shape
carat
color
clarity

Crazy Cat Lady

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I have been told by a very close friend that I am only a husband away from being the crazy cat lady. Today when I went to a new pet store they had to 'store' pets a dog and a kitten and OMG I carried the little baby cat all over the store on my shoulder and now all I can think is how much I want MORE KITTIES. Yes, I'm going to the SPCA and putting in a volunteering application tomorrow, I promise.

Anyone else in danger of creating a catopia is left to their own devices?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I most definitely belong in this madhouse!

I volunteer at a couple of cat shelters and I'm always tempted to sneak a couple home... somehow don't think FI would appreciate that much though, given that we planned for one cat and somehow have acquired three - in 900sq-ft. Keeping the place clean is a right PITA!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well as someone who at one point had 6 indoor cats and a feral cat colony of 11 or so, I can't call you crazy. :bigsmile:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love my two boys, but I kind of want to add another kitty - a girl this time. Especially since my boys are so big now!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I can honestly say, NO! That is not my idea of a happy house for me haha! But to each their own, I know my best friend's attitude is "the more cats the better". Some people really enjoy cats and enjoy having a few.

No, I'm good with one small Scottie dog. No cats.

I did see a very fascinating documentary called "Cat Ladies" but those women took it to the extreme. I think the least amount of cats one of the women owned was 16 :errrr: The worst had well over 100 cats and they were sick and ferals that she had trapped and brought home. It was absolutely disturbing because all the cats were making her really sick but she refused to get rid of them. Animal control finally intervened.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 15 year old Tabby, a six month old Lavender Oriental Short hair and just put a deposit on a Chestnut Oriental Short hair
kitten who will be ready to bring home in September. I try to keep my cat population at four or less.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am about to pick up my second kitty so I am definitely on the slippery slope to crazy cat lady. And I don't have a husband to stop me! :errrr:

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
We're on 3 cats, I tried to give one to my sister a while back, but it decided to love the baby and put up with tail pulling and missing fur, so I can't let her go now. We also have a dog, and I'm seriously considering not having one after he's left this world! Cats are so much easier.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
"One husband away from being a crazy cat lady."

Yup--that would pretty much be me. We have three cats and a dog right now. We had four cats when we were first married, when my little Bootsie was still around. If we had a bigger house, I would fill it with cats.

I'd also love to have a lot of land so I could have sheep, cows, chickens, rabbits, you name it. If they're furry and I have the space, I'll take 'em! DH likes to say that I loved Ireland so much because of all the sheep, dogs, and cows. He may not be so far off.

I've posted this all over PS, but I love this cat picture. Just look at those guys! They just want to LOOOOOOOOOVE on you!!!!
catroomhavenps.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Oh yea. We have 2, but we have fostered kittens and were it not for Maggie's recent health issues, we were looking at fostering/volunteering at a shelter to be with more. When they have kittens at the pet stores, I always have to take them out and hold them; their purr is different and they just smell like kittens. If we ever do very well on money, we will not be stopping at 2.
My parents have 3 and my MIL, for all her craziness, is a cat whisperer, so they have a large number than come and go.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
With three cats and a dog I am in no place to criticize you for wanting more. At one point we had six cats, so three's a piece of cake. I'm not actively seeking another but the strays can usually find me.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
We just got what's my first cat ever and I already want more. I love my kitten pie to pieces, but I'm already a little bit sad that he's growing so much. I've been looking at the pet ads on craigslist and the kittens are so cute, I do refrain from looking at the one's on "the list" so that I really don't feel that I need to save some adorable animal. I think it's possible that I may become a crazy cat lady, especially if people keep showing their super cute cat pictures!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven said:
"One husband away from being a crazy cat lady."

Yup--that would pretty much be me. We have three cats and a dog right now. We had four cats when we were first married, when my little Bootsie was still around. If we had a bigger house, I would fill it with cats.

I'd also love to have a lot of land so I could have sheep, cows, chickens, rabbits, you name it. If they're furry and I have the space, I'll take 'em! DH likes to say that I loved Ireland so much because of all the sheep, dogs, and cows. He may not be so far off.

I've posted this all over PS, but I love this cat picture. Just look at those guys! They just want to LOOOOOOOOOVE on you!!!!
catroomhavenps.jpg

Haven, that photo is one of my all time favourite pictures on PS :love:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a cat person at all, but if I could, I might be a crazy bunny lady! I currently have two and they absolutely run the house. I can't look anywhere on our first floor without seeing signs of bunnies (at the moment it's many pieces of ripped phonebook all over the living room). According to most people we're already crazy bunny people and we only have 2! When we have a house of our own I hope to take on a few fosters in addition to getting a dog or two.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I have three now. My heart tugs to take the two that are left where my parents used to live, but DH wont allow it. I would love to be a crazy cat lady. My best friend also loves cats and one day we decided that since women typically live longer than men that once our husbands die we will be crazy cat ladies together. The more the merrier!

DH already calls me a crazy cat lady because when I am home sitting in my recliner with my feet up all three will get up and sit there with me.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, sign me up too. Left to my own devices I'd have more, probably. However we do have to very attention-needy boys right now (and one more independant girl) and they definitely get jealous of each other getting more love, even if they do love each other. One more would probably make the boys very unhappy to share me even further, so that's a factor in trying to rein in my need to take home every cutie kitty that needs a good home.

DH hates going on walks with me since i end up snuggling every cat I run across.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results