shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally!!!! Jerry is gone. It was past the time.

I do think that the last 4 are great. I really like Emmitt, though he is not to the level of Joey or Mario. I too will be voting for Joey next week because he is phenomenal and I love his enthusiasm. He should definitely be in the top 2.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
While voting yesterday I found out for the first time that the total number of times you''re allowed to vote per phone number is 5. I guess I never tried to call more than 5 times before.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww i watched last nite and meant to vote but i was SO TIRED i just went upstairs and fell asleep!!! so i didn''t get a chance to vote. so bummed. i was hoping this morning i could but it doesn''t look like the option to vote is on abc.com anymore. BOO.

oh and i only watched 1/2 of last nite because i was so tired. i was going to vote for J/E anyway....because i really want them in the final two!! i think monique has had her last dance....the first one she did was not as good as the others...and i didn''t see the 2nd yet but i think she''s a bit out of her league at this point. too bad because i think she has great potential but her dude is choreographing stuff way too difficult for her right now. the others are shining more because of it.

i hope J/E got some votes!!! WAH.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 4:03:27 PM
Author: Mara

i hope J/E got some votes!!! WAH.
Me too. I used my 5 votes up on them. But I really loved Emmitt and Cheryl as well...they were great!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t vote either. I was able to watch most of it but just forgot to log on and vote. o-well. my guess is Monique has danced her last dance and it''s going to be a 3 guy semi-final...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hurray my boys are all safe! I just wasn''t into Monique, but she did do a great job on that Ghost Buster''s number. I was glad that they asked her to perform it again before she left the show. I don''t think Emmitt is quite as good as the other two guys, but he has such incredible charm (who could resist that smile?)! Mario is probably the best dancer in my opinion and I love those dimples, but Joey is really my man. He is a terrific dancer and he is so cute and unassuming.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh yeah down to the boys. i would love to see it come down to joey and mario because i think they''d be the best in a ''dance off'' but i think emmitt''s fan base is stronger than joeys even though it pains me to say it. have emmitt and cheryl ever been in the bottom two? i don''t think so? and mario and karina, nope. the bummer for me is i will be traveling in NYC on tues so i won''t get to see the show or vote !! but i will try to remember to do it online that night since i''m taking my laptop.

i felt kind of bad for monique but she definitely has tapped out for now, she''s just not on the same level as the other guys, well maybe her and emmitt are the same for dancing skills but he has more charisma which has carried him farther than his dancing skills IMO. i loved hearing the judges talk about the contestants in the sidebars last nite...they said that joey is the more reliable ballroom dancer (and len said he thought that jeey was the best ballroom ever in the series which i thought was awesome!), mario is flat out the best performer/dancer overall, and that emmitt is the big easy...hhehe.

does anyone else notice that this season edyta has seemingly WAY more personality than in previous seasons? i don''t know if it''s her pairing with joey that has kind of brought her out of her shell but in the past she just seemed like that dark mysterious sexy chick who women loved to hate kinda thing but this season she has really shown her personality more, and she''s always happy and smiling which is why i think i love J/E so much, they just seem so thrilled to be there and they are always smiling during the routines. emmitt bugs me because he and cheryl act like they absolutely are the shiznit and god forbid they don''t move on...they just are so competitive and intense.

omg and joey was killing me with his fake teeth the other night, every time i saw him talking with them i''d just start laughing.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad for a all boy semifinal too. I can''t wait
36.gif
. ok, and did you all notice Cheryl''s house..my gosh that ballroom was just amazing. I bet she could have some amazing parties once she''s no longer dancing, maybe even rent it out for wedding receptions
3.gif

Mara, I totally agree about Edyta. Last year she always looked kinda pale and sickly, especially when they were just standing there, not actually dancing. This year she looks a lot more fun and I loved it when she hugged Joey after they announced they were safe. She truly looked happy for once.

