful kind of job I''d be interested in would be to work in international adoption. There aren''t many jobs with greater emotional highs and lows than that, but the good days would be very, very good.

Like Dee Jay, I sort of work for the bling and other pleasures. I am thinking of working less next year, but I want to work a little so I can stay on PS!!! It''s impossible to be on here and not have some projects in mind! Lol! Like today I had to add a Leon split shank ring like Starry''s to my list!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dream about being a Labor and delivery nurse. If I had it to do over, that''s what I''d do.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 8:47:53 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I dream about being a Labor and delivery nurse. If I had it to do over, that''s what I''d do.

Awww, geez, mrssalvo, that is really sweet!!! Wanna come to work with me tommorrow?
31.gif
2.gif

I dream almost daily about doing something different with my life....I would love to be an entrepreneur of some kind- a cool lounge/restaurant/cafe owner, a interior designer, a wedding planner, jewelry designer...I guess the bottom line is that I would love to have a job where I can express my creativity on a daily basis- can''t do that as an L&D nurse!!!!
2.gif
Although I do enjoy my job, it is so high pressure/stress.etc., I do feel like I am slowing burning out (after only close to 8yrs of doing it). So, I know there is something else for me to do eventually, just have to find it....

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got THREE dream jobs.

Owning a doggie day care/rescue.

Owning my very own jewelry store.

Personal stylist.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My dream career is this:

To write and illustrate children''s books and in my spare time design one off beautiful pieces of jewellery. I am hoping to make the former a reality and who knows about the second.

I spent many years as a textile designer and 2 years as a jewellery designer and diamond buyer. The sad thing was I hated the stuff I had to design - always worrying about weight (can''t be very creative when the bracelet has to be 8 gms max), mainly using CZ and working for mass market, QVC and maul stores where quality was relative. Diamond buying isn''t much fun either when the biggest stones you buy are 5pts.

I loved going to the huge trade shows and used to disappear off to look at real gemstones, mega diamonds, interesting manufacturers and attending the coloured gem and technology lectures (I remember an amazing one on mokume gane). I used to long to work for Faberge where I could just make amazing one off pieces with the best materials and amazing craftsmanship.

Currently I work in politics which is very interesting - and helps build up my potential future client base (I''m doing quite a few e-ring designs for people) - but doesn''t fulfil my creative needs. FI is desperate for me to go back to designing as it makes me so happy - he''s so sweet and is doing everything to make it possible.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been thinking about this a lot lately (probably because I''m just about to turn 30!) and I''m just not particularly satisfied with my IT job. I like PEOPLE and I want to be around PEOPLE. I want to help people, but I don''t think I want to work retail...

my dream job idea from a few years ago is still sort of rattling around in my head...

I want to be a concierge! Yes. really.

But I don''t want to work evenings or weekends. Therein lies the problem!!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My dream job would surround me with flowers. I''ve toyed with the idea of running a flower shop but all the crazy brides and the long holiday hours aren''t quite fitting with my vision. I also would like to run my own landscape company planning & creating cottage garden flowerbeds for people. I haven''t figured out a way to make money at it. Most people really just want simple landscaping with a few evergreen bushes, a tree or 2 and then very low maintenance flowers like daylillies etc. in my area.

I also would love to run a small eco resort in places like Mexico or Costa Rica or numerous other tropical places. Not big and posh, but more down to earth.

I really just want a life that is slower and that I can create something besides spreadsheets, word documents, web sites or any other paper/computer product.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I think the job in which I would have been most happy realistically speaking would have been Epidemeology. The three things that I love best are:

1) Traveling
2) Solving puzzles and thinking analytically
3) Helping people.

Being an expert in contagious diseases would involve exactly these three things. I really wish I''d thought of that before I forged ahead in my current career. Which I really enjoy, most of the time. And I get to do 1) and 2). But I wish I was helping people more.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok- I have 2- one that I have done and one that I would like to "develop" the best job I ever had was being the beverage cart attendant on a golf course- it was great- being outside on a lovely golf course- people were always happy to see me because I had soda, snacks and beer. No one was ever grumpy to the cart girl! I know, not a lot of responsibility, but a lot of smiles and it never stressed me out!

my real dream job would be to be a "green home consultant" I would love to help people who are building/buying or rehabbing a home make it more green- use alternative materials that are more earth-friendly, energy efficient, etc. Like poured concrete or recycled glass counter-tops in lieu of granite, etc.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
1) Travel writer/essaysist
2) Photographer for National Geographic or similar
3) Food buyer for Trader Joes
9.gif

Rockdoc, that was a great post. I''m fortunate in that I dig my job too. But not enough to stay in it if I won the lottery, so I suppose that would be the true indicator!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread, Skippy!

