shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
That show is really going crazy. Then there is a big article about how Carrie Ann Inarba, the judge, is "in love with" and dating Artem, who is one of the past dancers from So you Think You Can Dance. He''s 24, she''s 38. Very odd all the way around.

Mario and Carina are denying any rumors of their own relationship - I guess they saw how well that went for Max and Willa!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! Sara Evans has quit ABC''s Dancing With the Stars due to "personal reasons." She''s filed for divorce and requests privacy.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/10/12/entertainment/e213830D01.DTL

Even though I wanted her off the show, it''s sad to see another divorce.
7.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 12:03:38 PM
Author: snlee
Oh my! Sara Evans has quit ABC''s Dancing With the Stars due to ''personal reasons.'' She''s filed for divorce and requests privacy.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/10/12/entertainment/e213830D01.DTL

Even though I wanted her off the show, it''s sad to see another divorce.
7.gif

there was a story in the local paper too. very sad. I''m wondering why she would sign up for dancing with the stars with all the personal stuff going on
7.gif

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

it will be interesting to see what ABC does since that would cut a week of competition. Do you think they''ll bring willa back?

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I think that would be the nicest thing to do!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this story today, too. This may sound mean, but I can''t say I''m sad that Sara''s off the show. I feel badly about her divorce and the tough times she''s going through, but I won''t miss her dancing. I also wondered what they''ll do...cut the season a week short or bring Willa back? I really don''t like that so much is based on viewer votes. Why even have the judges?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad Sara''s gone, too. But I don''t think they''ll bring Willa back. Willa and Max were on Kelly & Regis yesterday, and Willa said the viewers have voted and it''s over for her. So I don''t think she''ll be coming back. They again denied they are dating. Willa just has a really positive attitude and is holding her head high. She doesn''t seem bitter.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might be plumb crazy (and many here might testify to that
31.gif
) BUT .. I really liked Jerry''s dance this week. I agree with the judge who said it was like a comedy sketch ... Carol Burnett or something ... HILARIOUS!

When you watch old dance movies ... there are "comedy/dance" numbers like that ... and they did it flawlessly ... TWICE. I''d have been sad if THAT was the week he got voted off.

Also agree about the slight SLEAZY quality of this season: Mario & Ho(s) ... Teenybopper & Spiritual Guru/Lothario ... Pop-Tart & Max-i-mo ... not to mention Mr. Clean the Dancin Machine.

Someone should hose off all that spray tanner with ice water & maybe they could concentrate on the DANCING.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I also loved Jerry's samba. It's good to see that he's lighthearted about the competition and using the strengths he has (or lack thereof!)
19.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I heard on ET that Sara is giving a taped response tonight as to why she is leaving the show.... so we''ll see what that entails...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, I watched. I''ll recap later as to not spoil anything for the westies but can I just say why does Samantha wear such low cut dresses. the cut goes almost to her belly button and her neck is really loooooong so she looks even longer and strange with the low dresses
33.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought Mario did great last night. I really enjoyed their performance and even though I don''t like them or want them to win, it was awesome. I also really enjoyed Monique last night and thought 2 of the judges were too hard on her. She took Carrie ann''s advice to heart and it seem like they penalized her for it in a way. Didn''t really like Joey''s performance, it was ok, maybe it was the song with the dance? don''t know..Emmitt, he''s so fun to watch but definitely missed a lot of the steps and didn''t have the tight, sharp moves that the others have. Jerry, well I hope tonight his night to go. It wasn''t even entertaining and almost painful to watch. Of course, i wonder if ABC is going to surprise everyone and not give anyone the boot since they need to fill the extra week. I thought the 70''s number was fun and monique and Louie were the one''s who caught my eye but everyone was fun to watch.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I agree Mrs. Salvo - Jerry must go! To me he was sort of begging to get taken off the show - I think he is becoming more uncomfortable since it is obvious he cannot keep up with the younger crowd.

Mario did a good job and I thought Joey looked remarkably stiff and boring. Usually I like him, but not last night.

I think the judges were overly cruel to Monique - she did quite well and I thought there was enuf samba in there, even if the judges thought otherwise.