Oh and did you guys see that they are going on Tour. It''s like Drew and cheryl, Lisa and Louis, Ashley and Harry, Willa and max and Joey Mac from the first season. Kinda a weird group if you ask me but it''s probably all they could get. i wish Kelly or stacy were on the tour. My sister is a dancer and watches too. I asked her if she''d want to go and she does so I think we might get tickets
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha oooh a tour really?!?! i''ll have to check it out.

oh and we LOVED LOVED LOVED the ''swop'' dance that was done last nite!!! it was soo awesome. i was telling Greg, how cool to be able to come up with entirely new types of dances and then be able to perform them in front of millions of people. super cool.

and willa looked and sounded hot last nite too, you go girl!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was pleased with the results last night, I think the final 3 are great!

If all goes according to talent Emmitt will be the next to go. Gotta vote for J/E again next week!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so I really loved all the performances last night. They all did a super job and it was very entertaining for me. I used all my internet votes for Joey so fingers crossed he sticks around.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
They were all really good last night weren''t they? I ended up using my votes for Mario this time though. I don''t like him as well as Joey, but I just really feel that he is the best dancer and should stay on for the final.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I was in a bad mood yesterday but I didn''t love Mario''s or Joey''s latin numbers at all. But clearly, the judges were seeing something I wasn''t! That being said, all my votes went to Emmitt. I know he''s not the greatest dancer but he''s so charismatic and lovable--I''m always smiling and clapping like a schoolgirl when I watch him!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
All my votes went to Joey...I love Emmitt but he''s just not on par with the other two.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
39.gif
so very sad. I love Emmitt but would have rather seen an emmitt Joey final or Joey Mario. I will did be watching next week. did you guys here that for the first time both couples will have to dance to the same song? that should be fun. I also loved watching the former stars who will be doing the tour come back and dance. I just wish Drew was there last night too.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree: I wished it was a Mario vs. Joey competition. I really love Emmitt, but give another professional an opportunity to take a celeb to the end...? Cheryl was there last season? Don''t get me wrong, I really think she is an awesome dancer, but its like whoever is paired with her is given an automatic free pass to the finish line...

Joey and Edyta have teetor -tottered being at the bottom, so its no surprise to me that they were the ones to go last night.

I''m going with Mario and Karina, they are really a great pair despite what goes on behind the scenes...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I adore Emmitt too, but as good as he is I don''t think he is the dancer that Mario is. However he has a huge fan base and I wouldn''t be surprised if he wins the competition!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 10:20:44 AM
Author: curlygirl
all my votes went to Emmitt. I know he's not the greatest dancer but he's so charismatic and lovable--I'm always smiling and clapping like a schoolgirl when I watch him!
Me too .. though I didn't vote. I'm an Emmitt lover. I do think he's the one you makes PEOPLE wanna get up and dance. Makes it approchable/achievable. MARIO : you want to watch him dance, but he doesn't make PEOPLE wanna dance. He looks so angry/intense it's off-putting ... & makes the dancing look "harder" ... like real people CAN'T do it. At least that's my theory.

I mean ... c'mon. Ultimately it's a popularity contest .. not the Olympics.
2.gif

Oh .. and I think Emmitt will win. Partially because Cheryl knows how to choreograph to win ... but mostly because JOEY's votes will probably flop to EMMITT. (They're both huggable teddy bears - unlike the slimy jackel that is MARIO)

** Did anyone else think it was creepy/gross that Mario danced to Michael Jackson's "BAD". WHY do people still use his music after everything that's gone on?? I couldn't even appreciate the dancing because I was like "YICK" ... and the bad Michael impression/crotch-grabbing etc. WHAT YEAR IS THIS? Is this still impressive?? Is it bad-retro coming back to haunt us? Anyway it sickened me as so much about MARIO does.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, but like I said before, the show is not called Popularity Contest with the Stars. It''s Dancing with the Stars. I love Emmitt, he''s adorable. But this is supposed to be a TALENT competition, and there is no way on EARTH that Emmitt is as good a dancer as Joey. That was ridiculous last night. I would have been sad to see anyone go, I really like all of them. Emmitt IS adorable. But this isn''t an ''adorable'' contest.

