shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
With The Stars..TONIGHT....

anyone going to be watching?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!! Thanks for the reminder....Tivo is ready to go!

Jeannine

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ME ME ME!!!

i meant to post but then got distracted looking for a shawl online...YES i can''t wait!!!

this is basically my first ''return'' show of the new season so i am EXCITED to have something to finally watch this fall, seems all my other shows are starting in late sept this year!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m excited to see all the new stars as well as the returning dancers. Tony, Cheryl, and company
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too me too me too!!!!

One show I watch, House, has already started...the rest...not for 2 weeks or so?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be tivo-ing it, dh is a pain in the butt about "my shows"!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm. Three dancers in and, am I imagining it, or does it kinda suck this season. So slow ... yicky songs .. nobody compelling .. hmmm.

The only thing worth watching so far is the "Back In Black" Audrey Hepburn GAP commercial that comes on every five minutes.

IDOL - TAKE ME AWAY!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m not watching yet as it''s not on here but typically for me the first few shows are really meh...because the contestants are still learning the absolute basics and the dancing is slow-ish and deliberate really. it''s not til they really get into it that for me it gets good. kind of like survivor...hehee. but i watch it anyway!!! desperate times call for desperate measures!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2006 8:36:54 PM
Author: Mara
desperate times call for desperate measures!

I hear ya! Not to give anything away, but they''re shooting some "dance rehersal" stuff in the same studios they shot "So You Think You Can Dance". It just makes me yearn for MY BENJI!!! Or Alison .. Or MUSA for that matter.

But, like ya said, not a lotta options
5.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I''ll watch. Cheryl Burke is a friend (also a Bay Area native) and I''ll be rooting for her. I''ll hope she can bring out the best with the new partner but she was really fortunate last season with such a talented young guy to bring on.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2006 9:01:57 PM
Author: Beacon
I''ll watch. Cheryl Burke is a friend (also a Bay Area native) and I''ll be rooting for her. I''ll hope she can bring out the best with the new partner but she was really fortunate last season with such a talented young guy to bring on.

Funny you say that ... She was really great actually ... she & her partner got the first standing O of the season. I had to rewind & watch it again though because I started zoning out of the whole show ... then I caught some "goodness" and I was like ... hey ... I better WATCH THAT!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, I thought I''d missed it - are you on the east coast? I''m out here in CA and haven''t seen the show yet! I was just spectulating, not evalating the performance which isn''t on for 2 hours yet over here. I am really glad she is doing well right off the bat - thanks for the update!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2006 9:19:51 PM
Author: Beacon
are you on the east coast?
Yup. *shamefully glance at floor* I didn''t mean to be spoiling anything for you Westies! I was just so bored for a while I''d rather write about stuff & surf online than actually *watch* the show.
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2006 8:32:59 PM
Author: decodelighted
Hmmmm. Three dancers in and, am I imagining it, or does it kinda suck this season. So slow ... yicky songs .. nobody compelling .. hmmm.

I thought the same thing deco. was like, ok where's the potential talent dancers??? so far Joey Lawerence was the best
33.gif
until...cheryl and Emmitt Smith who I thought were so fun...and I just LOVE Cheryl..then I thought Mario Lopez looked like a pro. He did awesome and I like his partner too.

just had to add that man does Lisa Rinna look different w/out make-up
6.gif
37.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
not really a spoiler...but if you haven''t seen the show you may want to skip....

ok here''s my ranking for the night:

1. Mario Lopez- I think he''ll go far. He''s in great shape, can do the moves and moves well and looked good with his partner..

2. Emmitt Smith- I said it above but I just love Cheryl and she has a way of picking the right songs/choreography to showcase her partner. Emmitt kept up and looked like he was having fun. potential to go a long way..

3. Vivica Fox- loads of potential with her too. She knows how to perform and I enjoyoed watching her "performance"

tie 4,5,6 Joey Lawrence/Willa Ford/monique Coleman- all have potential but need work but I hope they stick around for a while to watch the improvement.

7,8,9-Harry, Shanna, and Sara- all were stiff and boring for me. I was really disappointed in Sara''s performance b/c I adore Tony and wanted her to do well. Just boring and stiff for these folks

10, 11- Tucker and Jerry- just awful and Jerry is no George Hamilton...

my prediction- i''m going to guess Tucker will go just because he''s not a well known popular celebrity to gain the sympathy votes like Master P managed to do last season.

So glad Reality TV is back
36.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I see why everyone loved Emmitt - he was remarkably light and flexible. I did not expect this out of a big muscular football player! He was also a charming and charismatic person, characteristics he shares with Jerry Rice.

