shape
carat
color
clarity

Could you help me out with what to call this, please?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Last summer our friends had a catastrophic house fire and lost everything they owned except what they wore to work that day. For the past 10 months they have been living in an insurance provided condo and working with architects/builders designing their new home. Fortunately their insurance company came thru after a bit of dickering {and a bit of legal pressure}. I know my friend is still traumatized by the fire and having a horrendous time at work, she is an ER nurse and the hospital has just been bought out, her daughter is mental health issues and I know the thought of starting from scratch is going to push her right to the edge. She is a great friend to us {and to MANY other people} and I really want to help.

{yeah, there is a point} As the house is built and they begin furnishing it I would like to have some kind of a "Shower" for her once she picks out her themes, colors, etc. Not to get involved in the decorating, of course, but helping out in the "finishing". I can't call it a shower, and isn't a housewarming given by the homeowners? So I'm a bit stumped. Or do you think it's overstepping? Please be honest.

I realize it's several months down the road, but I'd like to start thinking about getting this organized and talking with a few other girls to see what they think location wise, etc.

thanx for ANY input.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its a lovely and supportive thing to do.

It's not a housewarming (lol, no 'fire' related nomenclature!), Home Reconstruction Shower, Count Your Blessings Shower, From The Ground Up Party???

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
azstonie|1437864849|3907470 said:
I think its a lovely and supportive thing to do.

It's not a housewarming (lol, no 'fire' related nomenclature!), Home Reconstruction Shower, Count Your Blessings Shower, From The Ground Up Party???

I LOVE this! thanx

I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How about a Phoenix Shower - rising up from the ashes, beautiful again?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1437870279|3907502 said:
How about a Phoenix Shower - rising up from the ashes, beautiful again?
Love this!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is a very lovely idea! I would really encourage her to register for items she likes or else give you some specifics, because most people have preferences on kinds of towels and sheets they like, etc.. I cannot imagine how traumatic that situation would be. Building a house while working is hard enough.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1437887459|3907584 said:
I think that is a very lovely idea! I would really encourage her to register for items she likes or else give you some specifics, because most people have preferences on kinds of towels and sheets they like, etc.. I cannot imagine how traumatic that situation would be. Building a house while working is hard enough.

I think its a great idea. Registering is a nice idea as well. She is lucky to have you as a friend.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new house "shower" is a great idea and how thoughtful of you to think of doing that for her. I bet a lot of her friends have wanted to do something in show of support and this will be a great way of doing that.

Also, registering is a great idea :)) .

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
If this happened to a friend of mine and someone threw the party, I'd be all over the gift-giving. What a great idea!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
This is such a wonderful idea! You are a great friend to think of doing this! :clap:

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
I also think it is a great Idea.
A registry is a good idea.
You could also start a Go Fund Me or indiegogo campaign to raise money, let them do the shopping themselves.
Then you party would just be a community fundraiser. Raising awareness for people to contribute. They can buy something, or they can contribute money. I'm sure there are others in their neighbourhood who would want to help as well, not just friends.

It would also allow people who don't attend to contribute. I would see people here contributing as well.

Good Luck!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Finally, a good reason for a shower! This is really nice of you. Well done.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I'm loving all these ideas! Keep them coming! Thanks everyone! {I'll keep you posted}

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results