The final should have been Joey and Mario.
29.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 12:30:27 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I''m sorry, but like I said before, the show is not called Popularity Contest with the Stars. It''s Dancing with the Stars.
Well it''s not called POPULARITY IDOL either but, let''s face it, what in life ISN''T a popularity contest. Or - I''d argue - a LIKEABILITY contest.

Even sporting events with judging ... judges get swayed by personality/crowd response etc .. and don''t ALWAYS go "by the book"/rules.

It''s one thing they should teach kids ... it''s not just how talented/smart/achieving you are ... ultimately getting AHEAD is about GETTING ALONG. And being a person people LIKE being around.

Though ya gotta be careful not to go OVERBOARD ... JOEY (imo) was too needy ... too groveling .. too "nice" ... too eager & pandering. Ya can''t BEG to be loved. You just have to exude LOVEABILITY (and confidence). Hello Emmitt.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 12:41:05 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 11/9/2006 12:30:27 PM
I''m sorry, but like I said before, the show is not called Popularity Contest with the Stars. It''s Dancing with the Stars.
Well it''s not called POPULARITY IDOL either but, let''s face it, what in life ISN''T a popularity contest. Or - I''d argue - a LIKEABILITY contest.

Even sporting events with judging ... judges get swayed by personality/crowd response etc .. and don''t ALWAYS go ''by the book''/rules.

It''s one thing they should teach kids ... it''s not just how talented/smart/achieving you are ... ultimately getting AHEAD is about GETTING ALONG. And being a person people LIKE being around.

Though ya gotta be careful not to go OVERBOARD ... JOEY (imo) was too needy ... too groveling .. too ''nice'' ... too eager & pandering. Ya can''t BEG to be loved. You just have to exude LOVEABILITY (and confidence). Hello Emmitt.
Sure, life is about talent, smarts, AND getting along. But last I checked, Joey wasn''t NOT getting along with anyone, nor was he begging to be loved. He was THANKFUL for the support that he got. That is a completely different thing than being needy. So is being eager. The popularity thing just smacks of high school and frankly, I was hoping that sort of mentality could be left there when judging a dancing competition. I guess not. Don''t get me wrong here, I''m not directing this solely towards you. But I think it''s pretty sad when someone who clearly has more talent is given the boot and someone with less talent is kept. Which is usually why I don''t like to watch these sort of shows. And why I don''t watch American Idol.

This isn''t world peace or anything of dramatic importance, but it''s irritating to me. Last year I thought the voting on DWTS was much more indicative of actual dancing talent.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I just think of "what is" rather than what "should be" ... because controlling how all of AMERICA votes on a dancing show seems kinda futile to me. Should they have a segment where a stern dance master instructs the public to "Please, ONLY consider dance technique. Don''t be "high school" & vote for who you LIKE". Or should we all just know that already & dial dutifully - emotions be damned!
3.gif
11.gif

I don''t think it''s "sad" that Joey got voted off. The thing is ... EMMITT & MARIO are who the majority of voters wanted to see in the finale. Maybe that''s not the show YOU wanna see ... but MAJORITY rules.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 1:23:22 PM
Author: decodelighted
I guess I just think of ''what is'' rather than what ''should be'' ... because controlling how all of AMERICA votes on a dancing show seems kinda futile to me. Should they have a segment where a stern dance master instructs the public to ''Please, ONLY consider dance technique. Don''t be ''high school'' & vote for who you LIKE''. Or should we all just know that already & dial dutifully - emotions be damned!
3.gif
11.gif

I don''t think it''s ''sad'' that Joey got voted off. The thing is ... EMMITT & MARIO are who the majority of voters wanted to see in the finale. Maybe that''s not the show YOU wanna see ... but MAJORITY rules.
1.gif
Yeah, ''Lost'' didn''t turn out to be the show I wanted to see either last night. Wasn''t a good night for me.
5.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 1:26:40 PM
Yeah, ''Lost'' didn''t turn out to be the show I wanted to see either last night. Wasn''t a good night for me.
5.gif
9.gif
Awww. I hear ya. I don''t love LOST but there was such big hype about that episode I was *curious* so DH gave me a phone-recap while I was driving back from the city last night. It wasn''t good for me either.
3.gif
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i guess if they wanted to make it a real dancing contest they should take America''s voting out of the mix and just let the judges do it. then they would get elimated based on talent and skill and not popularity but I have a feeling ABC likes it just they way it is since it''s one of their highest ranked shows. american idol makes me mad too when the lame singers surpass the better ones but that''s just how it goes.