I loved Mario and Karina by far the most. Karina is a world class dancer. I have watched her compete with her former competitive partner Slavic Krylyvyy and they are mind blowing. Little Mario was one good performer and showed the character of cha cha very effectively. They really look like a "couple" as far as competitive dancing goes and much more so than the other couples. They will be hard to beat if Mario can dance the "standard" (non latin) side of the show as well.

I also liked Vivica and the young High School movie girl, I forget her name. She will do well if Louis (Van Amstel) will keep his mouth shut and let her do the talking! She''s a sweetie and I suspect we''ll see alot more out of her when she does the latin side next week.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i kind of half watched and half ate dinner/surfed pricescope etc...i can see some potential in people...i remember that often people start out REALLY unimpressive and then they just get better. i don't remember being that impressed by stacy kiebler last season or some of the others who made it close to the finals. but they just practice and practice...i think that the whole first show is a total wakeup call for some of them. it seems like after the first few shows some people just really GET it. like kelly monaco, i loved her the first season but the first 1/3 she was pretty sucky. so i figure we'll see!! but it was cool to see the show back and all the regular professional dancers, love them!!! i think that harry and ashley could actually pull it off and be a great pair with lots of practice and he needs to loosen up a bit. but i think the fact that lisa was a dancer last season will help him.

i really liked joey, harry, vivica, and ummmm someone else i can't remember...oh mario and karina were good. okay and WHO is that tucker person? the one who went 2nd or 3rd and was horrible? i hope he goes tomorrow!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, Tucker Carlson is a journalist. He has this show on MSNBC called Tucker. I watch it every night. I really like him. He's got a great sense of humor. He has been promoting his performance on Dancing with the Stars shamelessly, so I can't wait to see what he says tonight on his Tucker show about how he thinks he did last night. I hope he doesn't think he did well!
14.gif
He was saying he was going to fall down during his performance to get "the sympathy vote."
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I know I''m a married lady but HOLY COW did you see the butts on Mario and Joey? WOW.
emembarrassed.gif

Anyway...
9.gif
I thought Mario was phenomenal and Emmitt was so adorable! Joey also looked like he had serious potential. I think those are the top 3 guys.

I really liked Vivica as well. Harry and Shana were kinda stiff and not very elegant on the dance floor.

And YES...what a difference makeup makes! Lisa Rinna looked different (except for the giganto collagen filled lips). hehehe

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
And what about Mario's cute dimples??? Loved watching him dance. Emmitt was surprisingly light on his feet and fun to watch as well. I think Tucker needs to go home. He sat out half his dance, at least Jerry Springer tried.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i didn't watch last night, but i am tuning in tonight. so far it's sorta hard to watch...

anyone see tom jones?? i mean how much work has he had done?!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
which one was tom jones?!? i got a little overwhelmed by how many people there were in the beginning!! i prefer when it gets down to like the top 10 kinda thing.

i figure tucker and jerry springer will go first....i hope anyway! i hope harry really steps it up because he''s a cutie and i love how in love he is with his wife, they are just so cute with their shirts! hehee.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
we''ll I''m glad Tucker was the one to go. i don''t think i could handle another week of him. it was mass chaos on the stage tonight. I loved that the judges picked Emmitt and Cheryl to dance again
36.gif
and I thought the pro-group mambo number was great.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
DId anyone keep an eye on Emmitt Smith''s wife''s hand while she was clapping for him? Wow did I see a huge rock. Couldn''t tell that much about it except that it looked like a 3 stone with a square cut diamond (asscher, radiant, or other). Definitely jumped off the screen at me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo i was so glad to see tucker go!!! i was sad to see that willa gal in the bottom three though. shanna is already irritating me though...i wouldn''t mind seeing her go next!

i can''t wait to see next week. i LOVE when the professional dancers all get out on the stage, that is the best!

tom jones has DEFINITELY had some work done. it''s funny because greg asked me that and i thought of jcrow''s post...hahaa.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 1:25:46 AM
shanna is already irritating me though...i wouldn''t mind seeing her go next!

I''m so with ya...

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Of COURSE I watch! It is reality tv, afterall.

But I totally agree with Deco...nobody seems that great...except maybe mario lopez, but GAWD he is annoying...

So meh. But of course, I''ll keep watching. Cause that is what I do!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 1:25:46 AM
woo hoo i was so glad to see tucker go!!! i was sad to see that willa gal in the bottom three though. shanna is already irritating me though...i wouldn''t mind seeing her go next!

i can''t wait to see next week. i LOVE when the professional dancers all get out on the stage, that is the best!

tom jones has DEFINITELY had some work done. it''s funny because greg asked me that and i thought of jcrow''s post...hahaa.
i have to admit, i turned the channel when tom jones came on again to do song #2. please!! make him stop. ick.

glad to hear tucker went.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hurray I am glad to see that Tucker went home! He never really even tried. Tom Jones IS looking like he has had some work done and his voice is just not what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results