shape
carat
color
clarity

Confession - DH is out of town for a week and I've been BAD!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re: Confession - DH is out of town for a week and I've been

I am so jealous!

I have to eat at Taco Bell & Wendys before I die ;(

April20

Ideal_Rock

When DH is out of town, I have biscuits and bacon for dinner. And maybe pancakes. He's not always into bfast for dinner, so I rock it out when he's not home.

When I go out of town, he eats out too much- hot wings, burgers, mexican and then I get all the receipts. For a while, we had an agreement that he could eat all the trash he wanted when I wasn't around, but he better pay cash because I found evidence, he'd be in trouble. His cholesteraol was a little high at the time and he was supposed to be getting it down!

April20

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G.|1289454472|2760997 said:
I just got back from dinner, and I'm already hungry again reading this. Girl, you are my hero!

I soooo want macaroons (NOT the coconut kind) and Krispy Kreme donuts right now. Neither of which are available to me. I need to be back in a city!!!

Have you had/made almond macaroons? There's a little bakery here that does them and they are fabulous. I spent a lot of time googling and testing recipes out and finally got them mastered. They are too dangerous for me to make often or keep in the house!!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock

LAJennifer|1289445613|2760785 said:
Sunday - I had Nachos Bell Grande and a Taco Supreme from Taco Bell.
Monday - I had IN-N-OUT Burger
Tuesday - I had a Double Cheeseburger value meal and a Frosty from Wendy's.
Today - I had more Nachos Bell Grande and a bean and cheese burrito.

Now I want Christmas Cookies and Wine Coolers!!!

I've only done the dishes once since he left and I haven't vacuumed or done the laundry.

I don't feel guilty about it.

LAJennifer, if you were in charge of the meetup location, I would totally go to an LA GTG! But for the wine coolers, we're gastronomic guilty pleasure twins!

I don't know for how many more nights your DH will be away, but whenever my guy goes out of town, a stop at Carneys for a Red Hot Chicagoan and chili cheese fries is a must. (BTW, have I noticed a trend, namely that none of the items on your list require dishes or silverware??? Ha!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

LAJennifer|1289446248|2760808 said:
TravelingGal|1289445761|2760788 said:
btw, I hit up the frozen food section when TGuy goes out of town and my kid eats PB&J and hot dogs all week. Liberating.

It feels so good, doesn't it? Though I wonder if I would ever do the laundry or dishes if he weren't to return . . . probably not.

Yes, it feels FABULOUS. And I take all his pillow and sleep on them too!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I cannot be as "bad" as you girls because I still have to think about my kids, but I'd go to town on Trader Joe's convenience foods (just microwave and serve) when dh is out of town. Who says finger foods like pigs in the blanket or mini quiches don't make a meal? I also stop having dishes because I only use disposable plates and utensils. He's the dishwasher at home, I don't do dishes.

If it weren't for the kids I'd probably eat Panda Express for every meal. I think I'm the only Asian I know who is addicted to Panda!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock

I do the exact same thing when DH goes away. We hardly ever get takeaway but I do if I'm by myself for the night and it feels so good to be sprawled on the couch, watching a trashy movie and eating rubbish.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And I thought I was the only one who liked it when their DH went out of town! Looks like I have lots of company!
Its like a mini-vacay for me. No cooking...lots of pizza, Wendys and KFC (places the kids like).

Hmmm, I need to ask him when his next trip is scheduled...I could use a break!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think it is time for you to bake some biscochitos too. hehe :Up_to_something: :D I love Wendy's!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love Taco Bell and Wendys!!! When my hub travels I tend to eat random things as meals like yogurt and a bean burrito.

And we eat out of the TJ's freezer section all the time. I don't have time to make real meals by the time I'm home from work and get the baby to bed, so those finger foods DO make a great dinner about 2x a week. We love their boneless chicken nuggets and tater tots. No shame! And from a nutritional aspect and calorie wise it's actually better than eating fast food.

My breakfasts are often TJ's frozen steel cut oatmeal and on the wkds we have their chocolate croissants. I love TJ's freezer section!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

What is a biscochito.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results