shape
carat
color
clarity

DAMMIT FEDEX!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or should I say, Mother Nature! I am waiting on a VERY IMPORTANT package which should've arrived HERE tomorrow, but due to weather got held up in Memphis and won't get to the shipper sending it to me til tomorrow. Gah.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just went through this - snow storm, ring a week late. Got on my last nerve :lol:
Happy box opening! It's worth the wait.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have TWO packages of SERIOUS importance on their way, one hopefully to arrive tomorrow and right now that's the one that's of utmost importance that was to be here today. I am going to be a nervous WRECK all night and day.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain! I actually decided against shipping anything of value right now just for that reason. I'm sure your packages will arrive safely very soon. Hopefully all this bad either will clear up soon and FEdEx will be able to resume their normal schedule!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yah, lots of fun for us shippers too. At one point in this mess I think I had five packages that were a day or more late. One package sent on the 12th and scheduled for the 13th finally arrived yesterday the 18th.

GAHHHH!

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink|1392857505|3618952 said:
Yah, lots of fun for us shippers too. At one point in this mess I think I had five packages that were a day or more late. One package sent on the 12th and scheduled for the 13th finally arrived yesterday the 18th.

GAHHHH!

Wink
Wink, I clicked refresh twice already, as if it progressed any further. :errrr: But a week, OMG.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

So one is at the holding station. And the other hasn't moved since last night. THAT is not comforting me.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I sold something to another PSer, and paid for Priority shipping. LIttle did I know that when you're tracking it, it goes from:

At post office
Sent to post office sorting facility
At facility near destination
On truck to be delivered
Delivered

That space in the middle took 5 days because of weather!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1392998203|3620136 said:
I sold something to another PSer, and paid for Priority shipping. LIttle did I know that when you're tracking it, it goes from:

At post office
On truck to be delivered
Delivered

I dropped this last night for Priority Overnight Fedex, delivery today, which still shows on time. I have been checking it like a FREAK. It got the accepted scan and then the Left FedEx origin facility scan. And then NOTHING. I am now like...hyperventilating.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Me too!

I got a package from Minneapolis where they were in the middle of a blizzard, but not from you yet. It is more than a little scary!

But...

It has been more than twenty years since I lost a package from Fedex, so I am going to hold my breath a while longer.

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink|1393004955|3620187 said:
Me too!

I got a package from Minneapolis where they were in the middle of a blizzard, but not from you yet. It is more than a little scary!

But...

It has been more than twenty years since I lost a package from Fedex, so I am going to hold my breath a while longer.

Wink
I am seriously stroking out right now. WHAT THE HELL DOES N/A mean on "delivery"!?!!!! WHERE IS IT.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ame|1393005314|3620190 said:
Wink|1393004955|3620187 said:
Me too!

But...

Wink
I am seriously stroking out right now. WHAT THE HELL DOES N/A mean on "delivery"!?!!!! WHERE IS IT.

I am in the queue at Fedex right now, I will let you know when I have any information.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All I can get out of them is that it is on the way to the station that delivers to my address. Thus it is in the air somewhere and NOT lost.

We can both breathe a little easier now.

Wink

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you lots of delivery dust ame!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My studs weren't the issue. But a major package between me and a Wink! I see it's finally in his land but I hope in his hands soon.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UGH! i just need to vent as i had another frustrating experience with UPS.

So i ordered a setting online. It was 2day shipping. Ive been watching the shipping tracking as soon as it was posted. For days its said "on time, scheduled delivery FEB 22"

so I've been waiting all day. Checked it at 1 to see if it was on the truck. Of course at this point it said "feb 24" :angryfire:

So i called up the USP. First go round i held for 2 minutes then it hung up on me. Second time i called the woman said "sorry we don't deliver on saturdays." So i said, "why did it tell me for so long that it would delivered on the 22nd ?" "oh i dunno i dunno"....

So i asked if i could pick it up at the UPS location and of course "they aren't open past 1:00"

so of course, had it F*ing told e 24th from the START i could have went and picked it up today. But no, only tells me that once its too late!

I HATE HATE HATE UPS

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ame|1393042750|3620507 said:
My studs weren't the issue. But a major package between me and a Wink! I see it's finally in his land but I hope in his hands soon.

Finally, it is. As of twenty-five minutes ago.

Ame, you need to give a seminar on packaging if you can get to the Pricescope Get Together.

Insurance companies wish every one did it the way that you did. Completely secure.

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink|1393098697|3620748 said:

Ame, you need to give a seminar on packaging if you can get to the Pricescope Get Together.

Insurance companies wish every one did it the way that you did. Completely secure.

Wink
Anal-retentiveness at its finest!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1392998203|3620136 said:

At post office
On truck to be delivered
Delivered

Mine was sent USPS Priority + Registered mail, and there was no "real" tracking in the middle of the journey.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1393111165|3620827 said:

Wink

YAY!!! Happy ending!!! :appl:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1393111165|3620827 said:

Wink

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like something I'd have done. I err towards too much packaging. If there is such a thing.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe this should be happy ending, yes! But yes I am a ridiculous packer. It isn't so much the overage of materials, it's just the way I make sure things "won't move." In this case I taped something down that I was scared would flop or bang, and I put a heavier bulky item in a place that kept something from sliding out/around as well. Then I sealed the edges of the box, and scribbled all over any seams, and any opening options. When I worked in the agency, and actually I do this with my long distance bridal stuff too, I'd stick business cards under the tape between the box and the tape, so that it was REALLY obvious if a seam broke. I scribble my name or my company name all over things. They look at me like a nut at the shipping companies but I've had too many things taken in the past--invite jobs, whatever, because they figure out there is some kind of insurance value on it somehow and that makes them think it's worth something. Well, I insure an invite job for the amount of the job because I may need to recraft it if the shipper destroys the box and it gets wet!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my first late Fed Ex delivery this winter, too. I had a ring set through a PS vendor and the bench person was sending the ring directly back to me from the west coast. It was overnight to be delivered on Friday. I was going to be out of town that Monday and part of Tuesday and called and told them that. They tried to deliver too early on Tuesday, so I missed it that day, too. So I finally got it on Wed. which was 5 days late!!!

Ame, I imagine you double or triple bag your invitation orders in ziploc bags before they go in the shipping box, right? That way they'd be protected if the box was dropped in water, at least.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1393257050|3621902 said:
I had my first late Fed Ex delivery this winter, too. I had a ring set through a PS vendor and the bench person was sending the ring directly back to me from the west coast. It was overnight to be delivered on Friday. I was going to be out of town that Monday and part of Tuesday and called and told them that. They tried to deliver too early on Tuesday, so I missed it that day, too. So I finally got it on Wed. which was 5 days late!!!

Ame, I imagine you double or triple bag your invitation orders in ziploc bags before they go in the shipping box, right? That way they'd be protected if the box was dropped in water, at least.
I do, they're triple-ziploc'd even when they're not shipped. When they are shipped they're triple ziploc'd, wrapped in bubblewrap, then double boxed. But the way these shipping companies sometimes handle packages, the ones not stolen, anyway, that hasn't mattered on a couple rare occasions. They crushed the package (or actually in one case cut it open), tearing the boxes and puncturing the plastic bags, then water can seep in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results