My dream job would combine my two loves: Travel & wine. So, a Wine Buyer for a wine shop would be my pick! My love for food is right up there too, but I figure that I would eat very well on my wine buying trips to Italy and France!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I have to add a few more to my list:

1. Bookstore owner (my original)
2. Back up dancer for Jimmy Buffett
3. Winery owner

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 12:18:16 PM
Author: KimberlyH

3. Winery owner
OH YEAH!!
36.gif
The tiki bar would always be open!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

3. Winery owner
I like no 2!!!

Gosh, everyone has some great ones. CG I like all the wine tasting in different countries! I also like owning a landscaping co. so you can teach people about flowers and plants. There are so many fun jobs you all listed
9.gif
Keep em coming; it is so much fun reading!!! RocDoc, you sound like you are having the best time!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 12:20:16 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl

3. Winery owner
OH YEAH!!
36.gif
The tiki bar would always be open!
And we''d be listening to Creola on my victrola! My mom also has expressed a desire to be a J. Buffett back up dancer. It could be a fabulous family affair!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I''m spelling it right, but palentologist. I really, really wish I could have done that.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I''m gloriously immersed in Pet Rocks.

The only downside is you become SERIOUSLY addicted to them. To really become "good" at this, you almost dedicate every conscious moment to them. I admit I am a "Gem Junkie". But is the best addiction to have.

There is no doubt that Pet Rocks are a highly addictive drug as is the equpment to study and analyze them.

There is an incredible adreniline rush, when you actually get to hold a significant or world class one in your hands. Feeling the energy from each one, developing the tactile senses, where you join your physiological feelings with the stone itself. There is just so much contained in each one that is unique, almost like an individual personality.

I was extremely fortunate to be mentored by some other gemologists, that have had these abilities as I learned throughout the years.

SO I GUESS IM IN PET ROCK EUPHORIA!

Once I figure out how to get the cameras working, I''ll be showing some of them in the Rock TV dept and doing some webinars.

Rockdoc

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
hmmmm...I think my dream job would be to help people find deals and bargains on things...anything - furniture, homes, jewelry, clothes, shoes (well, maybe not cars...)...like a personal bargain shopper for someone (lots of deals I find don''t do me any good!)
But, I guess if someone can afford a luxury like a personal bargain shopper, they probably don''t really care that much about getting a bargain! I guess I could become independently wealthy and then volunteer!

icemyster

Shiny_Rock
My practical dream job would be a big time real-estate developer.

My dream - dream job would be a scout for major league baseball.

icemyster

Shiny_Rock
Dee*Jay - I would go with the 911...I think that might do it for me...always a dream never a reality! Awesome car!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 9:58:23 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

When I'm not doing the real estate thing I am the Chief Compliance Officer for a hedge fund manager. And LOL Skippy, I often tell the HH I can't wait until I retire--so I can JUST be a realtor!

ETA: Didn't mean to hijack your thread--back to the regularly scheduled programming!

Holy Smokes you have two impressive and stressful jobs! Wow how did you get into CCO of a Hedge funds? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I'm not entirely sure how the career path works, LOL, other than becoming a compliance officer in general early in my career and just working my way to where I am now. The Securities and Exchange Commission has, within the past several years, cracked down quite a bit on the activities of hedge funds mangers, including requiring investment advisers to have a CCO as of September 2004, so that was a huge step in the careers of a lot of compliance officers, especially those with any hedge fund experience consideirng how many investment advisers are in that end of the business.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm. This is interesting. I would love to be a musician, and since I play an assortment of intruments, how about a famous musician. Or maybe an actor/comedian. My friend''s all say I have an uncanny ability to remember lines and quotes from movies. Even if I''ve just seen it. If I like the movie, I''ll remember it. And litlle known actors, while the main well known actors are being shown I''ll say ''Oh so & so is in it.'' And they are like who is that? And I notice real tiny details that most people are like what?!*
I have a wild sense of humor. I love to laugh and make people laugh. I have been told I''m Chandler Bings female version. Bada bing..

And last, anything to do with animals. Just love them all!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
This is a really interesting thread. Maybe it sounds unmotivated of me, but, I have my ultimate dream job. I love to be home with my kids. It''s the only thing I''ve ever really wanted to do. I pretty much grew up between a bank with my dad and a law office with my mom. I knew I wanted to do things differently when my I had children. The only other job I think I''d be happy in is, like Mrs. S., a L&D nurse. Maybe I watch too much Birth Day...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:40:10 PM
Author: Miranda
This is a really interesting thread. Maybe it sounds unmotivated of me, but, I have my ultimate dream job. I love to be home with my kids. It''s the only thing I''ve ever really wanted to do. I pretty much grew up between a bank with my dad and a law office with my mom. I knew I wanted to do things differently when my I had children. The only other job I think I''d be happy in is, like Mrs. S., a L&D nurse. Maybe I watch too much Birth Day...
Awww, being a great mom is the most important job you''ll ever have. I feel the same way.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:47:45 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 5/26/2007 8:40:10 PM
Author: Miranda
Awww, being a great mom is the most important job you''ll ever have. I feel the same way.
I think it''s a pretty important job, too. We were young when we started our family so I can always have an entire career later if I want to (maybe in the jewelry biz). For right now, for us, this is the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results