The interview with Sara was very boring. But man, her whole divorce papers are all up on the internet detailing all her husband''s bad actions and perversions and so on. It is just terrible to have that document floating about for all to see.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we watched both shows last nite as tues was too hectic for me getting ready for the new gig and all. anyway...i think everyone is doing fab EXCEPT jerry. hahaha. i was so bummed to see joey and E in the bottom 2 last nite and i would have been even more steamed if they had gone home and jerry stayed. i really wish he''d just BOW OUT. he definitely got less clapping this time on his routine and there was much less boo''ing when the judges critiqued him.

but i totally agreed with Mo on how the judges have double standards when they talk to the men vs women or even certain celebs!! they wear blinders on some of them. so jerry gets ''the best scores ever'' because he entertained the crowd but when Mo and her partner do the samba krump routine, they get dinged for not being technical enough? their routine was super entertaining. but nope, i guess she''s got too much talent to give her an 8 just because she entertained the crowd. jerry is graded on a ridiculous scale for his dancing.

also wasn''t it FUNNY how joey''s wife came in to approve his dance to edyta? and was anyone else cracking up because E seemed so self-conscious and shy when i think she is one of the most sexy and secure seeming women out there when she dances? that whole thing made us laugh. and then in the end of the 2nd show when the body language person was talking, we were DYING at the clips of joey licking his lips in every episode like 50 times. too funny.

did anyone else think the whole eva/mario/mario''s partner thing was weird? where they all went out and danced. since all the rumors are flying around re: mario and eva and his partner i thought that sidebar was the oddest thing ever!! i felt like the partner was making snide comments couched with a smile (aka i love eva! she''s my favorite housewife!) like digs? and eva was all calling mario and old friend and he is all ''its so great to get together with an old friend and a new friend''...i just felt like everything was an innuendo! did anyone else see that?!

anyway i am so bummed that J and E are in the bottom 2 so next week i have to make time to watch the show on tues and VOTE so i can hopefully make some sort of diff since they are combining scores. argh!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara I totally agree with you on Joey and E and seeming so shy doing the sexy dancing etc. I felt kinda awkward for his wife, she was a great sport but just seemed awkward being there. i also thought it was so strange that Eva was out with Mario and Katrina. Just weird (she''s my favorite housewife too.)

I was glad M wasn''t in the bottom this week and really hope and pray next week is Jerry''s last. I just knew they weren''t going to give any of them the boot. I even told my hubby like 3 times just so when it happened I could rub it in
11.gif
. I guess that makes the most sense but I don''t see how Jerry is going to do 2 dances when he can''t even master 1.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
ITA--I thought Karina''s comments about Eva were a little bit of veiled cattiness!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so watched it last nite and i voted like crazy for joey and edyta and monique and louie and a few times for mario and karina. but who knows if it really did any good?!?!

i personally loved J/E and M/K's foxtrots out of the first group of people the best, J/E was my fave with singing in the rain, super cute !!; and then in the second half i really liked Emmitt and Cheryl even though i don't really like them in general, they just both bug me...they remind me of a popular clique at school or something with their attitude, i don't even know why that is. they just seem over competitive and not in a good or cute way. and in the 2nd half i thought J/E and M/K did well but not AS well as the first half. and i thought monique and louie's mambo was kind of sloppy in the 2nd half. i felt like learning 2 dances was just like that bit too much for the dancers even though they all did wonderfully in general.

and GOSH but jerry HAS TO GO. if i have to hear one more time about how entertaining he is..even if he can't friggin dance, i am going to SCREAM. M/K and J/E are super entertaining as well with their 'story' dances but they can DANCE. Jerry is just entertaining and it's way old for me. if they don't go tonite i will be pretty bitter because everyone else is dancing at like 5 levels above jerry. i hope his fans realize that.

i really love Joey's enthusiasm....i swear i always have the biggest smile on my face watching them dance becuase they both look like they are having fun. i find J/E super cute together too, a great pair. did anyone see when she blew him that kiss before their foxtrot number? and he caught it and put it in his pocket? super cute. but i don't get a ROMANCE vibe from them which is good because of course one is married and one is engaged. but they just seem like really cute together and in sync with their dancing. i hope they stick around, i will be really bummed if they go. i'd rather see mo go before them and of course tonite jerry should go. but will he?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I 'chain' voted for Joey like some people chain smoke. I just kept dialing over and over. He rocked and there should be no way he should even be CLOSE to elimination. I hope it worked.