I will watch the final and would have no matter who was there (except Jerry
3.gif
)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree MrsS. I think in the end they want the ratings, bottom line, and having the public vote certainly brings that. I will be rooting for Emmitt, but I won''t vote next week because I''m a pouty indignant rebeller.
3.gif
5.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 11:25:53 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I''m glad for a all boy semifinal too. I can''t wait
36.gif
. ok, and did you all notice Cheryl''s house..my gosh that ballroom was just amazing. I bet she could have some amazing parties once she''s no longer dancing, maybe even rent it out for wedding receptions
3.gif

Mara, I totally agree about Edyta. Last year she always looked kinda pale and sickly, especially when they were just standing there, not actually dancing. This year she looks a lot more fun and I loved it when she hugged Joey after they announced they were safe. She truly looked happy for once.

Oh and did you guys see that they are going on Tour. It''s like Drew and cheryl, Lisa and Louis, Ashley and Harry, Willa and max and Joey Mac from the first season. Kinda a weird group if you ask me but it''s probably all they could get. i wish Kelly or stacy were on the tour. My sister is a dancer and watches too. I asked her if she''d want to go and she does so I think we might get tickets
41.gif
They do have great parties in there! They don''t rent it out though. Cheryl lives in the SF bay area and that house (of her parents) is a wower!! I was somewhat surprised that they identified it as Cheryl''s on the show. I would be concerned about security. Their ballroom was on TV plenty in the last season cause Jerry Rice (their neighbor) used Cheryl''s place to practice. But they never explained whose ballroom it was.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

okay so i finally sat down and watched both shows last nite since i was out of town earlier this week and man was i sad when joey got voted off. i didn''t have a chance to vote this week but i''m sure my piddly votes couldn''t save him. i am really disappointed though because to me, emmitt does not DESERVE to be in the final with mario. he is just flat out not the better dancer of those 3. and i know it''s popularity but i just do not like him. he has no SOUL. he and cheryl, all they want to do is win win win, there''s nothing humble at all in either of them and their appearances. sure i believe in believing or deserving you can win like emmitt was saying, but joey had such a humble attitude about it all. like he would surprise himself each week too with how wonderful he was getting. emmitt and cheryl just act like they know they should be there so whatever. mario''s attitude for me as joey was...like he just gave his all and he was always really concerned with the report from the judges and jazzed when the audience saved them etc. emmitt just seems to me like he''s so used to being competitive and winning that it''s all that matters.

anyway, i had tears in my eyes when watching joey''s little flashback thing....so cheesy i know but i just was so sad that he didn''t get to the final 2. i think he really deserved it with how hard he has worked and how flat out wonderful he is on that dance floor. and i just loved the dynamic between him and edyta. for me emmitt and cheryl don''t have that same wow factor, they don''t really match as well for me and that''s a big deal IMO because i like to see ''flow''. while emmitt is a good dancer, he always seems just a bit like frankenstein lumbering around on the stage. and i don''t feel like getting up and dancing when i watch him. color me a cynic.

9.gif

don''t know if i will vote next week but i might vote just to see mario win...even though he probably will because his fan base is HUGE. i think he deserves it out of the two of them for sure. and yes it kind of bugs that cheryl is in the final 2 again.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dance-off Time!!!

It''s recording on my Tivo now HOPEFULLY. I may even *gasp* vote!

(go Emmitt)
3.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn''t get through to vote the whole night!!!! I thought the free style was a little goofy. Mario and Karina''s free style wasn''t as good as I had hoped... it was just so-so for me. Emmitt and Cheryl did pretty well, and it was humorous. MC Hammer!!

It really is a tough call?!?!? I like them both.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results