ETA: Even the judges were like 'Jerry [Springer], you're entertaining, but you're just not on the level of these other dancers.' And Jerry knows it full well. I felt like it was the judges also telling the audience that it's time for him to go!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG at least Carrie Ann did say you aren''t on the same level but then Len who is like SUCH a stickler for the right moves and quality of dance typically is all ''oh it doesnt matter to me if he''s on the same level or not, he''s so entertaining!'' and I was like what?!? I just hate the inconsistency the judges display sometimes. It''s like do you want quality of dancing or entertainment? Because I think you can have both and the best dances, esp professionals..DO! Even Jerry knows...he was saying ''well can I just crack jokes during the breaks''...cuz you shouldn''t be dancing!!!
40.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2006 1:46:49 PM
Author: Mara
FG at least Carrie Ann did say you aren't on the same level but then Len who is like SUCH a stickler for the right moves and quality of dance typically is all 'oh it doesnt matter to me if he's on the same level or not, he's so entertaining!' and I was like what?!?
YES!!! I noticed this too. Len gave Jerry an EIGHT. An EIGHT!!! That's only one below what he gave Joey and Mario. Don't think Jerry's performance was in ANY way only 1 point less worthy than theirs!!! I think there's some age-bias there....as Len is probably around Jerry's age.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I think Jerry has had his final dance. He is going to go. Had they eliminated a couple last week - it was going to be him.

I guess we''ll see tonight!

p.s. I really did like Cheryl and Emmitt''s second dance - they did VERY well, even though i''m not the biggest fan of them in general. I think I want to see a different professional and a star combo win it, other than Cheryl - ehh...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved the performances last night too. Jerry NEEDS to go. His time was up a long time ago. I really am pulling for Joey. Mario just bugs me even though he can dance. I loved Emmitt and Cheryl''s second number. I think cheryl is just an amazing choreographer. What she comes up with is so entertaining. It will be interesting to see who goes tonight. I pray, pray, pray it''s Jerry or I will be so bummed.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
so i just watched the this last episode (haven''t watched more than a couple of seconds since the first episode)

and it really seems that the judges have a grudge agaiinst Mario?

and I really want to like Joey but the shiny head and the crazy eyebrows REALLY distract me. I find myself staring at his head the whole routine and then I''m like "Oh wait? he was dancing??"

emmitt is ok I guess - but it does seem like he is trying to scoot by on the "i''m so cool" vibe

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I come back from being gone on vacation for three weeks and I find out that Jerry Springer is STILL on the show??? Let''s cross our fingers and hope that tonight is finally the night! I had to vote for Joey. He is just too good of a dancer to go home yet and I can''t believe that he was really in the bottom two last time!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Now it''s a REAL competition!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2006 1:52:16 AM
Author: Mara
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Now it''s a REAL competition!

i''m so happy, next week should be just awesome to watch. Monique is going to have to step it up or there is a good chance the the final will be 3 men...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hurray we FINALLY got rid of Jerry and he seemed quite relieved to go!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think Jerry could have held on any longer - he knew everyone else was better & talented and he was just in it for the laughs...

I feel bad for Monique, but she is sliding to the bottom week after week - she really will need to step it up and show everyone that she''s got what it takes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, she was not that good this week as she has been in the past...the other 3 are really surpassing her....I would hate to see just men in the competition but I can''t say that I would be sad if it came down to Mario and Joey!! But I think it may be more like Mario and Emmitt in the final two, their fan bases seem SUPER strong. I''m going to vote like mad for Joey next week, I think he will need it.

OMG and did anyone else die laughing at that gal in one of the interview/street sidebars who was saying she wanted to rub his bald beautiful head? and then she was all ''he grew up real nice...REAL NICE''...we were both DYING and greg made me rewind it so we could see it again and laugh some more. it was so hilarious. the tone in her voice on that 2nd real nice was just to die for, it was really aggressive and strong. hahaha. she puffy hearts Joey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results